So I've posted a thread about this before but to no luck. I've been searching for a pair of nice and stylish boots that don't necessarily have to be for intense winter conditions.
The original pair that I wanted were these:
But unfortunately they ran out of my size and I can't find them anywhere in 9.5/10.
As for alternatives, so far I have only found a couple that fit my preferences but they all have at least problem to dissuade me from buying them.
- They are from a different line of JV (JV USA) and so I am concerned with the overall quality of the boot.
- Is not nearly as good looking as the original pair that I wanted.
- Pictures of these boots vary wildly from site to site.
- http://www.ssense.com/men/product/john_varvatos_usa/brown_leather_gibbons_boots/58904?- - utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=products&utm_term=58904&origin=pla&gclid=COWG_7KZr7ICFaUWMgodqD0Akg
So unless I can get an accurate picture / description of quality, I am reluctant to try them. I also don't go to school near any JV stores to go in and look at them in person.
- They are very good looking and I really like their style... but out of my price range.
- My price range is about $350 max. MAYBE $400 depending on how nice the boots are.
- I am also not familiar with the quality of McQ products.
- I like the styling but again I am unfamiliar with the quality of these brand of boots.
- Pictures vary a bit from site to site as well.
So needless to say, I am somewhat picky when it comes to my clothing but I'd like to believe I'm not alone... especially on SF .
When it comes to the styling of the boot, I'll either go with the distressed suede look of the JV boots or the solid leather of the McQ/Hudson.
I've been suggested multiple times towards boots like Redwing Iron Rangers and Wolverine 1000 miles. While these boots are nice they aren't what I'm particularly looking for at this moment. They are slightly boxier / "thicker" than my preference. They also seem to be for extreme weather conditions.
I ultimately don't want to just settle with a pair of boots and end up finding another one that I like even better, especially when more styles start to come out as the year comes to an end.
Can I get some help guys? Thanks ahead of time.
-out of price range but they are HELLA sexy
Edited by tgod93 - 9/12/12 at 3:15am