Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- FS: Flat Dress Shoe Laces 28.5" L x .25" W (approx.) - Lightly Waxed Last post on 12/11/14 at 6:27pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- What's THE most affordable/cheap and decent looking cap-toe oxfords? Last post on 12/7/12 at 1:29pm in Classic Menswear
- Meccariello shoes Last post on 11/7/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- What last does Alden use in its BB Shoes? Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:51pm in Classic Menswear
- shoe color..will this work? Last post on 9/24/12 at 10:10am in Classic Menswear
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Please recommend a "hip" non traditional black or brown dress shoe for under $800
Styleforum Top Picks
Those both look almost like relatively traditional styles except with kinda cheap looking antiquing and with a horribly tacky logo stamped into them. If you want something with a modern shape but that also looks expensive and high quality, why not try some from a real shoe maker like, for example, Gaziano & Girling:
Wow the level of scrutiny you exhibited is a clear indicator that you know exactly what the hell you are talking about, however, the shoes recommended still seem a bit traditional. For example, these aren't the type of shoes i would wear to a nightclub. The guccis are
Or for around $600 a Drummond from Crockett and Jones. Higher construction quality than the Guccis.
For only a smidge more Alfred Sargent makes a 3 eyelet derby called the Pimlico - the Exclusive grade is a step up from Crockett and Jones.
And then there are the Vass Austerity Brogues on the U Last - classic, stylish and the best possible construction all for around $700.
And since you just mentioned nightclubs - I'd go as cheap as Septieme Largeur - around $400 with patinas. Clubbing is very hard on shoes - I'd go cheap and disposable.
Whatever you do - don't buy the Gucci - they simply are not well made for the price.
I've been looking for some brown shoes myself. I am mainly looking for brown wingtips....If you looking for Gucci shoes I personally have a pair of these
They go for about $600.If you want to go even cheaper shoes go with some Allen Edmonds.They are US made shoes but are still nice(I am even debating on getting a pair myself,would rather wait for them to be on sale tho)They go for $335 retail
- Please recommend a "hip" non traditional black or brown dress shoe for under $800
Styleforum Top Picks
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 21 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 43 seconds ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 3 minutes ago
- › feragamo used white loafers (buying Decision) 3 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 7 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...