Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- pricedrop 5/11 - RLPL Dot Tie and RLBL Knit Tie Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Navy Ties with NARROW white/silver stripes? Last post on 9/12/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 3:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- LAST CHANCE! Tom Ford, Stile Latino, Cesare Attolini, Roda, Dolcepunta, Tie Your Tie, Hanro,... Last post on 12/19/15 at 10:47am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Neckties: A Discussion Thread Last post on Today at 2:09 pm in Classic Menswear
What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Where to buy 2" silk skinny ties? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 309/8/12 at 7:42pmpost #18 of 309/8/12 at 8:56pmThread Starter
And in case you were wondering, although I do see lots of business men here with skinny ties, I am actually a college student. Although I have nothing against wider ties, for casual situations (at least as a young person in Tokyo) skinny ties are considerably less formal. If I wear a skinny tie here, its fine, but if I were a wider tie people start asking why I'm so dressed uppost #19 of 309/8/12 at 9:00pmpost #20 of 309/8/12 at 9:15pm
Dior Homme ties are a tad pricier than mentioned—The ones I showed you are all $190+.. Knit ties are a good idea because they can be worn more casually.. Charvet has some skinny(ish) knits in a host of colors—here's one that I just bought. I think Drake's knits may be even skinnier and have hand-sewn dots.. You can also try Thom Browne.
on shopthefinest they have a few Borrelli 2.25 knits at half price and Kent Wang has some cheaper ones..
Edited by newyorknoir - 9/8/12 at 9:29pmpost #21 of 309/8/12 at 10:44pmpost #22 of 309/9/12 at 12:06amThread Starterpost #23 of 309/9/12 at 3:58amQuote:Originally Posted by pnewelljr
I've lived here for the past three years and have observed a lot of different people and am completely comfortable making that generalization. And in case your wanted to know, every tie United Arrows sells is 2".... It's the price that's more the issue for me because I am a student (they come out to about $100 with the exchange rate)
It always helps to be specific when you're asking for advice. I gave you useful advice based on what you asked - and yes, thanks, I did know that United Arrows stocks this kind of thing, that's why I suggested them to you. You said that you couldn't find these ties anywhere, which is a bit different than saying that you could find them but you couldn't afford them.
So, $100 (US, I presume) is too much. You want cheaper, 2" silk ties. How cheap? What are you prepared to pay? How many do you think you need? etc.post #24 of 309/9/12 at 4:39amThread Starterpost #25 of 309/9/12 at 4:56amThread Starterpost #26 of 309/9/12 at 8:04am
Those are as good as you will get for that price range. You could also try The Knottery, but I think the narrowest they do is 2.25 on square-ended knitted ties. You are really unlikely to find a wide range or choice tat gives you a combination of quality and 2" width in the price range you want, because 2" is a rather extreme 'fashionable' tie width not conventional male style.post #27 of 309/9/12 at 8:18ampost #28 of 309/10/12 at 9:45pmThread Starterpost #29 of 302/1/15 at 3:25pm
- Where to buy 2" silk skinny ties?
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Customs, Duties, and International Shipping Questions and... 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 4 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 minutes ago
- › Wesco Boots! 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...