Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- pricedrop 5/11 - RLPL Dot Tie and RLBL Knit Tie Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Navy Ties with NARROW white/silver stripes? Last post on 9/12/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Where to buy 2" silk skinny ties? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
And in case you were wondering, although I do see lots of business men here with skinny ties, I am actually a college student. Although I have nothing against wider ties, for casual situations (at least as a young person in Tokyo) skinny ties are considerably less formal. If I wear a skinny tie here, its fine, but if I were a wider tie people start asking why I'm so dressed up
Dior Homme ties are a tad pricier than mentioned—The ones I showed you are all $190+.. Knit ties are a good idea because they can be worn more casually.. Charvet has some skinny(ish) knits in a host of colors—here's one that I just bought. I think Drake's knits may be even skinnier and have hand-sewn dots.. You can also try Thom Browne.
on shopthefinest they have a few Borrelli 2.25 knits at half price and Kent Wang has some cheaper ones..
Edited by newyorknoir - 9/8/12 at 9:29pm
I've lived here for the past three years and have observed a lot of different people and am completely comfortable making that generalization. And in case your wanted to know, every tie United Arrows sells is 2".... It's the price that's more the issue for me because I am a student (they come out to about $100 with the exchange rate)
It always helps to be specific when you're asking for advice. I gave you useful advice based on what you asked - and yes, thanks, I did know that United Arrows stocks this kind of thing, that's why I suggested them to you. You said that you couldn't find these ties anywhere, which is a bit different than saying that you could find them but you couldn't afford them.
So, $100 (US, I presume) is too much. You want cheaper, 2" silk ties. How cheap? What are you prepared to pay? How many do you think you need? etc.
Those are as good as you will get for that price range. You could also try The Knottery, but I think the narrowest they do is 2.25 on square-ended knitted ties. You are really unlikely to find a wide range or choice tat gives you a combination of quality and 2" width in the price range you want, because 2" is a rather extreme 'fashionable' tie width not conventional male style.
- Where to buy 2" silk skinny ties?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Australian Members 39 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › One of these things is not like the other 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 17 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 19 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...