or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ideas for my new MTM Suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ideas for my new MTM Suit - Page 2

post #16 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

Or this


I realize it's all personal opinion, but I really don't care for bold, very noticeable pinstripes.  Just not a look I like.

post #17 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StumpjumperE View Post


I realize it's all personal opinion, but I really don't care for bold, very noticeable pinstripes.  Just not a look I like.

Thats what im here for, YOUR opinions! nod[1].gif
post #18 of 50

^I agree with StumpjumperE, I suggested making them a little less bold.

post #19 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

^I agree with StumpjumperE, I suggested making them a little less bold.

I think pinstripe can look very CBD and the idea suggested above about a windowpane pattern makes the suit a little less formal, especially if the cloth is flannel. Kind of like this:



I would go with notch lapel, 3-roll-2, slanted, flapped pockets and a ticket pocket. Would also look great as a three-piece
post #20 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

Really all year around but I guess I can do a flannel and make it a F/W suit

Good idea. All year around is often all year boring...

How about a grey flannel PoW?
post #21 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingson View Post


I think pinstripe can look very CBD and the idea suggested above about a windowpane pattern makes the suit a little less formal, especially if the cloth is flannel. Kind of like this:

I would go with notch lapel, 3-roll-2, slanted, flapped pockets and a ticket pocket. Would also look great as a three-piece

 

Like that!

post #22 of 50

Do you live in a climate that gets warm in the summer? What about a fresco, or are you hoping to wear this thing before next summer?

post #23 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

Do you live in a climate that gets warm in the summer? What about a fresco, or are you hoping to wear this thing before next summer?

Yes. But I want a more versatile suit than a fresco
post #24 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDiaz View Post

^I agree with StumpjumperE, I suggested making them a little less bold.
A chalk stripe suit without bold stripes is of little use IMHO. Boldness is the point of the chalk stripe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

Yes. But I want a more versatile suit than a fresco
I think you have many versatile suits. It's time for adventure now. smile.gif
post #25 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman528 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

Yes. But I want a more versatile suit than a fresco

A chalk stripe suit without bold stripes is of little use IMHO. Boldness is the point of the chalk stripe.
I think you have many versatile suits. It's time for adventure now. smile.gif

And comfort. If this were in the Spring, I think it would make more sense. Also, I think a fresco is very versatile, just only in warmer weather. It can be hard to tell the difference between fresco and worsted wool.

post #26 of 50
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesman528 View Post

A chalk stripe suit without bold stripes is of little use IMHO. Boldness is the point of the chalk stripe.
I think you have many versatile suits. It's time for adventure now. smile.gif

While this may be true, I want a suit that I can wear often enough without having everyone realize i wore it 2 or 3 days before peepwall[1].gif (see below)

post #27 of 50
I wrote "adventure", not "madness". smile.gif You have already 10-15 suits, you said. That means you have possibly two weeks without to be seen in the same suit, where's the problem with something more recognizable? I think the people around you know that you have less than 365 suits, they will excuse some form of repetition. smile.gif

The chalk stripe flannel is a classic english business suit. Yes, it may have a somewhat aristocratic attitude but I think it's a suit type without which no man's suit wardrobe is really complete.

132051.jpg
post #28 of 50
Grey / Brown POW check, 3 button, 3 -3.5 inches notch, 3 piece, ticket pocket. Classic choice and not so business like chalkstripe.

Personally not a fan of pinstripe, window check.

Depends where you live, look for a 12-13 oz cloth at least to give a nice feel and sturdy performance.

The link has a very nice POW suit, suitable for business or causal times - http://www.gentlemansgazette.com/mark-seitelman-oxxford-man/
post #29 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutshoes View Post

Yes. But I want a more versatile suit than a fresco

Try 'New fine wool Worsted' by Tomas Fisher, just as cool but better hand.
post #30 of 50
Thread Starter 
IDEAS PEOPLE!!!

I was thinking maybe a navy glen plaid, but dont know if I should do a tropical wool or a very light weight flannel
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ideas for my new MTM Suit