Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:34 am in Classic Menswear
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 10:50 pm in Classic Menswear
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread - Page 9
Styleforum Top Pickspost #122 of 3911/23/14 at 12:00pmpost #123 of 3911/23/14 at 12:28pmpost #124 of 3911/23/14 at 12:40pmpost #125 of 3911/23/14 at 7:11pm
Got there around 4:30 and I was the only customer. By 5:00 I had 6 ties in hand and it was getting packed again. Was glad to be there when quiet as I had a nice conversation with the gentleman from Drake's. As of around 5:15 PM there were still a lot of ties to choose from so I feel like you won't be wasting your time if you plan on stopping by tomorrow.post #126 of 3911/23/14 at 7:26pmpost #127 of 3911/24/14 at 10:27amHere's my kop from the Drakes sale! Spent 1.5 hours there this morning slowly perusing the collection and enjoyed my time. All the staff were very helpful and they noted everything is currently out in the open (there's a huge amount of stuff so not slim pickings). I just focused on ties and pocket squares although not too many squares left (but there were a lot of the brown ones as seen in my pic). Great time!
Here's a pic of the tie tables:post #128 of 3911/24/14 at 12:35pmpost #129 of 3911/24/14 at 12:50pmThere is a great selection of ties but if you're not there when the place opens, its too annoying to sift through once its all been rummaged through. I was able to get down there briefly but I looked at the ties for about 2 minutes and gave up. That being said, the selection is such that I found 3 great prints in about 30 seconds.
If you take advantage of the 3 ties for $150, I think that's the best deal in town at the moment.
But I think the better deal was on knitwear - I picked up the light grey shetland crew-neck sweater (GBP 155 on the Drake site for $95) and a light brown cashmere button down vest that I don't even see offered online in that color - The Drake's fellow had the same one on though (GBP 295 for $95). I went for a medium on the vest since I plan to wear it under a SC, and I went up a size on the shetland because Sweetu was wearing the same sweater in a medium and it looked pretty snug on him and he's more like a 38 (I'm a 42).
Also picked up a red gingham dress shirt (I went up a size from 16 to 16.5 based on last year's shirt purchase and its a great fit at 1/2 neck size up).
Not as good as last year, and not sure I would fly in or anything like that, but pretty good sale all in all.
I'll try to post pics this weekend.post #130 of 3911/24/14 at 3:24pmpost #131 of 3911/24/14 at 4:06pmpost #132 of 3911/24/14 at 6:15pmThread Starterpost #133 of 3911/24/14 at 9:18pm[Cross-posting with Manhattan Sales Alert and Recent Purchases]
Some pictures of purchases from the Drake's sale at CHCM:
For more pics and ramblings regarding the sale:
http://uptowndandy.blogspot.com/2014/01/more-from-drakes-pop-up-factory-sale-at.htmlpost #134 of 3911/31/14 at 8:17am
- The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 7 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 12 minutes ago
- › S.N.S. Herning Stark in Blue Gene 13 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 14 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...