Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:26 am in Classic Menswear
- http://www.fitwel.com/ Last post on 6/10/12 at 8:01am in Classic Menswear
- advice on slim fit dress shirts Last post on 5/25/12 at 4:28pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Dressing up for job interview... what to wear? - Page 2post #16 of 409/13/12 at 3:27pmpost #17 of 409/14/12 at 9:34ampost #18 of 409/14/12 at 10:28ampost #19 of 409/14/12 at 10:46amQuote:Originally Posted by StumpjumperE
This. (I'm an HR Manager and do a good bit of interviewing)
Don't 'report in' more than 15 minutes early. You could be inconveniencing them. Plan to arrive at the building location 30-45 minutes early (plan for traffic, wrecks, etc), but don't actually arrive to the receptionist until about 10 minutes prior.
This and this and this. Leave nothing to chance. Do your homework. Be perfectly 'groomed' Everything about you should say - 'pays attention to the smallest detai' and 'takes work seriously'.
Do, of course, put your main focus on the content of the interview. But do so by making sure all of the 'little details' are perfected so that neither you, nor the interviewer, has cause to pay attention to them.
Most of the time if you are called for an interview you have already been pretty well qualified for the job. Don't let the little shit trip up your chances.
Perhaps it was just my father's quirks - but he always insisted that he sized up other business men via a 'shorthand' method of checking their shoes, fingernails, haircut, etc. etc. As a man who can't flatten out the basic details of appearance is unlikely to be able to handle much responsibility. And attention to details matters a great a deal in business. Perhaps this seems simplistic. But when conducting business 'time is money' and one often has little opportunity to spend more than a few seconds to form a first impression.post #20 of 409/14/12 at 10:55amQuote:this is absolutely true..tbh, I try to ignore what the candidates are wearing and focus on the process, but imo, appearance (at least my organization) adds some weight to the hiring process. It is potentially a reflection of a person's work habits. You don't have to wear the most expensive pieces of clothing but at least try to be tidy. I cannot help but noticed a candidate yesterday wearing a Black suit, French blue shirt and square toe shoes, a total fail at all levels of SF group think. But I can tell he was honest, sincere and humble. Chances are good he'll get to the next round..post #21 of 409/14/12 at 2:08pmpost #22 of 409/16/12 at 5:48ampost #23 of 409/16/12 at 6:47ampost #24 of 409/16/12 at 7:25ampost #25 of 409/16/12 at 8:15ampost #26 of 409/22/12 at 2:01pmThread Starter
I was able to find a suit, cheap but good for 2 - 3 uses, which is all I need for $180.
I'm not that good with matching colors, so I got a dark gray (not black-like) and a blue shirt (a strong blue- only one that fits me) and a striped tie (blue,gray,white,black)
Once (if) I get the job, I'll be able to wear the regular clothes (casual).
I'll post pics of the shirt,tie and suit shortly if you want to give your opinion.post #27 of 409/22/12 at 2:04pmpost #28 of 409/22/12 at 2:12pmThread Starterpost #29 of 409/22/12 at 2:14pmThread Starterpost #30 of 409/22/12 at 2:35pmWhite shirt would have been better but this can work if you need it to.
Pull the knot on the tie a little tighter.
Also, just like in the picture, do NOT button the bottom button of your suit jacket.
If this interview doesn't work out, try to get a white shirt. It's a staple in a man's wardrobe!
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Brown Leather Cole Haan Oxford Shoes 8.5 US 8 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Are dress shoes designed to be worn with insoles? 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...