or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quality belts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quality belts

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hey guys--

Besides Epaulet, any suggestions where I could find a belt in the same leather finish as the one pictured below? I like the one in the picture except:

1. I wish they had it with a brushed steel finish buckle and
2. They don't have my size.



TIA
Edited by bubba04 - 9/17/12 at 2:13pm
post #2 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

Hey guys--
Besides Epaulet, any suggestions where I could find a belt in the same leather finish as the one pictured below? I like the one in the picture except:
1. I wish they had it with a brushed steel finish buckle and
2. They don't have my size.

TIA

http://www.equusleather.co.uk/index.php/Bakers-of-Colyton-Leather-Belts/Russet-Oak-Bark-Belt/flypage.tpl.html

You can pick whatever buckle you want.
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Thank you! Any others? Preferably in the U.S.?
post #4 of 16
Tanner Goods, carried by Unionmade and many other fine establishments.
post #5 of 16
Thread Starter 
Perfect. Tanner Goods FTW!

Thanks!
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hmmm, so after closer examination, it looks from the pictures on their site that they stamp their logo on the OUTSIDE of their belts?? Do they expect that you wear the belt long enough to cover the logo with the other end of the belt? Even if that's the case, that's a major turn off...



Any other suggestions for quality belts along these lines but with no stamped logos?
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

Hmmm, so after closer examination, it looks from the pictures on their site that they stamp their logo on the OUTSIDE of their belts?? Do they expect that you wear the belt long enough to cover the logo with the other end of the belt? Even if that's the case, that's a major turn off...

Any other suggestions for quality belts along these lines but with no stamped logos?

My tanner belt end covers the logo entirely. Unless you order it so you're on the very last hole, you'll be fine. I love my tanner belt.
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Thought I should share that while looking at the web site for Tanner Goods, I noticed that they accommodate special requests through the online order form, so I picked up the phone and called them to ask whether I could have a belt ordered that does not have a stamp on the outside, and the answer was NO. I then asked if they would put their stamp on the inside of the belt and they said NO.

I have to wonder if their belts are not really sold for $100 with a mandatory $12 discount for the free advertisement. patch[1].gif

Seems like a ridiculous way to keep from winning over a new customer...
post #9 of 16
Thread Starter 
Closing the loop on this saga, I've just called Epaulet to find out if they would be re-stocking on their unfinished bridle leather single prong belt:



and was dismayed to find that they are discontinuing that line. butbut.gif

Matt, the super-friendly associate who answered the phone, suggested that I take a look at Corter Leather, but it appears to be a one-man shop and the guy seems to have enough orders that he's currently not taking any as of July of last year! baldy[1].gif

So I'm back to square 1, looking for anyone's suggestion on a quality belt such as the one above. Anyone with any suggestions, please reply!
post #10 of 16

Ferragamo Reversible belt>

post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

Closing the loop on this saga, I've just called Epaulet to find out if they would be re-stocking on their unfinished bridle leather single prong belt:

and was dismayed to find that they are discontinuing that line. butbut.gif
Matt, the super-friendly associate who answered the phone, suggested that I take a look at Corter Leather, but it appears to be a one-man shop and the guy seems to have enough orders that he's currently not taking any as of July of last year! baldy[1].gif
So I'm back to square 1, looking for anyone's suggestion on a quality belt such as the one above. Anyone with any suggestions, please reply!

They have some in the sale section. I just picked up one with the double prong when ordering my Carmina boots. I would check there first ($59).
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the reply, but I've already done that -- check item # 2 on the original post:
Quote:
2. They don't have my size.

shog[1].gif
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

Thanks for the reply, but I've already done that -- check item # 2 on the original post:
shog[1].gif


You must be a pretty big gu then as I just picked up a 38 even though I am a 34. Remember it is only a problem if the belt is too small.
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba04 View Post

Hmmm, so after closer examination, it looks from the pictures on their site that they stamp their logo on the OUTSIDE of their belts?? Do they expect that you wear the belt long enough to cover the logo with the other end of the belt? Even if that's the case, that's a major turn off...

Any other suggestions for quality belts along these lines but with no stamped logos?

 

Regular leather is so boring.  Go for a matte croc or gator.  I've met guys with elephant and shark that looks really good too. 

post #15 of 16
Thread Starter 
Heh, no, I'm not a complete fatty, I take a size 36 belt, and the single-prong belt from Epaulet that has the nickel buckle that I want is only available in size 30...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quality belts