Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- TOM FORD Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Help! I need a suit for a wedding!Last edited: 7/12/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and why you should try to...Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wedding Accessories - Page 3post #31 of 449/12/12 at 9:27am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #32 of 449/12/12 at 9:32ampost #33 of 449/12/12 at 9:48ampost #34 of 449/12/12 at 10:15ampost #35 of 449/12/12 at 10:22ampost #36 of 449/13/12 at 11:27pmI wish I had had a b&w glen plaid tie for the few weddings I attended this summer--looking to buy one now, I see that the recommended ones are silk. However, I had always imagined it (and think I would prefer it) in wool.
Although wool is usually described as more casual, since glen plaid originated in wool, would a wool glen-plaid tie be a traditional/appropriate choice? Silk + glen plaid seems like an anachronism, or ana-textilism.post #37 of 449/14/12 at 6:57ampost #38 of 449/14/12 at 7:17pmThread Starterpost #39 of 449/15/12 at 5:38ampost #40 of 449/15/12 at 5:51ampost #41 of 449/16/12 at 8:51pmThread Starter
I put up the good fight...
I tried to "convince" her with the wedding ties suggested here; a solid silver and a small houndstooth, and finally to oblige her, I tried the white one. Reception was quite good to the first two ties, better than expected, but her face completely lit up when I turned around wearing the white one. At that point, I knew the gravity of giving in to her surely innocuous request. Any reasoning about traditional dress was ignored and at points created frustration. So I am opting for the happy wife equals a happy life.
Here are two pictures: The first a white tie, the second the silver, which was an exact match to the previously suggested Drake's Solid Silver Reppe.
How's that saying go again about permission and forgiveness...post #42 of 449/17/12 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #43 of 449/18/12 at 6:18amThread Starter
- Wedding Accessories
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...