or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Why Barneys is losing me as a customer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Barneys is losing me as a customer - Page 9

post #121 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

SQ I don't think that's what teger was saying.  I'd have to go back and re-read the whole thing, but his point wasn't that you don't have a right to complain, just that Barney's isn't necessarily going to listen because their LA stock is lame for a reason.  I have a feeling that if they stocked the things you wanted, it would all sit there til sale season or get shipped to NY - their website may suck but they've been a B&M store for a long time and know their demographics.

I'd love for the Barney's here to get certain things, but it's not worth complaining about because I know it won't sell.  Although actually I don't know who the fuck is buying Junya and Rick here but whatever.

It's cool you got a response though, I've always had really good experience with barney's customer service.

you get rick owens at your barneys? which one are you at?

i understand almost everything Mr Thompson told me.
i understand there are differences in the brands that will sell.
and i also understand that the avante garde pieces wont sell in LA....
however i think the whole "rick wont sell in LA" is BS.

There are tons of celebs wearing rick...even taylor swift. maxfield gets 3 full racks of mens rick and it basically sells out every season. that shit even sells out in san diego which has notoriously boring style. even the one rack of men's rick in san diego did pretty decent (granted, i bought two of the items on there, i know there were some tall skinny asian and mexican dudes that bought it too). for this particular brand, i think it is just the exclusivity contract that maxfield holds and which barneys doesn't care to fight for. now if they were to tell me, barneys in LA doesnt carry Augusta or CCP because it wont sell....then yes, i will agree with them.

i guess the root problem is that the barneys on madison set the bar too high...
post #122 of 168

Boston.  It's one small rack, but still.  I didn't pay a ton of attention to it but pretty sure it's mainline, looked like a couple jackets, couple tees and some pants?  Nothing crazy.

post #123 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

SQ I don't think that's what teger was saying.  I'd have to go back and re-read the whole thing, but his point wasn't that you don't have a right to complain, just that Barney's isn't necessarily going to listen because their LA stock is lame for a reason.  I have a feeling that if they stocked the things you wanted, it would all sit there til sale season or get shipped to NY - their website may suck but they've been a B&M store for a long time and know their demographics.

May be the case but it doesn't matter.

Barney's will do what they think they should do anyway. It's still good to hear from customers that fill a different demographic.

Hell, for all we know, SQ might be exactly who they're trying to target, they just don't know how to attract this type of customer.
post #124 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

Boston.  It's one small rack, but still.  I didn't pay a ton of attention to it but pretty sure it's mainline, looked like a couple jackets, couple tees and some pants?  Nothing crazy.

drkshdw isn't a diffusion line
post #125 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by e0d9n0b5 View Post


drkshdw isn't a diffusion line

 

It's not?  I still wouldn't know how to refer to non-drkshdw rick besides mainline tho

post #126 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

It's not?  I still wouldn't know how to refer to non-drkshdw rick besides mainline tho

its just a different aesthetic. its all still made by olmer & mirta or whatever its called.
post #127 of 168
Thread Starter 
are pigs flying? I think i agree with everything hendrix has said recently. nod[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

It's not?  I still wouldn't know how to refer to non-drkshdw rick besides mainline tho

i dont think you are wrong. the runway collection is the mainline. the drkshdw stuff may not be a diffusion but its definitely not the mainline either.

you can usually tell pretty easily because the drkshdw pieces have a giant black tapeworm attached to them.
post #128 of 168
Like LA Guy said earlier, Barney's hasn't been running a great business for over a decade. They've been through a succession of ownership/investment groups, CEO's and top merchants, and their business performance has been lagging.
post #129 of 168
I could see that. Despite the down economy, luxury shopping has been rather robust and places like SFA have experienced positive growth. I'm not sure how Barneys is doing, but I get the sense not as well. They need to be clearer about what they offer, that is, a particular aesthetic, all in one place, with an experience that sort of builds on enjoyable shopping.
post #130 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by London View Post

Like LA Guy said earlier, Barney's hasn't been running a great business for over a decade. They've been through a succession of ownership/investment groups, CEO's and top merchants, and their business performance has been lagging.

Even Barneys NY is really boring retail experience IMO, at least above the first floor and the new shoe section. It has no energy or buzz. Just racks and racks of clothes which you can buy or not buy, who cares. Honestly going to Barneys is great for my personal finances because I can count on spotting all my wish list items and then becoming indifferent about them. It has pretty much the opposite effect as Bergdorf and even Saks to some extent, where I can't seem to leave without treating myself to something expensive and useless.
post #131 of 168
barney's has a lot of costs that smaller, one or two location stores like maxfields or atelier don't.
post #132 of 168
Madison barneys ain't that great either.

The reason LA can't have rick is because maxfield was the first place to carry him and they're the ones who gave rick his start in the business so he made an agreement that he wouldn't let anyone in the vicinity carry his shit, it's not up to barneys.
post #133 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Madison barneys ain't that great either.
The reason LA can't have rick is because maxfield was the first place to carry him and they're the ones who gave rick his start in the business so he made an agreement that he wouldn't let anyone in the vicinity carry his shit, it's not up to barneys.

I think it also explains why Forty Five Ten is the only one in DFW carry rick.
post #134 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

Madison barneys ain't that great either.
The reason LA can't have rick is because maxfield was the first place to carry him and they're the ones who gave rick his start in the business so he made an agreement that he wouldn't let anyone in the vicinity carry his shit, it's not up to barneys.

It seems Barneys has only one option, then

post #135 of 168
Thread Starter 
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Why Barneys is losing me as a customer