Thank you very much!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- TABARRIFICIO VENETO AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 2/22/14 at 8:23am in Streetwear and Denim
- WESTAGE & CO. AT PITTI UOMO 85 Last post on 2/9/14 at 9:43pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 11:35 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- What it Means to be Made in ItalyLast edited: 2/9/15
- The Current State of AmericanaLast edited: 2/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: February 2015Last edited: 2/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Winter Coatspost #1 of 209/10/12 at 2:33pmThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 209/10/12 at 3:10pmpost #3 of 209/10/12 at 4:03pmThread Starterpost #4 of 209/10/12 at 4:53pmpost #5 of 209/10/12 at 5:16pmCanada Goose for -10 is certainly overkill unless you have moved to Toronto where it seems everyone downtown wears Canada Goose from labour day until April. In fact I think there is a city ordinance that you will be issued with one and the cost is added on to your property tax or apartment rent.
Canada Goose does have some lighter models. But firstly, What will you be wearing this cold weather jacket with? Knowing that will help people provide you with suggestions.post #6 of 209/10/12 at 6:29pmpost #7 of 209/10/12 at 6:39pmRemember, comfort trumps style when you're shopping for cold weather gear.
-10 is not terribly cold, you'll get used to it soon enough.
Maybe a Land's End "on sale" parka?
http://www.landsend.com/pp/mens-waxed-cotton-down-parka~232904_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BRT&CM_MERCH=ov-search-_-parka&origin=searchpost #8 of 209/10/12 at 7:39pmpost #9 of 209/10/12 at 10:56pmQuote:
That's not very cold.post #10 of 209/11/12 at 1:29amQuote:
That's 14 F pal and it's very cold. And even cold Montreal has daytime highs in Winter of 20+. The middle and rest of Canada doesn't matter because no one lives there except dumb newfies and proles.post #11 of 209/11/12 at 1:38amQuote:
This is your best bet. Detachable hood you can leave off on warmer days. When it's really cold add wool pullover and hood and you'll be warmpost #12 of 209/11/12 at 3:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Joker Man
This is your best bet. Detachable hood you can leave off on warmer days. When it's really cold add wool pullover and hood and you'll be warm
OP was actually looking to spend $500 so this is out of that price range.Quote:
My, my, what's with all the negativity, dear boy? His comment was perfectly valid: It's actually not that cold. I think the assumption was that we're talking about an everyday jacket. The thing about living in a cold climate is that you never really spend too much time outside - it's all about going from house to car, building to building etc.
Some of that North Face stuff is perfect if you're spending hours at a time outdoors, but really is overkill for day-to-day wear at that temperature.post #13 of 209/11/12 at 4:17amQuote:
Outside of the obvious comment that -10C isn't that over the top nobody asked what context you'll be wearing this coat?
Overcoat with layers underneath would work.
You could go more working class and get the peacoat.
But then many other things can work.
Then remember hat,gloves. Keep skin covered. Don't get wet. You know all the things kids learnpost #14 of 209/11/12 at 8:44ampost #15 of 209/11/12 at 9:15amQuote:
HEY! Out west -10C is a pretty nice winter day.
Anyway, I stand by a peacoat or a similar weight jacket with a sweater, scarf and touque/hat. Just layer in that cold. You will be sweating in a parka.
- Winter Coats
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 52 seconds ago
- › Tom Ford Mathias Brown Sunglasses CONUS 2 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 3 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 9 minutes ago
- › Finding affordable menswear? (chicago) 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...