or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread - Page 27

post #391 of 567
Looks like they have a winter sale...


https://www.drakes.com/sale?limit=all
post #392 of 567
Did anybody else get the survey email by Drake's? If you fill it out you get a 10% off coupon and entry into a draw.
post #393 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by othertravel View Post

Did anybody else get the survey email by Drake's? If you fill it out you get a 10% off coupon and entry into a draw.

Yeah, I got it too. The survey questions were sort of interesting. Judging from the questions, it seems like they will be emphasizing all their other clothing options and are moving away from being primarily an accessory (ties/squares/scarves) brand. I don't remember the questions exactly, but the "lifestyle brand" type of questions were interesting as well.
post #394 of 567

^ I got it and made the same inference. In my responses I said repeatedly that I have no interest in buying stuff with the Drake's brand on it but made by others, and that they should focus on ties/squares/scarves.

post #395 of 567
Yes. I found the whole survey intriguing. I imagine they want to alter their sales mix, margins, customers, or product lines

I want to be supportive, but I expressed an interest in their traditional offerings- scarves, ties, squares. I was happy when I noticed the emphasis on 50 ounce silk this season. The prices on their goods overall seems a shade high, which may be justifiable on certain items. I don't think I'll buy shirts, knitwear, Alden shoes, etc. from them however.
post #396 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie1 View Post

Yes. I found the whole survey intriguing. I imagine they want to alter their sales mix, margins, customers, or product lines

I want to be supportive, but I expressed an interest in their traditional offerings- scarves, ties, squares. I was happy when I noticed the emphasis on 50 ounce silk this season. The prices on their goods overall seems a shade high, which may be justifiable on certain items. I don't think I'll buy shirts, knitwear, Alden shoes, etc. from them however.

The mention of competitors was interesting. They even included Biggi (note: not Bigi the tie maker).
post #397 of 567
They must really want me to fill out the survey - I've received a request to complete it about five times now...
post #398 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonC View Post

They must really want me to fill out the survey - I've received a request to complete it about five times now...

10% off seems like a meager incentive.
post #399 of 567

The very first question was about frequency of acquiring Drake's goods on sale. I found that particularly interesting. Would be curious about the mix of people buying at full retail vs sale.  

post #400 of 567
Kind of the story of retail. There is the quoted MSRP vs the true price at which many customers actually buy.
post #401 of 567

Typical armoury stuff.

post #402 of 567
I'm a big fan of the brand but prices are becoming high* 
Items not made by Drake's appear to have also risen. On knitwear for example, which I believe is made by William Lockie, I am sure that Drake's used to sell for the same price as what you could buy direct from Lockie via Heather Wallace  - e.g. £595 for the 4-ply cashmere shawl, which has now risen to £695. 
 
* statement pretty much sums up my response on the survey.  
post #403 of 567
Do they carry yellow grenadine tie 8cm? I can't seem to find it any more.
post #404 of 567


Some new pick up.
post #405 of 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtownMD View Post



Some new pick up.

 

Nice choice. Are they all grenadine?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread