Thank you very much!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- TABARRIFICIO VENETO AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 2/22/14 at 8:23am in Streetwear and Denim
- WESTAGE & CO. AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 2/9/14 at 9:43pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:28 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Yesterday at 7:37 pm in Classic Menswear
What it Means to be Made in Italy
Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Pleasures and Perils of the Long CoatLast edited: 1/12/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Winter Coatspost #1 of 209/10/12 at 2:33pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 209/10/12 at 3:10pmpost #3 of 209/10/12 at 4:03pmThread Starterpost #4 of 209/10/12 at 4:53pmpost #5 of 209/10/12 at 5:16pmCanada Goose for -10 is certainly overkill unless you have moved to Toronto where it seems everyone downtown wears Canada Goose from labour day until April. In fact I think there is a city ordinance that you will be issued with one and the cost is added on to your property tax or apartment rent.
Canada Goose does have some lighter models. But firstly, What will you be wearing this cold weather jacket with? Knowing that will help people provide you with suggestions.post #6 of 209/10/12 at 6:29pmpost #7 of 209/10/12 at 6:39pmRemember, comfort trumps style when you're shopping for cold weather gear.
-10 is not terribly cold, you'll get used to it soon enough.
Maybe a Land's End "on sale" parka?
http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-waxed-cotton-down-parka~232904_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BRT&CM_MERCH=ov-search-_-parka&origin=searchpost #8 of 209/10/12 at 7:39pmpost #9 of 209/10/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
That's not very cold.post #10 of 209/11/12 at 1:29amQuote:
That's 14 F pal and it's very cold. And even cold Montreal has daytime highs in Winter of 20+. The middle and rest of Canada doesn't matter because no one lives there except dumb newfies and proles.post #11 of 209/11/12 at 1:38amQuote:
This is your best bet. Detachable hood you can leave off on warmer days. When it's really cold add wool pullover and hood and you'll be warmpost #12 of 209/11/12 at 3:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Joker Man
This is your best bet. Detachable hood you can leave off on warmer days. When it's really cold add wool pullover and hood and you'll be warm
OP was actually looking to spend $500 so this is out of that price range.Quote:
My, my, what's with all the negativity, dear boy? His comment was perfectly valid: It's actually not that cold. I think the assumption was that we're talking about an everyday jacket. The thing about living in a cold climate is that you never really spend too much time outside - it's all about going from house to car, building to building etc.
Some of that North Face stuff is perfect if you're spending hours at a time outdoors, but really is overkill for day-to-day wear at that temperature.post #13 of 209/11/12 at 4:17amQuote:
Outside of the obvious comment that -10C isn't that over the top nobody asked what context you'll be wearing this coat?
Overcoat with layers underneath would work.
You could go more working class and get the peacoat.
But then many other things can work.
Then remember hat,gloves. Keep skin covered. Don't get wet. You know all the things kids learnpost #14 of 209/11/12 at 8:44ampost #15 of 209/11/12 at 9:15amQuote:
HEY! Out west -10C is a pretty nice winter day.
Anyway, I stand by a peacoat or a similar weight jacket with a sweater, scarf and touque/hat. Just layer in that cold. You will be sweating in a parka.
- Winter Coats
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Current State of Americana
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 34 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 5 minutes ago
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...