Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Drops & Adds! Tie Thread - T&A, H&K, Rubinacci, Zegna, Cappelli, PZ Sartoriale, etc. Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 2 Ties Left! Drakes, Kiton! Last post on 6/13/13 at 9:31pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- the-basics-of-wedding-attireLast edited: 9/16/11
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wedding Accessories - Page 3post #31 of 449/12/12 at 9:27ampost #32 of 449/12/12 at 9:32ampost #33 of 449/12/12 at 9:48ampost #34 of 449/12/12 at 10:15ampost #35 of 449/12/12 at 10:22ampost #36 of 449/13/12 at 11:27pmI wish I had had a b&w glen plaid tie for the few weddings I attended this summer--looking to buy one now, I see that the recommended ones are silk. However, I had always imagined it (and think I would prefer it) in wool.
Although wool is usually described as more casual, since glen plaid originated in wool, would a wool glen-plaid tie be a traditional/appropriate choice? Silk + glen plaid seems like an anachronism, or ana-textilism.post #37 of 449/14/12 at 6:57ampost #38 of 449/14/12 at 7:17pmThread Starterpost #39 of 449/15/12 at 5:38ampost #40 of 449/15/12 at 5:51ampost #41 of 449/16/12 at 8:51pmThread Starter
I put up the good fight...
I tried to "convince" her with the wedding ties suggested here; a solid silver and a small houndstooth, and finally to oblige her, I tried the white one. Reception was quite good to the first two ties, better than expected, but her face completely lit up when I turned around wearing the white one. At that point, I knew the gravity of giving in to her surely innocuous request. Any reasoning about traditional dress was ignored and at points created frustration. So I am opting for the happy wife equals a happy life.
Here are two pictures: The first a white tie, the second the silver, which was an exact match to the previously suggested Drake's Solid Silver Reppe.
How's that saying go again about permission and forgiveness...post #42 of 449/17/12 at 10:05amThread Starterpost #43 of 449/18/12 at 6:18amThread Starter
- Wedding Accessories
Styles mentioned in this thread:
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Daytona Security Evo boots new euro 42 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 14 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)