or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Antonio Meccariello Shoes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Antonio Meccariello Shoes - Page 107

post #1591 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post


Anyway, thank you very much for asking on my behalf.
I shall mention this no further in the main thread if it has offended anyone.

I wouldn't worry about offending anyone, I only say PM because these kind of debates usually get out of control really quick and turn into a he said she said kind of deal (although I am sure that is no ones intention and you have been very polite). This is especially true with international transactions where there is a bit of a language barrier along with different cultures that leads to different expectations.

 

Since T4 mentions Antonio is aware I am sure the situation will end well and T4 will provide any support you need through PM. 

post #1592 of 2303

I'm debating a jodhpur.

 

I think I would want to do one in grey hatch grain. Maybe a test shoe in blue mountain ram. Thoughts? What would make a good strap?

post #1593 of 2303

gator for the hatch / suede for the ram

post #1594 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoGent View Post
 

gator for the hatch / suede for the ram

Not a huge gator fan honestly. Maybe Cordovan would be cool? I don't know if Antonio stocks cordovan that could be made grey though.​

 

Suede would be cool for the Ram.

post #1595 of 2303
A bit of caution with using shell for jodhpurs. The leather tends to tear during the process of lasting. I know that was the case with Carmina. I had Bonafe attempt it as well but ended up with the same result. They tried doing it a few times but were never successful. The only other shell jodhpurs i know of besides Carmina is from G&G. However, it seems their pattern for the jodhpur is a bit different. So this could be the reason they were able to make it. Or maybe it has to do with the skill or quality of the shell? I don't know.
post #1596 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyarkies View Post

A bit of caution with using shell for jodhpurs. The leather tends to tear during the process of lasting. I know that was the case with Carmina. I had Bonafe attempt it as well but ended up with the same result. They tried doing it a few times but were never successful. The only other shell jodhpurs i know of besides Carmina is from G&G. However, it seems their pattern for the jodhpur is a bit different. So this could be the reason they were able to make it. Or maybe it has to do with the skill or quality of the shell? I don't know.

Thanks for the heads up! I have heard that before, was actually just thinking for the strap in this case. I want to do one in the new mountain ram and one in hatch grain. ​

post #1597 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post
 

I wouldn't worry about offending anyone, I only say PM because these kind of debates usually get out of control really quick and turn into a he said she said kind of deal (although I am sure that is no ones intention and you have been very polite). This is especially true with international transactions where there is a bit of a language barrier along with different cultures that leads to different expectations.

 

Since T4 mentions Antonio is aware I am sure the situation will end well and T4 will provide any support you need through PM. 

 

Thank you. I have actually since received an email. 

There are some nice folks here on SF i think, yourself, and @T4phage included, who also seems like a nice guy (albeit with a rather peculiar form of ... writing style?)

I hope your jodhpurs turn out well. 

post #1598 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

Leather choices aside, I personally prefer a more rugged and wider toe box for country shoes in addition to the balmoral shaft line/piece not being pulled that low into the sole area. Preferably the pull tab should be sewn to the heel spine so it doesn't catch pants cuff.
i saw antonio today
and saw quite a
few awesum things...

especially teh boot..
shaft is not low
similar in height
to the original

and teh toebox
is larger than a
eg 202










i also saw more
than 30 alligator
shoes in progress....


Edited by T4phage - 10/15/15 at 1:14pm
post #1599 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage View Post


i saw antonio today
and saw quite a
few awesum things...

especially teh boot..
shaft is not low
similar in height
to the original

and teh toebox
is larger than a
eg 202

Can't wait to see it finished!

 

DHL seems to think my new pair is coming today, despite only leaving Rome two hours ago.

post #1600 of 2303
My Aurums just arrived. Honestly the pictures didn't do them justice.

Given the value of the test shoe and Aurum combo I doubt I'm ever going to buy a shoe from another maker again. I figure I already write too many compliments on here, but I'm just blown away.
post #1601 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post

My Aurums just arrived. Honestly the pictures didn't do them justice.

Given the value of the test shoe and Aurum combo I doubt I'm ever going to buy a shoe from another maker again. I figure I already write too many compliments on here, but I'm just blown away.

 

Where are them pictures?

post #1602 of 2303
Really regret not making out to see him while we were in Italy, but the timing sucked and he said he was slammed. May try a pair through the mail-in measuring protocol.
post #1603 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post
 

 

Where are them pictures?

I had to run for a flight to South Africa.

 

I will take some when I get back with my DSLR. I think these deserve better than cell phone pictures!

post #1604 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchapiro View Post
 

I had to run for a flight to South Africa.

 

I will take some when I get back with my DSLR. I think these deserve better than cell phone pictures!


Have a safe flight.

God speed.

post #1605 of 2303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMarch View Post
 


Have a safe flight.

God speed.

Thank you! Although I'm far more worried about being on the ground there than in the plane.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Antonio Meccariello Shoes