or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Antonio Meccariello Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Antonio Meccariello Shoes - Page 19

post #271 of 691

I got 3 pairs with Norweigan welt from Antonio amd something close to 10 (!) pairs in all. he's certainly my favorite maker

 

 

 

post #272 of 691
The first boot is the one I remember. I was debating using that mock Russian leather but decided it would be too heavy for the weather I will be living in for the next 4 years (Florida).
It is really beautiful.
post #273 of 691

maybe without the Norwegian stitching and the rubber soles you would have a visually lighter boot which you could wear in the colder months..not sure it gets cold in Florida though

post #274 of 691

You're talking me into it.  Stop!

post #275 of 691

The last time I was there he showed me a big boot he had done for a Russian client- in this leather and like yours except with a smooth vamp.  It was breathtaking.  But I have to stay within my budget so I picked out a classic 4 season shoe that will work with everything.  I still love that Metta Catharina mock leather. 

 

Someday!!

post #276 of 691

Hate to say, but I also ordered a shoe in that leather...

post #277 of 691

Sweet- shoe me a picture when you get it.  I can always order it from the states!

post #278 of 691

Italian shipping to the US is painfully expensive. Even to London it's not cheap, but no where near as bad.

post #279 of 691

I work on the US military base and have access to US postal service.  I can just have Antonio mail it to a friend in Italy and they will mail it to me.  I also have access to British Post if anyone needs a proxy.  But I leave in March and return to the States. 

post #280 of 691

A picture of my first purchase from Antonio Meccariello, his punched wholecut "signature model" which it almost has come to be, on his new soft square last modified after my feet (semi-bespoke) and in burgundy. Will post more pictures later, and also write a large buyer's guide on my blog:

 

post #281 of 691

Very cool.  Lovely shape

post #282 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

A picture of my first purchase from Antonio Meccariello, his punched wholecut "signature model" which it almost has come to be, on his new soft square last modified after my feet (semi-bespoke) and in burgundy. Will post more pictures later, and also write a large buyer's guide on my blog:


Lovely shoes, however may I ask you what the scope of the MTO (semi bespoke) order with regards to modifying the last? I am asking as it looks like we have the same issue, high insteps, which causes Oxford shoes to have a large V opening gap between the eyelets, well above the target 0.5-1cm max. I have been considered to ask AM if he could address that via MTO, but looking at your shoes, this was not addressed. Thanks
post #283 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by europrep View Post
 

Very cool.  Lovely shape

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post


Lovely shoes, however may I ask you what the scope of the MTO (semi bespoke) order with regards to modifying the last? I am asking as it looks like we have the same issue, high insteps, which causes Oxford shoes to have a large V opening gap between the eyelets, well above the target 0.5-1cm max. I have been considered to ask AM if he could address that via MTO, but looking at your shoes, this was not addressed. Thanks

 

Thanks both!

 

Marcodakondra: MTO is pretty much everything you order from him, so no upcharge on that (start from about €550 for hand welted). But for the modified last it cost €150 extra, which is very reasonable. The reason for the gap at the lacing is cause the side of the uppers are cut pretty high, so my outer ankle tuber got squeezed a bit (I seem to have it placed pretty low, have had this issue with other shoes as well) so a cobbler has inserted a heelsole-piece which makes my feet come up a bit. But since they aren't worn at all yet I'm certain they will stretch down to about a 1 cm gap or something. And most importantly, it's not uncomfortable, which is the main issue. 

post #284 of 691

To me they look perfect. I actually think the V opening looks nice as opposed to overexposed, but person preference I suppose.

 

I originally found my first pair to feel somewhat big, but once they broke in they actually fit perfectly. Never quite figured out why that is.

post #285 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by j ingevaldsson View Post

Thanks both!

Marcodakondra: MTO is pretty much everything you order from him, so no upcharge on that (start from about €550 for hand welted). But for the modified last it cost €150 extra, which is very reasonable. The reason for the gap at the lacing is cause the side of the uppers are cut pretty high, so my outer ankle tuber got squeezed a bit (I seem to have it placed pretty low, have had this issue with other shoes as well) so a cobbler has inserted a heelsole-piece which makes my feet come up a bit. But since they aren't worn at all yet I'm certain they will stretch down to about a 1 cm gap or something. And most importantly, it's not uncomfortable, which is the main issue. 

Thanks for the clarification and I understand that but would have still asked AM to address this problem as part of last modification, and want to understand if such a request would be in scope.

MSchapiro, I think is more then personal preference; any person in the shoe industry would tell you that that the V in the picture is to big. When I gave the 0.5-1cm range, normally it should always be under the 1 cm gap, but it would be allow to be 1cm in specific circumstances when the foot is normally swollen e.g. evening

I have been told more then once from RTW shoemakers, including the famous Jermyn Street shop that I should not wear Oxford shoes and should stick with Derbys as they hide better the high instep, or go Bespoke...

Edit to add pictorial example:
Problem on Derbys (to me still a big issue
Problem on Oxford

Further edit, How an oxford should fit- a first fitting bespoke Cleverley Oxford from the infamous Permanent Style blog (source http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YbzoZuWX2tE/TOu6hBmtJ3I/AAAAAAAABfY/fGRowmQ24LE/s1600/Cleverley%2Bbespoke%2Bfirst%2Bfitting.JPG)


Edited by marcodalondra - 1/23/14 at 9:06am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Antonio Meccariello Shoes