Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Lanvin Nylon Captoes - Size 9D Last post on 5/14/12 at 2:48am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** Last post on Today at 10:41 am in Streetwear and Denim
- The Official Common Projects F/W '13-'14 Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:13pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Contentedness thread Last post on 6/14/15 at 10:10am in Streetwear and Denim
- Side-Zip High-top Sneakers - Alejandro Ingelmo Last post on 2/25/12 at 4:54pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
Last edited: 3/9/15
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan SmithLast edited: 3/10/15
- Sneakers for Boot PeopleLast edited: 2/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Common Projects F/W 12-13 - Page 4
Styleforum Top Pickspost #47 of 52910/2/12 at 6:08pmpost #48 of 52910/2/12 at 10:12pmpost #49 of 52910/23/12 at 7:27ampost #50 of 52910/23/12 at 12:36pmpost #51 of 52910/24/12 at 11:37ampost #52 of 52910/24/12 at 11:56ampost #53 of 52910/24/12 at 2:55pmpost #54 of 52910/24/12 at 11:46pmFunny this was mentioned as I also just received a pair of the Vintage Low Navy in 41. In short, they tore my heels up with blisters this morning. I also own the Tournament Low Suede and Low Cap Toe in 41 and neither have issues with size. Though they do not have any padding and are made of a softer less structured material.
The back of the heel has a very hard rounded edge. I am hoping that they stretch out a little in the top of the heel. Overall the shoes feel a little more fitted than the distressed leather and suede pairs I mentioned above. This shoe has a lot more padding though but I cant understand why this back of the heel is so firm and not a nice rounded smooth surface.
I've taken the laces out of the highest hole as I did with my olive tournament low's which made them more comfortable. The issue is the 'vamp' (I think that's it) of my foot. I've got seriously high arches and the top of my foot sits very high. Common Projects are notoriously narrow, and sizing down one also in the length can make for a tight fit width wise. I am a G width in Grenson's as an example.
The issue is not only the lack of softness of the leather in the heel, it's the fact that the stitching/join is right in the middle and is hard (due to all the material/stitching). Either side of it, the leather is nice and soft. I think they could have solved this heel issue by having a smooth single piece in the back of the heel with it stitched in just either side of it.
In addition to the heel issues, I can see/feel the width of my foot pushing against the surface/side of the shoe in these 41's. Whereas the other 41's I have sit nicely (fitted) but my foot isn't pushing on the sidewall. Could very well be the reason the other ones split open on the widest parts of my feet (a few pages back I posted pics of this with another pair).
41 is 100% the right size length wise for me. However with the shoe being firm (nappa) and super narrow, there is no real stretch. So the toe box feels cramped. In reality, its not the toe box overall, but the pinching on the 'knuckles' or widest parts of my feet. If I went up to a 42, they might be fractionally wider, but probably too long. I imagine the end of the shoe would bend/crease a lot at the base of the toe (where the laces end). Standing up my big toe is easily 1cm short of the tip of the shoe as you can see below.
Finger is showing exact length of big toe. Right pic is where my foot is pushing into (out) of the wall. It's actually pushing out worse on the inside of my foot (but I didn't take a picture).
The next pair I buy / try on will be a 42. I can deal with these ones though and I think they will probably stretch out a little which will be much more comfortable in time. With my Lanvin's, I bought them in an 8UK and they are probably a little too big for me. However I can tighten them up enough so it's not noticed and they feel comfortable.
Do CP's change much in the width as they go up in size (ie; 41 to 42)? Or is it really just the length?post #55 of 52910/28/12 at 5:27ampost #56 of 52910/28/12 at 12:59pmpost #57 of 52910/28/12 at 2:12pmpost #58 of 52910/28/12 at 6:44pmpost #59 of 52910/28/12 at 6:59pm
- Common Projects F/W 12-13
Styleforum Top Picks
- One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the Stan Smith
Currently, there are 1616 Active Users (412 Members and 1204 Guests)
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 30 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 41 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 54 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Samuelsohn for Paul Stuart HEAVY flannel Chalkstripe Suit 36/38L 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...