Can somebody explain the quality difference between Drake's self lined and regular ties? What makes a self-lined tie better than a standard lined tie? Does it drape better? Heftier silk? Purely aesthetic?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 12:23 pm in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
Last edited: 2/4/16
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread - Page 11
Styleforum Top Pickspost #152 of 3915/23/14 at 9:06ampost #153 of 3916/2/14 at 8:43amQuote:
Bump. Hoping somebody can clarify.post #154 of 3916/2/14 at 3:51pmI think you mean self tipped no? Never seen a self lined tie before I must admit. Self tipped ties do provide a bit more weight because your using the same silk for the tipping rather than what is usually a satin for the tipping (very lightweight) so I guess they could drape a bit better but in the grand scheme of things the difference would be negligible as the tipping only goes up around 5 inches on a 3 fold tie. Generally, the lining used would be the same for self tipped and satin tipped.post #155 of 3916/2/14 at 3:53pmpost #156 of 3916/2/14 at 4:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
I think you mean self tipped no? Never seen a self lined tie before I must admit. Self tipped ties do provide a bit more weight because your using the same silk for the tipping rather than what is usually a satin for the tipping (very lightweight) so I guess they could drape a bit better but in the grand scheme of things the difference would be negligible as the tipping only goes up around 5 inches on a 3 fold tie. Generally, the lining used would be the same for self tipped and satin tipped.
Thanks Henry. Very much appreciated.post #157 of 3916/2/14 at 7:04pmpost #158 of 3916/28/14 at 5:09ampost #159 of 3917/9/14 at 5:33pmThread Starterpost #160 of 3917/9/14 at 6:21pmpost #161 of 3917/11/14 at 8:22pm
So I just got my first two Drake's ties. Definitely the best foulards I've ever had. What color suit(s) would you say the blue one would go well with? I know it's blue (goes with everything) but this blue/red/gold combo has me questioning it's versatility.
Edited by TJK8118 - 7/11/14 at 10:31pmpost #162 of 3917/15/14 at 2:34ampost #163 of 3917/15/14 at 7:55ampost #164 of 3917/15/14 at 10:23ampost #165 of 3917/15/14 at 10:43am
- The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 9 seconds ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › I need feminism because tumblr 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1