Thank you very much!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Classic Menswear
- TABARRIFICIO VENETO AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 2/22/14 at 8:23am in Streetwear and Denim
- WESTAGE & CO. AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 2/9/14 at 9:43pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 9:24 pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Winter Coatspost #1 of 209/10/12 at 2:33pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 209/10/12 at 3:10pmpost #3 of 209/10/12 at 4:03pmThread Starterpost #4 of 209/10/12 at 4:53pmpost #5 of 209/10/12 at 5:16pmCanada Goose for -10 is certainly overkill unless you have moved to Toronto where it seems everyone downtown wears Canada Goose from labour day until April. In fact I think there is a city ordinance that you will be issued with one and the cost is added on to your property tax or apartment rent.
Canada Goose does have some lighter models. But firstly, What will you be wearing this cold weather jacket with? Knowing that will help people provide you with suggestions.post #6 of 209/10/12 at 6:29pmpost #7 of 209/10/12 at 6:39pmRemember, comfort trumps style when you're shopping for cold weather gear.
-10 is not terribly cold, you'll get used to it soon enough.
Maybe a Land's End "on sale" parka?
http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-waxed-cotton-down-parka~232904_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BRT&CM_MERCH=ov-search-_-parka&origin=searchpost #8 of 209/10/12 at 7:39pmpost #9 of 209/10/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
That's not very cold.post #10 of 209/11/12 at 1:29amQuote:
That's 14 F pal and it's very cold. And even cold Montreal has daytime highs in Winter of 20+. The middle and rest of Canada doesn't matter because no one lives there except dumb newfies and proles.post #11 of 209/11/12 at 1:38amQuote:
This is your best bet. Detachable hood you can leave off on warmer days. When it's really cold add wool pullover and hood and you'll be warmpost #12 of 209/11/12 at 3:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Joker Man
This is your best bet. Detachable hood you can leave off on warmer days. When it's really cold add wool pullover and hood and you'll be warm
OP was actually looking to spend $500 so this is out of that price range.Quote:
My, my, what's with all the negativity, dear boy? His comment was perfectly valid: It's actually not that cold. I think the assumption was that we're talking about an everyday jacket. The thing about living in a cold climate is that you never really spend too much time outside - it's all about going from house to car, building to building etc.
Some of that North Face stuff is perfect if you're spending hours at a time outdoors, but really is overkill for day-to-day wear at that temperature.post #13 of 209/11/12 at 4:17amQuote:
Outside of the obvious comment that -10C isn't that over the top nobody asked what context you'll be wearing this coat?
Overcoat with layers underneath would work.
You could go more working class and get the peacoat.
But then many other things can work.
Then remember hat,gloves. Keep skin covered. Don't get wet. You know all the things kids learnpost #14 of 209/11/12 at 8:44ampost #15 of 209/11/12 at 9:15amQuote:
HEY! Out west -10C is a pretty nice winter day.
Anyway, I stand by a peacoat or a similar weight jacket with a sweater, scarf and touque/hat. Just layer in that cold. You will be sweating in a parka.
- Winter Coats
- What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 17 seconds ago
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 33 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 53 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 4 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Cognac Calfskin Wingtip Blucher 8.5 D Plaza BNIB 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories