or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Whats' your favorite brand of shoe and why?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whats' your favorite brand of shoe and why?

post #1 of 117
Thread Starter 

Everybody has an opinion but which one is your favorite or favorites? Is it because of style, quality, craftmanship, fit, or durability? Is it RTW or Bespoke? Which ones do you like the most?

 

 

Pictures would be nice as well.


Edited by dddrees - 9/4/12 at 5:59am
post #2 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post

Everybody has an opinion but which one is your favorite or favorites? Is it because of style, quality, craftmanship, fit, or durability? Is it RTW or Bespoke? Which ones do you like the most?


Pictures would be nice as well.

Ludwig Reiter.
It's the only Brand that fits me.
I've tried Vass, Balint, Weston, Church,C&J, Greene, Alden, Alan Edmonds,
Cleverly, Lobb, etc.
post #3 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post


Ludwig Reiter.
It's the only Brand that fits me.
I've tried Vass, Balint, Weston, Church,C&J, Greene, Alden, Alan Edmonds,
Cleverly, Lobb, etc.

Wow, it's amazing to me you were unable to find another among all the ones you tried that wouldn't fit. Good to hear you finally found one though.

post #4 of 117
crockett & jones

nice lasts, good leather, fits well, good quality, attractive price point
post #5 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post

crockett & jones
nice lasts, good leather, fits well, good quality, attractive price point

I've heard these are really nice.

 

I'm currently considering which brand to try next.

 

Problem is my location, not much of an opportunity to check many out.

post #6 of 117

I personally really like Cole Haan. I have quite small feet and they are one of the few nice shoemakers that actually make shoes that fit me. I've had a couple of pairs of their shoes for more than 5 years now, and I wear them regularly. And I think that you can generally find nice looking shoes from them without paying an arm and a leg. 

post #7 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerE View Post

I personally really like Cole Haan. I have quite small feet and they are one of the few nice shoemakers that actually make shoes that fit me. I've had a couple of pairs of their shoes for more than 5 years now, and I wear them regularly. And I think that you can generally find nice looking shoes from them without paying an arm and a leg. 

joke?

not sure if serious
post #8 of 117
Shoe cement has really improved recently.
post #9 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Shoe cement has really improved recently.

Must be because of the durability factor, huh?

post #10 of 117
I have G&G for my most formal shoes. 2 chestnut or lighter Vass oxfords. CJ Suede oxfords (new and lingwood branded). One pair of AE that I wear in rains, and some Sanders suede shoes and boots for casual wear. Those, white jack purcells and black common projects are pretty much all I wear.

G&G are definitely my favorite. The $400 or so difference in price is fairly inconsequential over the life of the shoe and I smile every time I look at my feet.

I also have a pair of JMWeston loafers (180 I think) that are great.


EDIT: FYI I think Vass represents great value for money and G&G is the best overall in quality. JLPs just don't fit me that well and the entry level EG's seem to be overpriced for what they are.

However, both JLP and EG have some great iconic styles that carry a lot of weight. If I were to buy a double monk it would be the Westminister and if it fit me I would buy the JL Phllip II.
post #11 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by emc894 View Post

I have G&G for my most formal shoes. 2 chestnut or lighter Vass oxfords. CJ Suede shoes. One pair of AE that I wear if it rains.
G&G are definitely my favorite. The $400 or so difference in price is fairly inconsequential over the life of the shoe and I smile every time I look at my feet.

Sounds great and it appears as you have a few from a couple of different brands. Awesome!!!

 

Hey if you don't mind and you have some time, please post some pics when you get a chance.

post #12 of 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post


joke?
not sure if serious

 

Cole Hann does have some goodyear welt offerings that could be picked up at a very decent price...

 

p.s., I like different shoes at different brands.  i.e., Tricker's Stow, G&G GG06 Oxford, G&G MH71 St James II, Corthay Arca, Berluti loafer, etc.  But out of the 16 pairs of all my shoes, I own 3 Lobbs and 2 FootJoy golf shoes.

post #13 of 117
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

 

Cole Hann does have some goodyear welt offerings that could be picked up at a very decent price...

 

p.s., I like different shoes at different brands.  i.e., Tricker's Stow, G&G GG06 Oxford, G&G MH71 St James II, Corthay Arca, Berluti loafer, etc.  But out of the 16 pairs of all my shoes, I own 3 Lobbs and 2 FootJoy golf shoes.

Sounds well rounded as well, would love to see some pics if you have any.

 

I would love to get some Lobbs one day.

post #14 of 117
This thread would work much better and stand the test of time as a poll.
post #15 of 117
in
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Whats' your favorite brand of shoe and why?