Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- http://www.fitwel.com/ Last post on 6/10/12 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear
- advice on slim fit dress shirts Last post on 5/25/12 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
- What tie would go best with my shirt/suit combo? Last post on 10/20/11 at 3:29am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Capital Custom Clothiers - Annapolis, MD - Any reviews? Last post on 12/27/11 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? - Page 2post #16 of 409/13/12 at 3:27pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 409/14/12 at 9:34ampost #18 of 409/14/12 at 10:28ampost #19 of 409/14/12 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by StumpjumperE
This. (I'm an HR Manager and do a good bit of interviewing)
Don't 'report in' more than 15 minutes early. You could be inconveniencing them. Plan to arrive at the building location 30-45 minutes early (plan for traffic, wrecks, etc), but don't actually arrive to the receptionist until about 10 minutes prior.
This and this and this. Leave nothing to chance. Do your homework. Be perfectly 'groomed' Everything about you should say - 'pays attention to the smallest detai' and 'takes work seriously'.
Do, of course, put your main focus on the content of the interview. But do so by making sure all of the 'little details' are perfected so that neither you, nor the interviewer, has cause to pay attention to them.
Most of the time if you are called for an interview you have already been pretty well qualified for the job. Don't let the little shit trip up your chances.
Perhaps it was just my father's quirks - but he always insisted that he sized up other business men via a 'shorthand' method of checking their shoes, fingernails, haircut, etc. etc. As a man who can't flatten out the basic details of appearance is unlikely to be able to handle much responsibility. And attention to details matters a great a deal in business. Perhaps this seems simplistic. But when conducting business 'time is money' and one often has little opportunity to spend more than a few seconds to form a first impression.post #20 of 409/14/12 at 10:55amQuote:this is absolutely true..tbh, I try to ignore what the candidates are wearing and focus on the process, but imo, appearance (at least my organization) adds some weight to the hiring process. It is potentially a reflection of a person's work habits. You don't have to wear the most expensive pieces of clothing but at least try to be tidy. I cannot help but noticed a candidate yesterday wearing a Black suit, French blue shirt and square toe shoes, a total fail at all levels of SF group think. But I can tell he was honest, sincere and humble. Chances are good he'll get to the next round..post #21 of 409/14/12 at 2:08pmpost #22 of 409/16/12 at 5:48ampost #23 of 409/16/12 at 6:47ampost #24 of 409/16/12 at 7:25ampost #25 of 409/16/12 at 8:15ampost #26 of 409/22/12 at 2:01pmThread Starter
I was able to find a suit, cheap but good for 2 - 3 uses, which is all I need for $180.
I'm not that good with matching colors, so I got a dark gray (not black-like) and a blue shirt (a strong blue- only one that fits me) and a striped tie (blue,gray,white,black)
Once (if) I get the job, I'll be able to wear the regular clothes (casual).
I'll post pics of the shirt,tie and suit shortly if you want to give your opinion.post #27 of 409/22/12 at 2:04pmpost #28 of 409/22/12 at 2:12pmThread Starterpost #29 of 409/22/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #30 of 409/22/12 at 2:35pmWhite shirt would have been better but this can work if you need it to.
Pull the knot on the tie a little tighter.
Also, just like in the picture, do NOT button the bottom button of your suit jacket.
If this interview doesn't work out, try to get a white shirt. It's a staple in a man's wardrobe!
- Dressing up for job interview... what to wear?
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › How much did you pay for your wife's/fiancee's engagement ring? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › 3 Tip for safe online shopping 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang / DC Lewis Handgrade Brogue Sz. 9 US 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...