Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suspenders/braces
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:


post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
I'm looking for a certain type of suspenders/braces: On suspenders typically sold in American stores, the back two button tabs are closely spaced. The back two tabs are on a single piece of leather running through the back of the suspender. (The general shape of these is Y shaped, with the intersection of the Y worn at one's back) What I am looking for, is a pair of suspenders where the back two tabs are on separate pieces of fabric, and are connected to the back of the suspenders via a d-ring or such, so that the width between the two back button tabs can be varied, depending on the placement of the suspender buttons on the back of one's pants. (more of an X shape, with the intersection of the X worn at one's back.) Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Does anyone have any recommendations where I might find such X-shaped suspenders. Thanks Kai
post #2 of 3
I am not quite sure if these are what you are looking for, but Albert Thurston boxcloth braces usually have the D-ring in the back. Look at the boxcloth braces, and click for example, the Pink Boxcloth Brace for more information.  A diagram in the lower left hand corner of the dialogue box shows the back of the brace. Bic
post #3 of 3
I'd second this. Albert Thurston are very helpful. I now have two pairs. If you really want something different you might contact them. I got a response to my email in only 2 days. Oh and a slight aside, last time I was in London I found the Thurston braces on the Piccadilly Arcades at high prices (95 UKP). I happened to be visiting Dege and Skinner in Savile Row, who had them at just 50 UKP, and even had a range left over with the original gut ends. Enjoy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suspenders/braces