or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Why Barneys is losing me as a customer
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Why Barneys is losing me as a customer - Page 8

post #106 of 168
Luxury brands and retailers, with notable exceptions, have been notoriously slow on the draw when it comes to digital. and when they have gone into digital, whether social, media, e-commerce, or something else altogether, they drop the ball with frightening alacrity. This is in contrast to small, mobile, retailers and brands that have figured out how to navigate, for example, places like Styleforum, rather than accruing 1 billion useless Facebook likes.

Barney's has been in financial trouble for sometime. There is a reason that we don't have Barney's products to be reviewed. Their product taxonomy is horrible, as in pants listed under vacuum cleaners terrible.

It's usually not a secret to anyone why brands fail. They either lose sight of the big picture (see VHS), or they don't pay attention to the details. The trick is to do both. And at the core of getting the details right is listening to customer feedback. Why do you think that big brands pay good money focus groups? And why do you think that I read every little comment about the platform and the forum? Yeah, I'd love it if everything was daisies, and everyone was kissing my ass. And I'm sure that the VP of customer service would love to talk all day on the phone with people lavishing praise on Barneys. But that's just not how you make a go of things. Yes, ultimately, it's your enterprise, and you make the hard decisions, but you have to listen to counsel, no matter how bitter.
post #107 of 168
I have to say the staff at barneys in la is pretty bad I mean it is beverly hills though ironically the guys who work at the dior store on rodeo are the nicest fucking dudes. My best SA was in seattle but he was originally from NY so he used to get me all the jil I wanted and the west coast buys were actually superior to NY back then. The staff is real fake like steven said though, the only cool dude is the jamaican guy in shoes I always say wassup to him whenever I stop by. One dude got butthurt 5 years ago when I returned a raf space pullover from him and hasn't talked to me since lol. Everyone else outside the bh area is cool as fuck and about as real as LA gets it's just that affluent area where you get dealt all the bullshit.
post #108 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

I have to say the staff at barneys in la is pretty bad I mean it is beverly hills though ironically the guys who work at the dior store on rodeo are the nicest fucking dudes. My best SA was in seattle but he was originally from NY so he used to get me all the jil I wanted and the west coast buys were actually superior to NY back then. The staff is real fake like steven said though, the only cool dude is the jamaican guy in shoes I always say wassup to him whenever I stop by. One dude got butthurt 5 years ago when I returned a raf space pullover from him and hasn't talked to me since lol. Everyone else outside the bh area is cool as fuck and about as real as LA gets it's just that affluent area where you get dealt all the bullshit.

you're like the real life boy in the plastic bubble

post #109 of 168
koseh nanat
post #110 of 168
Thread Starter 
ok now this is starting to get interesting.
post #111 of 168
I usually post in the mens clothing forum, but someone emailed me this thread and checked it out. Most people know on this forum know I work for the Scottsdale store.

Glad to see two satisfied customer responses from our store!

I actually do agree that our website is lacking in several critical areas, and that some changes are going to be implemented. I like to chalk it up as "Barney's is great at fashion, IT - not so much"
post #112 of 168
So far, the only sympathetic variables in this equation are the sales staff...
post #113 of 168

Barney's dudes always seem to get the most bitter when your return shit. 

post #114 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincon View Post

Barney's dudes always seem to get the most bitter when your return shit. 

where's natan when you need him?
post #115 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

where's natan when you need him?

homeless, probably
post #116 of 168
I pretty much only shop on Barney's 4th floor. SA's are friendly and they have some of my favorite brands (Cabourn, Post Overalls, Margaret Howell, etc.) The website is rubbish though.
post #117 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by London View Post

I pretty much only shop on Barney's 4th floor. SA's are friendly and they have some of my favorite brands (Cabourn, Post Overalls, Margaret Howell, etc.) The website is rubbish though.

haven't you learned anything.......if you haven't spent a minimum of $40,000 dollars on the 4th floor, then you are not entitled to tell barneys that their website sucks. and even if you have....you should just "bitch normally" and keep it to yourself.
post #118 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post

haven't you learned anything.......if you haven't spent a minimum of $40,000 dollars on the 4th floor, then you are not entitled to tell barneys that their website sucks.

you didn't actually read my posts, did you? because I said at least 4 times that your complaints about the website are valid
post #119 of 168
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

you didn't actually read my posts, did you? because I said at least 4 times that your complaints about the website are valid

yah i saw that you agreed with all that. but you also said I am not entitled to tell barneys their shit stinks because there are other customers who spend more than me
post #120 of 168

SQ I don't think that's what teger was saying.  I'd have to go back and re-read the whole thing, but his point wasn't that you don't have a right to complain, just that Barney's isn't necessarily going to listen because their LA stock is lame for a reason.  I have a feeling that if they stocked the things you wanted, it would all sit there til sale season or get shipped to NY - their website may suck but they've been a B&M store for a long time and know their demographics.

 

I'd love for the Barney's here to get certain things, but it's not worth complaining about because I know it won't sell.  Although actually I don't know who the fuck is buying Junya and Rick here but whatever.

 

It's cool you got a response though, I've always had really good experience with barney's customer service.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Why Barneys is losing me as a customer