Related Forum Threads
- Second Bespoke Commission Ideas - WW Chan Last post on 9/25/12 at 3:27pm in Classic Menswear
- My first bespoke or "not off the rack" experience Last post on 9/18/12 at 9:31am in Classic Menswear
- London bespoke casual shirts Last post on 11/7/14 at 12:15am in Classic Menswear
- Off the rack or custom made suits and shirts? Last post on 8/19/12 at 2:53am in Classic Menswear
- Definitive List of Bespoke Tailors – NYC (Traveling or Domestic) Last post on 8/11/12 at 12:06pm in Classic Menswear
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Hong Kong Shirt Tailors - WW Chan vs Ascot Chang? - Page 2post #16 of 439/24/12 at 4:51ampost #17 of 439/24/12 at 9:43amQuote:
+1, the Chan MOP buttons are some of the best I have seen, and their hand-shanked buttons are a really nice touch.Quote:
Are you able to tell where to buy TM fabric (as I thought TM don't sell direct to the public)?post #18 of 439/24/12 at 7:20pmQuote:
Sorry, The answer is no. There ain't no free lunch. I can give you some hints, you can find the wholesaler tel. no. on the books.
Hmm.. depend on what you means selling to public. They do wholesale business. So if you just buy 2 yards as a new customer, then of course they will turn you down. But if you buy 20 yards in cash, then they will sell it to you.post #19 of 439/24/12 at 10:13pmI think WW Chan can make a good shirt even though they are suit maker. If you visit them in HK, they will even do fitting for shirts.
AC's specialty is shirts and they pay great attention to detail in producing a well-fitting shirt.
Price-wise, you may be able to get some of the less expensive TM Silverline from WW Chan at $150, but the same shirt will be $180-200 at AC.post #20 of 439/25/12 at 4:44ampost #21 of 439/26/12 at 8:57pmpost #22 of 439/26/12 at 10:26pmpost #23 of 439/26/12 at 11:26pmpost #24 of 439/26/12 at 11:46pmQuote:
Maybe you haven't been in that mall, those are definitely shirtmakers
But I guess you have plenty in your phonebook.post #25 of 439/27/12 at 12:23amQuote:
Many small shirtmakers shop in the mall is not "real" shirtmaker, they don't have their "own" workshops, they just take the order and send the order out, like most tailor shop do.post #26 of 439/27/12 at 2:04amQuote:
I saw them cutting patterns from the shirt, don't worry I know their game.post #27 of 439/27/12 at 2:18ampost #28 of 439/27/12 at 2:35ampost #29 of 434/9/13 at 10:28pm
I have made 2 shirts from AC around Nov last year, I think it was due to poor market condition, they are quite easy on me. I only made 2 shirts, one using their house fabric (cost around USD160), the other one from TM (cost around USD225). So I can say that the 3 pieces rule is gone and I am not a VIP, in fact I am just a first timer. I went their Peninsula shop.post #30 of 434/10/13 at 7:19amQuote:Originally Posted by The Cat
I have made 2 shirts from AC around Nov last year, I think it was due to poor market condition, they are quite easy on me. I only made 2 shirts, one using their house fabric (cost around USD160), the other one from TM (cost around USD225). So I can say that the 3 pieces rule is gone and I am not a VIP, in fact I am just a first timer. I went their Peninsula shop.
I have the same experience at IFC shop. I just have two shirts made in 6 month time. I just order one each time telling them I wanted to give a try.
I quite like them but I have a sloping shoulder on right side and am still trying to fix the pattern.
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Advice on tuxedos 11 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Purple Label Westley Linen Sportcoat NWT 44R 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...