Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- TOM FORD Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- the-basics-of-wedding-attireLast edited: 9/16/11
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wedding Accessories - Page 3post #31 of 449/12/12 at 9:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 449/12/12 at 9:32ampost #33 of 449/12/12 at 9:48ampost #34 of 449/12/12 at 10:15ampost #35 of 449/12/12 at 10:22ampost #36 of 449/13/12 at 11:27pmI wish I had had a b&w glen plaid tie for the few weddings I attended this summer--looking to buy one now, I see that the recommended ones are silk. However, I had always imagined it (and think I would prefer it) in wool.
Although wool is usually described as more casual, since glen plaid originated in wool, would a wool glen-plaid tie be a traditional/appropriate choice? Silk + glen plaid seems like an anachronism, or ana-textilism.post #37 of 449/14/12 at 6:57ampost #38 of 449/14/12 at 7:17pmThread Starterpost #39 of 449/15/12 at 5:38ampost #40 of 449/15/12 at 5:51ampost #41 of 449/16/12 at 8:51pmThread Starter
I put up the good fight...
I tried to "convince" her with the wedding ties suggested here; a solid silver and a small houndstooth, and finally to oblige her, I tried the white one. Reception was quite good to the first two ties, better than expected, but her face completely lit up when I turned around wearing the white one. At that point, I knew the gravity of giving in to her surely innocuous request. Any reasoning about traditional dress was ignored and at points created frustration. So I am opting for the happy wife equals a happy life.
Here are two pictures: The first a white tie, the second the silver, which was an exact match to the previously suggested Drake's Solid Silver Reppe.
How's that saying go again about permission and forgiveness...post #42 of 449/17/12 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #43 of 449/18/12 at 6:18amThread Starter
- Wedding Accessories
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 30 seconds ago
- › Best Dressed Men 6 minutes ago
- › ADIDAS Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 14 minutes ago
- › Left Field NYC Clothing Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › In Praise (but also Suspicion) of Patterned Pants 41 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 51 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 57 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...