Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 11:17 am in Classic Menswear
- http://www.fitwel.com/ Last post on 6/10/12 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear
- advice on slim fit dress shirts Last post on 5/25/12 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? - Page 2post #16 of 409/13/12 at 3:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 409/14/12 at 9:34ampost #18 of 409/14/12 at 10:28ampost #19 of 409/14/12 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by StumpjumperE
This. (I'm an HR Manager and do a good bit of interviewing)
Don't 'report in' more than 15 minutes early. You could be inconveniencing them. Plan to arrive at the building location 30-45 minutes early (plan for traffic, wrecks, etc), but don't actually arrive to the receptionist until about 10 minutes prior.
This and this and this. Leave nothing to chance. Do your homework. Be perfectly 'groomed' Everything about you should say - 'pays attention to the smallest detai' and 'takes work seriously'.
Do, of course, put your main focus on the content of the interview. But do so by making sure all of the 'little details' are perfected so that neither you, nor the interviewer, has cause to pay attention to them.
Most of the time if you are called for an interview you have already been pretty well qualified for the job. Don't let the little shit trip up your chances.
Perhaps it was just my father's quirks - but he always insisted that he sized up other business men via a 'shorthand' method of checking their shoes, fingernails, haircut, etc. etc. As a man who can't flatten out the basic details of appearance is unlikely to be able to handle much responsibility. And attention to details matters a great a deal in business. Perhaps this seems simplistic. But when conducting business 'time is money' and one often has little opportunity to spend more than a few seconds to form a first impression.post #20 of 409/14/12 at 10:55amQuote:this is absolutely true..tbh, I try to ignore what the candidates are wearing and focus on the process, but imo, appearance (at least my organization) adds some weight to the hiring process. It is potentially a reflection of a person's work habits. You don't have to wear the most expensive pieces of clothing but at least try to be tidy. I cannot help but noticed a candidate yesterday wearing a Black suit, French blue shirt and square toe shoes, a total fail at all levels of SF group think. But I can tell he was honest, sincere and humble. Chances are good he'll get to the next round..post #21 of 409/14/12 at 2:08pmpost #22 of 409/16/12 at 5:48ampost #23 of 409/16/12 at 6:47ampost #24 of 409/16/12 at 7:25ampost #25 of 409/16/12 at 8:15ampost #26 of 409/22/12 at 2:01pmThread Starter
I was able to find a suit, cheap but good for 2 - 3 uses, which is all I need for $180.
I'm not that good with matching colors, so I got a dark gray (not black-like) and a blue shirt (a strong blue- only one that fits me) and a striped tie (blue,gray,white,black)
Once (if) I get the job, I'll be able to wear the regular clothes (casual).
I'll post pics of the shirt,tie and suit shortly if you want to give your opinion.post #27 of 409/22/12 at 2:04pmpost #28 of 409/22/12 at 2:12pmThread Starterpost #29 of 409/22/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #30 of 409/22/12 at 2:35pmWhite shirt would have been better but this can work if you need it to.
Pull the knot on the tie a little tighter.
Also, just like in the picture, do NOT button the bottom button of your suit jacket.
If this interview doesn't work out, try to get a white shirt. It's a staple in a man's wardrobe!
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear?
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 second ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 24 seconds ago
- › Guata 1983's Shoe Sale (AE, Alden, Rancourt, Florsheim, Sebago) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Color 8 Shell Cordovan LWB 8E 8 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 9 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...