Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 2:01 pm in Classic Menswear
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread - Page 9post #122 of 4511/23/14 at 12:00pmpost #123 of 4511/23/14 at 12:28pmpost #124 of 4511/23/14 at 12:40pmpost #125 of 4511/23/14 at 7:11pm
Got there around 4:30 and I was the only customer. By 5:00 I had 6 ties in hand and it was getting packed again. Was glad to be there when quiet as I had a nice conversation with the gentleman from Drake's. As of around 5:15 PM there were still a lot of ties to choose from so I feel like you won't be wasting your time if you plan on stopping by tomorrow.post #126 of 4511/23/14 at 7:26pmpost #127 of 4511/24/14 at 10:27amHere's my kop from the Drakes sale! Spent 1.5 hours there this morning slowly perusing the collection and enjoyed my time. All the staff were very helpful and they noted everything is currently out in the open (there's a huge amount of stuff so not slim pickings). I just focused on ties and pocket squares although not too many squares left (but there were a lot of the brown ones as seen in my pic). Great time!
Here's a pic of the tie tables:post #128 of 4511/24/14 at 12:35pmpost #129 of 4511/24/14 at 12:50pmThere is a great selection of ties but if you're not there when the place opens, its too annoying to sift through once its all been rummaged through. I was able to get down there briefly but I looked at the ties for about 2 minutes and gave up. That being said, the selection is such that I found 3 great prints in about 30 seconds.
If you take advantage of the 3 ties for $150, I think that's the best deal in town at the moment.
But I think the better deal was on knitwear - I picked up the light grey shetland crew-neck sweater (GBP 155 on the Drake site for $95) and a light brown cashmere button down vest that I don't even see offered online in that color - The Drake's fellow had the same one on though (GBP 295 for $95). I went for a medium on the vest since I plan to wear it under a SC, and I went up a size on the shetland because Sweetu was wearing the same sweater in a medium and it looked pretty snug on him and he's more like a 38 (I'm a 42).
Also picked up a red gingham dress shirt (I went up a size from 16 to 16.5 based on last year's shirt purchase and its a great fit at 1/2 neck size up).
Not as good as last year, and not sure I would fly in or anything like that, but pretty good sale all in all.
I'll try to post pics this weekend.post #130 of 4511/24/14 at 3:24pmpost #131 of 4511/24/14 at 4:06pmpost #132 of 4511/24/14 at 6:15pmThread Starterpost #133 of 4511/24/14 at 9:18pm[Cross-posting with Manhattan Sales Alert and Recent Purchases]
Some pictures of purchases from the Drake's sale at CHCM:
For more pics and ramblings regarding the sale:
http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2014/01/more-from-drakes-pop-up-factory-sale-at.htmlpost #134 of 4511/31/14 at 8:17ampost #135 of 4511/31/14 at 8:29am
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 12 minutes ago
- › Navy Sport Coat Advice 15 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 16 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 18 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding