Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are these suits worth $500? Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Your favorite go-to suit? Last post on 9/14/12 at 2:23pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on Today at 4:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 7:01 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
English Cut MTM Options in Washington DC: Ralph Lauren Black Label vs Hickey Freeman vs ? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 229/4/12 at 9:34pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Lm - I'd be somewhat wary of adjusting button stance and lapel width on a relatively extreme cut like what I have seen of the RLBL suits. They're kind of designed to look a certain way and messing with it might result in an ill-conceived suit. Not saying it can't be good, just something to think about and realize that you can't just increase the lapel width and leave everything else the same and have it looking more like a "normal" suit.
Excellent advice, and in line with my thinking. I had planned to have an extensive conversation with the RL in-house tailor about a holistic goal, rather than dictating specifics without the tailoring expertise to know whether they would achieve the objective.
I'm fascinated that so many on here are suggesting OTR with Field's alterations over various MTM options. Even with full respect for Will's talents that surprises me.
But given the unanimity here, I will definitely be checking out Samuelsohn before making a decision. Thanks to all of you, and I'll let you know how it all turns out.post #18 of 229/4/12 at 9:36pmThread Starterpost #19 of 222/5/13 at 8:28pmpost #20 of 222/6/13 at 6:58ampost #21 of 222/6/13 at 9:32ampost #22 of 222/9/13 at 12:55am
In my experience, a MTM program by branded label with an established look / identity will always result in a product indicative of that look/identity. In other words, a MTM RLBL will always look like a Ralph Lauren suit, which isn't a bad thing per se.
Since you have something very specific in mind, and sound as though you're not really a novice, have you considered seeing a Hong Kong tailor who travels to the U.S.? Due to the influence of English tailoring in HK, many of them are well versed in the English cut.
- English Cut MTM Options in Washington DC: Ralph Lauren Black Label vs Hickey Freeman vs ?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Ring Jacket Japan 18 seconds ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 2 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 14 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...