or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Armani suit quality?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Armani suit quality?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Are children's Armani suits of lesser quality than the adult version?

I bought an Armani Junior suit because I'm very very thin!
I fit an age 14, but I'm in my mid-twenties :-O

I'll post pics of the suit, if you can tell its quality from pics? If so, which pics should I take?

Also, I'll be working at a law firm next academic year and I don't know if the suit is suitable.

The reason is because it has the Armani eagle logo on the lapel (it's like a small button attached to a button hole in the lapel). It looks cool, but I'm unsure what the etiquette in business is with this kind of thing. It's not huge, but you can see it.

I'm unsure if wearing such a suit to a job would be a faux pas?
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinychest View Post

Are children's Armani suits of lesser quality than the adult version?
I bought an Armani Junior suit because I'm very very thin!
I fit an age 14, but I'm in my mid-twenties :-O
I'll post pics of the suit, if you can tell its quality from pics? If so, which pics should I take?
Also, I'll be working at a law firm next academic year and I don't know if the suit is suitable.
The reason is because it has the Armani eagle logo on the lapel (it's like a small button attached to a button hole in the lapel). It looks cool, but I'm unsure what the etiquette in business is with this kind of thing. It's not huge, but you can see it.
I'm unsure if wearing such a suit to a job would be a faux pas?

If you're in Asia, e.g. China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, etc. I think you should most definitely leave it in, and don't remove the Emporio Armani sleeve label. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Elsewhere you should remove it, where brand whoring in a business setting maybe considered a faux pass.
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

If you're in Asia, e.g. China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, etc. I think you should most definitely leave it in, and don't remove the Emporio Armani sleeve label. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Elsewhere you should remove it, where brand whoring in a business setting maybe considered a faux pass.
^^This.
post #4 of 6
In Malaysia, i have yet to see anyone leave their sleeve label on. It's just not done.
If anyone is wearing one with the sleeve label, i assume he/she is a foreigner.

To the original query, if the logo is detachable, perhaps it should be removed for a formal interview.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazlang View Post

In Malaysia, i have yet to see anyone leave their sleeve label on. It's just not done.
If anyone is wearing one with the sleeve label, i assume he/she is a foreigner.
.

Lol…do a quick search on this forum “Hermes man”.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post


If you're in Asia, e.g. China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, etc. I think you should most definitely leave it in, and don't remove the Emporio Armani sleeve label. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Elsewhere you should remove it, where brand whoring in a business setting maybe considered a faux pass.


I see it sometimes, but not at any respectable companies. Generally young folks with shit jobs whose parents are paying do this here.

 

Even in Asia, I wouldn't. But then again, I suspect Mike knows more about business in mainland Asia than I do.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Armani suit quality?