Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- pricedrop 5/11 - RLPL Dot Tie and RLBL Knit Tie Last post on 5/6/13 at 9:55pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Navy Ties with NARROW white/silver stripes? Last post on 9/12/12 at 7:39am in Classic Menswear
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Last edited: 1/4/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Where to buy 2" silk skinny ties? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
And in case you were wondering, although I do see lots of business men here with skinny ties, I am actually a college student. Although I have nothing against wider ties, for casual situations (at least as a young person in Tokyo) skinny ties are considerably less formal. If I wear a skinny tie here, its fine, but if I were a wider tie people start asking why I'm so dressed up
Dior Homme ties are a tad pricier than mentioned—The ones I showed you are all $190+.. Knit ties are a good idea because they can be worn more casually.. Charvet has some skinny(ish) knits in a host of colors—here's one that I just bought. I think Drake's knits may be even skinnier and have hand-sewn dots.. You can also try Thom Browne.
on shopthefinest they have a few Borrelli 2.25 knits at half price and Kent Wang has some cheaper ones..
Edited by newyorknoir - 9/8/12 at 9:29pm
I've lived here for the past three years and have observed a lot of different people and am completely comfortable making that generalization. And in case your wanted to know, every tie United Arrows sells is 2".... It's the price that's more the issue for me because I am a student (they come out to about $100 with the exchange rate)
It always helps to be specific when you're asking for advice. I gave you useful advice based on what you asked - and yes, thanks, I did know that United Arrows stocks this kind of thing, that's why I suggested them to you. You said that you couldn't find these ties anywhere, which is a bit different than saying that you could find them but you couldn't afford them.
So, $100 (US, I presume) is too much. You want cheaper, 2" silk ties. How cheap? What are you prepared to pay? How many do you think you need? etc.
Those are as good as you will get for that price range. You could also try The Knottery, but I think the narrowest they do is 2.25 on square-ended knitted ties. You are really unlikely to find a wide range or choice tat gives you a combination of quality and 2" width in the price range you want, because 2" is a rather extreme 'fashionable' tie width not conventional male style.
- Where to buy 2" silk skinny ties?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Things you just don't get 7 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 21 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 24 OCTOBER 2014 ROCK YOUR BLOCK 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...