or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Antonio Meccariello Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Antonio Meccariello Shoes - Page 13

post #181 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post


I wouldn't call it bespoke. More like MTO.

I think my shoes were a step beyond MTO. The design was completely new, based on my request for whole cut double monks. They were built on an existing last, so obviously not bespoke. Custom, perhaps?
post #182 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorDucMan View Post


I think my shoes were a step beyond MTO. The design was completely new, based on my request for whole cut double monks. They were built on an existing last, so obviously not bespoke. Custom, perhaps?


That is really more the definition of MTO than bespoke. Existing lasts were also used. Although I'd agree with you that it extends beyond your average MTO.

post #183 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorDucMan View Post

I think my shoes were a step beyond MTO. The design was completely new, based on my request for whole cut double monks. They were built on an existing last, so obviously not bespoke. Custom, perhaps?

More flexibility than EG/G&G/JL MTO.

On par with SC MTO, which is capable of new patterns and last modification.
post #184 of 691
teaser of his new prototypes
next to j.lobb and gaziano

tease1w.jpg

the protoypes are not finished
to the level of the final shoes
they are being tested
for fit at the moment

antonio said that
there is still work to be done
on the lasts before he can
offer teh shoes

he is very busy
at the moment
he needs some
quiet and peace
to finalise the final lasts

but damn
the prototypes
are nice
post #185 of 691
prototypes
round and square
white residue
on teh welt
is wax because
he had just finished
using the welt
wheel

teaser2a.jpg
post #186 of 691
^^That saddle pair's last is pure om&nom. It looks more contoured than these JL or G&G comparisons, though fit and comfort are still unknown. Antonio has mad skills, I tell ya.
post #187 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRaivio View Post

^^That saddle pair's last is pure om&nom. It looks more contoured than these JL or G&G comparisons, though fit and comfort are still unknown. Antonio has mad skills, I tell ya.

 

   yes SIR . . . . that last in going to be a hit - big time

post #188 of 691
I hope I am not mistaken that the shoe has a blind welted waist. This is going to be the very few very top end RTW shoe model, I am so looking forward now.
post #189 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

prototypes
round and square
white residue
on teh welt
is wax because
he had just finished
using the welt
wheel

teaser2a.jpg

T, you are a good man to have as a client. Your posts far exceed most paid marketing.
post #190 of 691
tumblr_mm54spZhX61rmf81eo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mm550ldTjK1rmf81eo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mm55ba4t9h1rmf81eo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mm55hlZzVl1rmf81eo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mm55suqli91rmf81eo1_1280.jpg

sauce: meccariello blog

he just uploaded
a fuckton of photos
post #191 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

I hope I am not mistaken that the shoe has a blind welted waist. This is going to be the very few very top end RTW shoe model, I am so looking forward now.

 

beveled but no blind welted. 

 

Actually its blind welted.  But doesn't look as beveled/fiddled as some of the bespoke shoes I've seen.

 

post #192 of 691
^
it is quite
a bit moar than
the images show
....
and this is still at
teh prototype stage.

teh shoe you quote
the welt on the waist
has not yet been hammered
into shape
post #193 of 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post

[img]tumblr_mm55hlZzVl1rmf81eo4_1280.jpg

Pure 1940s that sole and beautiful to boot!
post #194 of 691
seriously i am so looking forward to this.
post #195 of 691
4865FBA2-9A55-411C-8BCD-5938039ADEA4-2110-00000349ED1787FD_zps316e6285.jpg
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Antonio Meccariello Shoes