or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hand Sewn Buttonhole Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Hand Sewn Buttonhole Thread - Page 4

post #46 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyd View Post

The gold one is not Tom Ford, I did it.
If you're interested, I published an article in The Rake on the Asola Lucida- I think it's still on shelves.
You make the best buttonholes. Jeffreyd, i'm on your waiting list to have a suit made.
post #47 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post

Amazing....worship2.gif
that one is amazing. jeffreyd does the best buttonholes in the world most likely.
post #48 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkn View Post

Here's one by member dkst posted the London Lounge on one of his own creations . . .
buttonhole1.jpg
He doesn't seem a tailor to me, but more a hobbyist/aficionado.
Beautiful, nevertheless.
- M
amazing.
post #49 of 163
Thread Starter 



3 Roll 2 - Finished on reverse side:






post #50 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs View Post



3 Roll 2 - Finished on reverse side:



looks great
post #51 of 163
Are all thsoe buttons holes hand? (And Is Spoo going to make one of those?)
post #52 of 163
Thread Starter 
The nicest lapel buttonhole that I have ever seen was on an old Alan Flusser suit that I saw hanging at my tailor a few months ago. I have no idea who made it but I can say that the only suit in this thread whose over all workmanship is similar is the A&S in the first post.
post #53 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

Are all thsoe buttons holes hand? (And Is Spoo going to make one of those?)

I cant sew for shit lol8[1].gif
post #54 of 163
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I cant sew for shit lol8[1].gif

rimshot.gif
post #55 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkn View Post

Here's one by member dkst posted the London Lounge on one of his own creations . . .
buttonhole1.jpg
He doesn't seem a tailor to me, but more a hobbyist/aficionado.
Beautiful, nevertheless.
- M

Actually, that post is taken from the C&T forum, and that buttonhole took an hour. He is a surgery student, and used a normal needle & gimp for these. That, and J's examples, show what happens when you get even stitches and the right harmony of gimp and twist thickness all happening at the same time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

you did the first one? amazing. are you a tailor or hobbyist?

Yes. Hobbyist.
post #56 of 163

I love this thread!! I have experimented on various occasions trying to make a buttonhole and can only say it is REALLY hard to get straight,tight and neat. Getting a nice keyhole shape on the button hole is almost impossible!!

 

I heard there is a course available in the UK with Darren Beaman, it costs 400 pounds... Worth it?

post #57 of 163
Here are two examples from my own closet:

Fallan & Harvey:


A really old, vintage suit of unknown maker:
post #58 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefferyd View Post

The gold one is not Tom Ford, I did it.
If you're interested, I published an article in The Rake on the Asola Lucida- I think it's still on shelves.

Read this post and I became gay for a moment. inlove.gif
post #59 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

I love this thread!! I have experimented on various occasions trying to make a buttonhole and can only say it is REALLY hard to get straight,tight and neat. Getting a nice keyhole shape on the button hole is almost impossible!!

 

 

Can't agree more.  The first few stitches would go fine and them the next few just wont. By then it is already a wasteful exercise. It is almost like meditation. The mind needs to be clutter free to make it work.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

 

I heard there is a course available in the UK with Darren Beaman, it costs 400 pounds... Worth it?

 

If one has some use for it, then certainly. There is a lot to needlework like the right threads and their uses, the right needles, techniques and those omnipresent rules. But, if one wants to make buttonholes on his own, then practices after the course should be factored in.

post #60 of 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxire View Post

If one has some use for it, then certainly. There is a lot to needlework like the right threads and their uses, the right needles, techniques and those omnipresent rules. But, if one wants to make buttonholes on his own, then practices after the course should be factored in.

 

Dont see myself becoming a tailor, but I have a genuine interest and it is something I admire greatly. Would love to learn how to do it... My question regarding was it worth it was more to do with the man himself, I've never heard of him before, I just know he is a tailor on Savile Row...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Hand Sewn Buttonhole Thread