Can somebody explain the quality difference between Drake's self lined and regular ties? What makes a self-lined tie better than a standard lined tie? Does it drape better? Heftier silk? Purely aesthetic?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 3:37 pm in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread - Page 11
Styleforum Top Picks
Bump. Hoping somebody can clarify.
I think you mean self tipped no? Never seen a self lined tie before I must admit. Self tipped ties do provide a bit more weight because your using the same silk for the tipping rather than what is usually a satin for the tipping (very lightweight) so I guess they could drape a bit better but in the grand scheme of things the difference would be negligible as the tipping only goes up around 5 inches on a 3 fold tie. Generally, the lining used would be the same for self tipped and satin tipped.
Thanks Henry. Very much appreciated.
So I just got my first two Drake's ties. Definitely the best foulards I've ever had. What color suit(s) would you say the blue one would go well with? I know it's blue (goes with everything) but this blue/red/gold combo has me questioning it's versatility.
Edited by TJK8118 - 7/11/14 at 10:31pm
- The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread
- › ~LOVE$~ 7073347120 vashikaran mantra for love In Allahabad 6 seconds ago
- › Love Vashikaran (Specialist) Mantra In Indore +91-9680462195 10 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Zirakpur Punjab 12 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Maharashtra 19 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Udaipur Rajasthan 24 seconds ago
- › ~LOVE$~ 7073347120 vashikaran mantra in hindi In Allahabad 25 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Tonk Rajasthan 31 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Sujangarh Rajasthan 1 minute ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Barmer 1 minute ago
- › God+91-9001354274 famous indian astrologer In Shimla Himachal... 1 minute ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan