Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** Last post on Yesterday at 1:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Official Common Projects Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 4/2/16 at 9:23pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
Tips of keeping a pair of premium sneakers nice
Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Common Projects F/W 12-13 - Page 4post #47 of 53010/2/12 at 6:08pmpost #48 of 53010/2/12 at 10:12pmpost #49 of 53010/23/12 at 7:27ampost #50 of 53010/23/12 at 12:36pmpost #51 of 53010/24/12 at 11:37ampost #52 of 53010/24/12 at 11:56ampost #53 of 53010/24/12 at 2:55pmpost #54 of 53010/24/12 at 11:46pmFunny this was mentioned as I also just received a pair of the Vintage Low Navy in 41. In short, they tore my heels up with blisters this morning. I also own the Tournament Low Suede and Low Cap Toe in 41 and neither have issues with size. Though they do not have any padding and are made of a softer less structured material.
The back of the heel has a very hard rounded edge. I am hoping that they stretch out a little in the top of the heel. Overall the shoes feel a little more fitted than the distressed leather and suede pairs I mentioned above. This shoe has a lot more padding though but I cant understand why this back of the heel is so firm and not a nice rounded smooth surface.
I've taken the laces out of the highest hole as I did with my olive tournament low's which made them more comfortable. The issue is the 'vamp' (I think that's it) of my foot. I've got seriously high arches and the top of my foot sits very high. Common Projects are notoriously narrow, and sizing down one also in the length can make for a tight fit width wise. I am a G width in Grenson's as an example.
The issue is not only the lack of softness of the leather in the heel, it's the fact that the stitching/join is right in the middle and is hard (due to all the material/stitching). Either side of it, the leather is nice and soft. I think they could have solved this heel issue by having a smooth single piece in the back of the heel with it stitched in just either side of it.
In addition to the heel issues, I can see/feel the width of my foot pushing against the surface/side of the shoe in these 41's. Whereas the other 41's I have sit nicely (fitted) but my foot isn't pushing on the sidewall. Could very well be the reason the other ones split open on the widest parts of my feet (a few pages back I posted pics of this with another pair).
41 is 100% the right size length wise for me. However with the shoe being firm (nappa) and super narrow, there is no real stretch. So the toe box feels cramped. In reality, its not the toe box overall, but the pinching on the 'knuckles' or widest parts of my feet. If I went up to a 42, they might be fractionally wider, but probably too long. I imagine the end of the shoe would bend/crease a lot at the base of the toe (where the laces end). Standing up my big toe is easily 1cm short of the tip of the shoe as you can see below.
Finger is showing exact length of big toe. Right pic is where my foot is pushing into (out) of the wall. It's actually pushing out worse on the inside of my foot (but I didn't take a picture).
The next pair I buy / try on will be a 42. I can deal with these ones though and I think they will probably stretch out a little which will be much more comfortable in time. With my Lanvin's, I bought them in an 8UK and they are probably a little too big for me. However I can tighten them up enough so it's not noticed and they feel comfortable.
Do CP's change much in the width as they go up in size (ie; 41 to 42)? Or is it really just the length?post #55 of 53010/28/12 at 5:27ampost #56 of 53010/28/12 at 12:59pmpost #57 of 53010/28/12 at 2:12pmpost #58 of 53010/28/12 at 6:44pmpost #59 of 53010/28/12 at 6:59pmpost #60 of 53010/28/12 at 7:00pm
- The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Currently, there are 1547 Active Users (343 Members and 1204 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding