Please vote if you're relatively familiar with both phones. I've owned the iPhone 3GS and currently the iPhone 4. I'm leaning toward the Galaxy S3 for a change.
Should I buy an iPhone 5 or a Samsung Galaxy S3?
Poll Results: Should I buy an iPhone 5 or Samsung Galaxy S3?
42% (14)iPhone 5
57% (19)Samsung Galaxy S3
A little bit premature on your ballot? I don't think anyone is familiar with the iPhone 5, no one has got one yet.
I don't think it's premature to start judging the iPhone 5. Here is what we know:
1. It looks pretty much the same as an iPhone 4 but it is longer. The caseback has a slightly different material/color/texture. Most people, including myself, would cover the back up for the entire life of the phone with a case anyway.
2. The technical specs look about the same as the Galaxy S3.
3. The OS will run faster, but it is essentially the same OS that Apple has been using since Day 1.
I do think the iPhone looks good, and the fact that the back is made out of metal/aluminum (?) and not plastic. It also retains its value very well so when you need to sell it or upgrade, you'll get back a lot of money. I don't know how a Galaxy would fare in that department.
In any case, I'm leaning about 70% toward the Samsung. :)
Doesn't matter. Get the iPhone5. Not only is it improved from the iPhone4S, but iPhones in general confer the following benefits:
- You get to meet awesome people waiting in line for your iPhone
- The geniuses at the Genius Bar talk down to you because they have theirs already.
- Hot girls will talk to you because you have that New Phone Thing that they want to borrow
- You might even get laid more if you carry your phone around
- Your professors will give you A's for the semester
- Ambercrombie and Fitch will hire you as a model, hope you're reasonably buff.
- Battery Life. Talk for-EVAR on a single charge.
If you've never had a smartphone I think the iPhone would be a good choice. I also have a Macbook Pro but that would not affect my decision at all. Your phone's interaction with your computer would be the same (iTunes) if you have a PC or Mac.
I started off with the original iPhone and continued to be a battle ready Apple fanboy, waiting for the next big thing.
The 3.5" screen was not serving me well enough and was desperately wanting a bigger iPhone and nothing else.
Finally, my mom-in-law saw my plight and gifted me an S3. This was in July. Not only was the transition easy, I have grown to like the phone a lot. It is simply amazing.
If iPhone 5 would have had a screen big enough (4.5" atleast), I would have possibly gone for it. But right now, the S3 is the best bet.
What I cannot understand is why Apple is letting itself slip in this crucial battle. The bump up to 4" should have happened long ago and they should have thought beyond it by now.