Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Are these suits worth $500? Last post on 9/26/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- Your favorite go-to suit? Last post on 9/14/12 at 2:23pm in Classic Menswear
- MEGATHREAD - LOTS & LOTS of SUITS, BLAZERS, COATS / JACKETS - 50+ Items - All Sizes in Size... Last post on 3/3/12 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page Last post on Today at 9:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Help to identify who made this Dunhill suit Last post on 12/1/12 at 3:00pm in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
English Cut MTM Options in Washington DC: Ralph Lauren Black Label vs Hickey Freeman vs ? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 229/4/12 at 9:34pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Lm - I'd be somewhat wary of adjusting button stance and lapel width on a relatively extreme cut like what I have seen of the RLBL suits. They're kind of designed to look a certain way and messing with it might result in an ill-conceived suit. Not saying it can't be good, just something to think about and realize that you can't just increase the lapel width and leave everything else the same and have it looking more like a "normal" suit.
Excellent advice, and in line with my thinking. I had planned to have an extensive conversation with the RL in-house tailor about a holistic goal, rather than dictating specifics without the tailoring expertise to know whether they would achieve the objective.
I'm fascinated that so many on here are suggesting OTR with Field's alterations over various MTM options. Even with full respect for Will's talents that surprises me.
But given the unanimity here, I will definitely be checking out Samuelsohn before making a decision. Thanks to all of you, and I'll let you know how it all turns out.post #18 of 229/4/12 at 9:36pmThread Starterpost #19 of 222/5/13 at 8:28pmpost #20 of 222/6/13 at 6:58ampost #21 of 222/6/13 at 9:32ampost #22 of 222/9/13 at 12:55am
In my experience, a MTM program by branded label with an established look / identity will always result in a product indicative of that look/identity. In other words, a MTM RLBL will always look like a Ralph Lauren suit, which isn't a bad thing per se.
Since you have something very specific in mind, and sound as though you're not really a novice, have you considered seeing a Hong Kong tailor who travels to the U.S.? Due to the influence of English tailoring in HK, many of them are well versed in the English cut.
- English Cut MTM Options in Washington DC: Ralph Lauren Black Label vs Hickey Freeman vs ?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 seconds ago
- › Spectator Porn 39 seconds ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 51 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 10 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 11 minutes ago
- › Viberg Service Boot Waxed Flesh Size 9 12 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)