or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Which leather bag?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which leather bag?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

Hi all,

 

I am looking to buy a leather bag this week, however I'm not well educated in the brands.


I have seen a dunhill bag that I would like to purchase. Can anyone recomend any other brands for me to have a look at?

 

I'm a fan of timeless elegance/ bond style items.

 

(P.S the bag is a laptop style bag which i can use for university then take on to work with me)

 

thanks in advance

 

V

post #2 of 11

Got my saddleback leather bag a few months ago. It's very cool. They make good products that, as they say, your grandchildren will be fighting over when you're gone.

post #3 of 11
I was about to get one myself and these are the candidates:

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/ashwoodleather/products/4202.php


http://www.pediwear.co.uk/ashwoodleather/products/5231.php


http://www.pediwear.co.uk/ashwoodleather/products/4203.php


I'm in the process of asking pediwear of more interior shots for the non vintage ones. They claimed that these are full grain made in India.
post #4 of 11
I have Papworth briefcase which I bought about 8 years ago when it was way cheaper than now. It definitely got better with time. However, I find it now quite heavy. If I was buying a bag now, I would most likely go special order.
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Man View Post

Got my saddleback leather bag a few months ago. It's very cool. They make good products that, as they say, your grandchildren will be fighting over when you're gone.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashmir View Post

I was about to get one myself and these are the candidates:
http://www.pediwear.co.uk/ashwoodleather/products/4202.php

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/ashwoodleather/products/5231.php

http://www.pediwear.co.uk/ashwoodleather/products/4203.php

I'm in the process of asking pediwear of more interior shots for the non vintage ones. They claimed that these are full grain made in India.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega View Post

I have Papworth briefcase which I bought about 8 years ago when it was way cheaper than now. It definitely got better with time. However, I find it now quite heavy. If I was buying a bag now, I would most likely go special order.

 

Whilst these brands/ bags look very impressive, I don't find they match my taste and personality.

The brands I was hoping to learn more about in comparison were Bally, Mulberry etc.

 

Although I will look at the brands you have posted in the hope I find a style that suits me as they look like top quality goods!

post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorg View Post

Hi all,

 

I am looking to buy a leather bag this week, however I'm not well educated in the brands.


I have seen a dunhill bag that I would like to purchase. Can anyone recomend any other brands for me to have a look at?

 

I'm a fan of timeless elegance/ bond style items.

 

(P.S the bag is a laptop style bag which i can use for university then take on to work with me)

 

thanks in advance

 

V


Go to Mr. Porter, search bags, great place for research. Don't rule out the new Mark Cross at Barney's, very sleek.  Valextra would be the pinnacle in the sleek Bond Style as would Swaine Audney Brigg among others.

post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post


Go to Mr. Porter, search bags, great place for research. Don't rule out the new Mark Cross at Barney's, very sleek.  Valextra would be the pinnacle in the sleek Bond Style as would Swaine Audney Brigg among others.

 

Do you think dunhill would match this style too? They were meant to produce suits for CR in 06..

post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorg View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post


Go to Mr. Porter, search bags, great place for research. Don't rule out the new Mark Cross at Barney's, very sleek.  Valextra would be the pinnacle in the sleek Bond Style as would Swaine Audney Brigg among others.

 

Do you think dunhill would match this style too? They were meant to produce suits for CR in 06..


I think it would, Mulberry is really nice but I think too rustic for what you are after it seems.

post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollotrader View Post


I think it would, Mulberry is really nice but I think too rustic for what you are after it seems.

I saw some of the mulberry bags, I really liked one..It was similar to the dunhill one but a few hundred pounds more! I even looked at Bally, but only a few styles caught my eye..still on the prowl!

post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisychains91 View Post

Take a look at the Sommerby satchel at www.burghleybags.co.uk its a timeless classic! 


4 posts on SF, 4 posts about Burghley Bags.. hmm...

post #11 of 11

I'm sorry if that seems odd..i realise now that it looks bad its only because i was replying to very similar threads..may I add I also like other mens brands especially mulberry dunhill etc. I’m interested in continuing to post about other things and others labels. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Which leather bag?