Related Forum Threads
- Antonio Liverano, Florentine tailor Last post on 11/3/14 at 1:04pm in Classic Menswear
- My First Order With Cordone 1956 Su Misura Last post on 11/22/12 at 10:25pm in Classic Menswear
- Bow tie advice Last post on 3/24/13 at 4:38pm in Classic Menswear
- 12.20 Price Drop! Tom Ford Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 12/20/14 at 6:26am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Vanda Fine Clothing
Styleforum Top Picks
I have ties from the likes of Drakes, Hober and Cappelli; I'd put Vanda up there with them any day.
+2. Vanda's ties and pocket squares are great and Gerald and Diana are incredibly nice and run a great business.
It's worth noting, though, that their ties are not like the usual department store ties - they are beautifully made, with quite a thin lining and an "untipped" end. I like that, and so do a lot of others here on SF, but it might not be to everyone's taste.
Just pulled the trigger last week on 2 of their fall collection squares...arrived from Singapore in 3 days...absolutely fantastic. At this rate the majority of my squares are going to be Vanda very soon.
And of all the squares I wear, I am most consistently complimented on the Vanda ones.
Ordered last night the Green-White Pindots and the Burnt Chocolate Wool Crepe. As much as I love the Solid Chocolate Shantung, I had to give a little nod to functionality. Two brown ties at this early stage in my tie collection would be a little too much.
I really like Diana & Gerald's philosophy - which is incorporated into the website and their products - but most importantly, I absolutely love (from what I've seen so far) the construction, materials, finish and elegance. Beautiful, exquisite products. I was also pleasantly surprised at the price (given the exchange rate for sterling).
Now I need to scour SF for inspiration on what shirt colours work best with burnt chocolate.
I'll be able to tell you in a few days when mine arrives
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 6 minutes ago
- › Diemme Footwear 9 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 10 minutes ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 15 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 18 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...