Hermes, New York.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Have I Figured This Out? (Pocket Square Related) Last post on 9/5/12 at 1:08pm in Classic Menswear
- What's Fair Price For a Silk Tie and Bow Tie???? Last post on 5/6/16 at 12:22am in Classic Menswear
- drop 10/16 NWOT Neiman Marcus wool tartan bow tie Last post on 9/24/11 at 9:29pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Harris Tweed Wool Bow Ties Last post on 9/10/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Why the Four-in-hand is always better than the windsor knot
Last edited: 3/24/16
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?Last edited: 2/23/16
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Bow Ties - Page 5post #62 of 1333/9/13 at 2:08pmpost #63 of 13310/3/13 at 5:28pmpost #64 of 13310/3/13 at 5:41pmThread Starterpost #65 of 13311/9/13 at 2:16pmpost #66 of 13311/9/13 at 6:03pmpost #67 of 13311/10/13 at 1:16pmpost #68 of 13311/16/13 at 2:15pmpost #69 of 13312/12/13 at 7:44pmpost #70 of 1331/9/14 at 12:07pmpost #71 of 1331/9/14 at 12:28pmpost #72 of 1331/9/14 at 1:31pmpost #73 of 1331/9/14 at 2:51pmI'm trying to get the hang of tying a bow tie, although I don't normally wear one I'm getting married this year and I want to be comfortable in the tying of one.
I'm fine until the last bit unsurprisingly but when you bring it up round the back and through the loop I lose a lot of tension in the knot
Does anyone have any advice how to combat this? Or tighten once finished?
Stevepost #74 of 1331/10/14 at 12:07pmQuote:Yes and no.
A bow tie, with a 2-button suit, can leave a significant expanse of shirt front showing. Maybe too much shirt. Depends to a great extent on the suit, and the build of the man wearing it. And on one's personal taste, of course.
So some men prefer to wear a bow tie only with a 3-button suit (or at least a 2-button suit which has a somewhat high button stance). Or only with a 3-piece suit. Or only when wearing a sweater (or sweater vest) with the 2-button suit.
Other men find the 2-button suit w/bow tie look to be entirely unobjectionable, don't think regard it as any sartorial sin to show some shirt front, and don't worry about the whole thing.post #75 of 1331/10/14 at 12:12pmQuote:It's actually almost identical to tying your shoe laces. So, what do you do to combat your shoe laces from losing tension when you get to the part of the tying experience where you bring it around and through the loop? How do you tighten your shoe laces once finished?
Or do you just accept that your shoe laces need only be tight enough, and not necessarily any tighter than that? In which case, why not adopt a similar attitude with regard to your bow tie?
Well, just a thought.
- What tie would work best with a medium-blue suit for a wedding?
Currently, there are 1113 Active Users (95 Members and 1018 Guests)
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 11 minutes ago
- › Consolidation - fatherhood used dress shoe clearout - JL, Maftei,... 31 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 31 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 39 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 43 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 43 minutes ago
- › CROCKETT AND JONES CHADWICK EXPRESSO CALF SUEDE UK11/US12 49 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 hour ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...