Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Indochino Suit help ::Please help:: Last post on 10/7/12 at 7:33pm in Classic Menswear
- Jefferyd reviews Indochino Last post on 6/10/13 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Indochino suits? Last post on 7/27/16 at 4:31pm in Classic Menswear
- Are there any suit brands that are normally slim fitting or am I destined to wear one kind of... Last post on 9/12/12 at 1:17am in Classic Menswear
- Groomswear for night reception: 3 piece suit vs 3 piece tux? Last post on 9/8/12 at 8:50pm in Classic Menswear
Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?
Last edited: 3/24/16
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
My First Indochino Suit - should I ask for remake? - Page 7post #92 of 10710/12/12 at 7:17pmThread Starterpost #93 of 10710/13/12 at 4:00pmQuote:
I think that everyone who's considering placing an order should know about experiences that are as shxtty as mine was...completely unacceptable.
The shirt's too full, IMO. I'd also add more shape to the body of the jacket. The pants look pretty good though. There's more break than I'd choose, but that's your call to make. Actually, besides the shoulders, everything that I mentioned is more my style than a sign of bad fit.
PS: Why are your shirt cuffs so long?post #94 of 10710/15/12 at 10:12pmThread Starter
VinnyMac, I ordered 2 button cuff, that's why it looks so long.
I took my suit to my tailor to fix the gaping vent problem. She recommend take away 1/2" at the center back seam, and to extend the back by 1/2". After she pinned things down, the gaping vent went away.
I'll pick it up the altered suit on Friday Oct 19, will take a few photos then.
Here are the photos showing what she did.post #95 of 10710/17/12 at 12:31pmI hope she hasn't done anything yet, since it's not the best alteration to do it in the center back seam. Reason is that she'll cut through the pinstripes, which looks awkward.
I would have taken the side seams in and, in case the lining is long enough between the vents, let out the hem a bit to increase the length.
Here's an example of some very good pattern matching.
The red lines indicate what happens to the pinstripes...post #96 of 10710/18/12 at 10:45pmThread Starter
Tailorgod, thanks for the note.
I talked to my tailor immediately after seeing you note. She told me that she usually does not take in the back center seam, but since she thinks the problem was the back was too wide, but not the side, she still recommends taking in the fabric at the back seam. I asked her multiple times whether this will change the direction of the pinstripes in the back, and she assured me it would be barely noticeable.
I'll just have to wait her out to see the result. Would love to have your feedback after I post the After pictures.
Thanks.post #97 of 10710/25/12 at 3:55ampost #98 of 10710/25/12 at 11:14amThread Starterpost #99 of 10710/25/12 at 11:32amShe should have opened the side seams and moved the back up 1/2" to lengthen it, taken a bit in on both sides. That would have made the back lay closer to the body and given a nice shape to the back. The collar would fit better too.
That she said it isn't noticeable says it will be off but nobody will see it.
Females tailors I have seen don't know men's tailoring techniques for sewing or fitting. Sure there are exceptions.post #100 of 10710/25/12 at 2:33pmQuote:She should have opened the side seams and moved the back up 1/2" to lengthen it, taken a bit in on both sides. That would have made the back lay closer to the body and given a nice shape to the back. The collar would fit better too.
That's what I would have suggested, too. I've done that a couple of times, a heck a lot of work. Not what a normal alteration tailor would want to do. Plus it requires a higher understanding of garment construction.
And I doubt that there are enough inlays in the hem and lining to correct the back's length.post #101 of 10710/25/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Tailorgod and Despos, here are the result.
Overall (center is no longer sticking out, which is good, side still show gap):
Close-up of the back center seam at the bottom (slight slant inward toward the bottom center) :
Now, I think this is better than the remake result alone. My challenge is to convey this information to Indochino so that my next suit won't have the back sticking out at the center but also not to have vent gap. Tailorgod already gave me some good suggestions, would love hear what your thoughts are.post #102 of 10710/31/12 at 6:18pm
Hi Storm Rider,
I ordered my suit around the same time as you and also put in an order for a remake. It turned out really well, but I was wondering how you returned the old suit back to indochino? I stuffed it into a small box and sent it via usps with insurance and tracking, but it came out to be $40 (ouch!). Was wondering how much it cost you, just for future reference. Thanks and sorry for the tangent.post #103 of 10711/2/12 at 1:31pmThread StarterQuote:I put everything into a small box and send via USPS first class with no tracking no insurance. Total was less than $15. I asked if they have received it, not heard back yet.Originally Posted by JPhu
Hi Storm Rider,
I ordered my suit around the same time as you and also put in an order for a remake. It turned out really well, but I was wondering how you returned the old suit back to indochino? I stuffed it into a small box and sent it via usps with insurance and tracking, but it came out to be $40 (ouch!). Was wondering how much it cost you, just for future reference. Thanks and sorry for the tangent.post #104 of 10711/7/12 at 1:15pmQuote:
Thinking of giving Indochino a shot. Do they reimburse you for shipping back to them for a remake or is that out of your own pocket?post #105 of 10711/7/12 at 2:41pmThread Starter
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 12 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Vass x Jeeves Mahogany English Grain Byron Boot GMTO - Until... 1 minute ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 4 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...