or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread - Page 8

post #106 of 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post

 

Ooops I already did that... butbut.gif

 

Wasn't that the purpose of the thread? eh.gif


Yeah.

More though.

Styles mentioned in this thread:

post #107 of 345
I haven't been on SF for quite a bit, but I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread.

I manage the Men's Shoes department at the Nordstrom location in Paramus, NJ. Our location easily sells (and stock) the most Santoni of any B&M stores in the US. Due to our proximity to the Santoni warehouse/HQ in NJ as well as our long standing relationship with the company's owner, we cater to customers that used to shop at the Madison Ave store as we are able to place special orders on some of the more obscure Santoni styles, ie Goodyear, Handmade, Norvegese, etc. as long as they are still available in the warehouse.

I would be glad to be of help to anyone that is looking for the "better" Santoni. The best thing to do is just to email me at hafiz.azly@nordstrom.com and describe what you are looking for. I will then try my best to send pictures of what's in stock at the warehouse in your specific size.

Santoni is personally all that I wear, so I would be glad to lend my help to anyone else who shares the same passion for the brand as I do.
post #108 of 345
Picked up these grays in Germany a year or so ago. My preference over solid black.





post #109 of 345
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice1take5 View Post

I haven't been on SF for quite a bit, but I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread.

I manage the Men's Shoes department at the Nordstrom location in Paramus, NJ. Our location easily sells (and stock) the most Santoni of any B&M stores in the US. Due to our proximity to the Santoni warehouse/HQ in NJ as well as our long standing relationship with the company's owner, we cater to customers that used to shop at the Madison Ave store as we are able to place special orders on some of the more obscure Santoni styles, ie Goodyear, Handmade, Norvegese, etc. as long as they are still available in the warehouse.

I would be glad to be of help to anyone that is looking for the "better" Santoni. The best thing to do is just to email me at hafiz.azly@nordstrom.com and describe what you are looking for. I will then try my best to send pictures of what's in stock at the warehouse in your specific size.

Santoni is personally all that I wear, so I would be glad to lend my help to anyone else who shares the same passion for the brand as I do.
Can you take some photos of what higher end Santonis you stock and post them here?

We'd enjoy seeing them (shame the store on Madison closed) and also likely purchase.

Does the US Santoni warehouse in NJ get new shipments, or is "once what's in the warehouse is sold, it doesn't get replaced" going on?

Does Santoni plan to re-open on Madison / in NYC?
post #110 of 345
ThinkDerm,

Although we carry in stock the breadth of what Santoni offers (at times comparable to, or slightly more styles than our website) we only stock styles that are Blake constructed, some Goodyear depending on the season, sneakers, boots, etc. The only time we get the handmades or older Goodyear shoes in (pending size availability) is when we place special orders for our customers (in person or to be mailed).

As far as I know (and don't quote me on it as things may change), there isn't any plans in the horizon to open up another boutique. I do agree with you, it was nice to be able to visit the store and gawk at what's available. As for now, the special order system works great.

In regards to new styles, in the winter season there are almost always new Goodyear shoes introduced, therefore the warehouse gets some size runs and we typically get one or two styles besides the one offs that we order. In regards to handmades, they trickle in but not like it used to. But, from what I've seen there are still quite a few great styles available in various sizes. A consumer that is not 1000% particular in their request, and has a vague sense of what he is looking for is almost always sure to get a few options presented in a specific size.

I will make it a point if time permits, to post up pictures of any interesting styles we bring to the store in the near future. If permissible I will also update this thread when I have my next trunk show set in stone. We are just looking to calibrate the Spring '13 dates to correspond with a trunk show for a relevant brand in our Mens Clothing (Suiting) department.
post #111 of 345
^boss!
post #112 of 345
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice1take5 View Post

ThinkDerm,

Although we carry in stock the breadth of what Santoni offers (at times comparable to, or slightly more styles than our website) we only stock styles that are Blake constructed, some Goodyear depending on the season, sneakers, boots, etc. The only time we get the handmades or older Goodyear shoes in (pending size availability) is when we place special orders for our customers (in person or to be mailed).

As far as I know (and don't quote me on it as things may change), there isn't any plans in the horizon to open up another boutique. I do agree with you, it was nice to be able to visit the store and gawk at what's available. As for now, the special order system works great.

In regards to new styles, in the winter season there are almost always new Goodyear shoes introduced, therefore the warehouse gets some size runs and we typically get one or two styles besides the one offs that we order. In regards to handmades, they trickle in but not like it used to. But, from what I've seen there are still quite a few great styles available in various sizes. A consumer that is not 1000% particular in their request, and has a vague sense of what he is looking for is almost always sure to get a few options presented in a specific size.

I will make it a point if time permits, to post up pictures of any interesting styles we bring to the store in the near future. If permissible I will also update this thread when I have my next trunk show set in stone. We are just looking to calibrate the Spring '13 dates to correspond with a trunk show for a relevant brand in our Mens Clothing (Suiting) department.

Look forward to your posts.
post #113 of 345
Great!

In the mean time in the spirit of contributing, I dug up some pictures I took a few months ago at the store. This is a sampling of the Spring '13 line-up we picked out to be stocked at most Nordstrom throughout the country. While it is nothing extraordinary for regular SF readers - I am sure some readers will appreciate the sneak peek of what others will not see throughout the North American market until they arrive in stores/online a few weeks from now. Most styles are new for Spring '13, but the Striper sneaker will be a carry-forward. On a personal note, they're one of my favorite Santoni Club sneakers and I think they did the navy just right! Enjoy.










While we are at it, I'll share my top 3 personal favorites from my collection of everyday wear. Excuse the fact they are not in polished condition at the moment:

Hayward (Goodyear)


Oldrich (Goodyear)


Sumner

Edited by nice1take5 - 1/27/13 at 9:10pm
post #114 of 345
Navy ones are dope. I do like the brown suede wingtip with the yellow laces also.

Pricing? and where will they be?
post #115 of 345
justinkapur,

Coming to your nearest Nordstrom that stocks Santoni, as well as on nordstrom.com. The first batch of styles will start popping up in stores and online I'd say mid February or so. If you are interested in dealing with me, I would be glad to earn the relationship. You may e-mail me at hafiz.azly@nordstrom.com to be kept abreast.

The navy one as aforementioned is called the "Striper." The distressed brown sneakers is called the "Bonito." If you like the silhouette and curious to see what other variations they come in, check nordstrom.com as there is the Winter '12 version of it where the upper is slightly darker and the outsole is a darker color.

On a side note, for guys that wear size 7 and 14/15 stay tuned - keep checking via stores or our website as we are working with Santoni to beef up our selection in those tough to find sizes. We are waiting for those sizes on a few styles to come in from Italy so we can better serve you.
post #116 of 345
Thread Starter 
would love to see some of the higher end stuff - wish nordstrom stocked the high end stuff (again)
post #117 of 345
What size are you? If 7, I got a FAM balmoral for a good price.
post #118 of 345
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

What size are you? If 7, I got a FAM balmoral for a good price.
photos?
post #119 of 345
Thread Starter 
9 in santoni
post #120 of 345
Spoo is selling a pair of hot amber suede Santoni wingtips. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear

Styles mentioned in this thread:

Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread