or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › What universities / colleges you attend or attended
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What universities / colleges you attend or attended - Page 8

post #106 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbusguy View Post
also at osu if u see anyone wearing raw denim, its probably me i think ive seen one person wearing nudies in two years
You'll see me around in my Helmut Lang denim. Not raw though.
post #107 of 130
Conne you're OSU? I always thought you were something more along the lines of Yale, P-ton, etc. Learn something new every day...
post #108 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade to Black View Post
Conne you're OSU? I always thought you were something more along the lines of Yale, P-ton, etc. Learn something new every day...
Well, I almost did the "insular yuppie college" thing. Got into Hamilton, toured the school, and I just did not click. I mean, I liked the way everyone dressed but it was in the middle of nowhere and most everyone was a lesbian or closet gay. I very much like the large state school environment, mostly because the resources and opportunities are essentially endless. OSU also has a great history department, which is part of the reason I wanted to go.
post #109 of 130
grant mac ewan collage. maybe one day I'll attend a university...
post #110 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
Well, I almost did the "insular yuppie college" thing. Got into Hamilton, toured the school, and I just did not click. I mean, I liked the way everyone dressed but it was in the middle of nowhere and most everyone was a lesbian or closet gay.

I very much like the large state school environment, mostly because the resources and opportunities are essentially endless. OSU also has a great history department, which is part of the reason I wanted to go.

Selling your student football tix to fund Attolini pink cashmere tie purchases?
post #111 of 130
USC

B/S Accounting
post #112 of 130
^^
Boo down with USC as well. (nothing like a good rivalry)
Scored tickets for the OSU/USC game
Anyone else going?
post #113 of 130
BS in Sociology, Towson University (state school just north of Baltimore) Currently working on my MA in Sociology from SUNY Stony Brook First became interested in clothes in High School, when I became fascinated with the punk/skinhead/rudeboy subcultures. Experienced a sartorial coma during undergrad, but became interested in style again when I knew job interviews were around the corner.
post #114 of 130
Xavier University-BS in Accounting/Finance First became interested in clothes when I started working at a formalwear shop in town.
post #115 of 130
BA- Communications- University of Dayton
BS- Computer Science- University of Pittsburgh
Currently working on my MBA at CMU-Tepper
post #116 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorMatador View Post
^^ Boo down with USC as well. (nothing like a good rivalry) Scored tickets for the OSU/USC game Anyone else going?
Ugh, I wish. I'll be watching!
post #117 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C. View Post
LA Guy; we find ourselves on the same page again. All the kids I know in UNDERGRAD business schools have very little liberal arts education and are not encouraged from thier deans to take courses outside of business. They are duped into thinking that the cirriculum is "well-rounded" by admissions people. B-schools should just be marketed for what they're worth; a trade school. I always say that if the best thing you got out of college is a good job, then you missed the bigger picture. College is about exploring the world and taking in culture while finding yourself in the process. I'm quick to dismiss someone who says, "I don't need college, or college is a waste of money."
I strongly agree with this post Mike C. This is the main reason I chose Xavier; we have a very strong core cirriculum. I am a business student but I am required to take near 80 credit hours of liberal arts. Learning how to write and think critically are the most important things that my education has given me. Not how to assemble a balance sheet or determine the cash flows from peripheral operations. Richard
post #118 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by randallr View Post
I strongly agree with this post Mike C. This is the main reason I chose Xavier; we have a very strong core cirriculum. I am a business student but I am required to take near 80 credit hours of liberal arts. Learning how to right and think critically are the most important things that my education has given me. Not how to assemble a balance sheet or determine the cash flows from peripheral operations.

Richard

Love the irony... Just busting your chops my friend
post #119 of 130
I graduated from graduate business school from the Ohio State University and undergrad at Prairie View A&M. I became interested in cloths during my junior of high school when I got my first job. Since then, I've always tried to dress nice. I only became a brand person within the past year when I lost my job and had to find a way to make ends meet and pay for daycare. I sold my first name brand tie, Charvet, on ebay. I started buying and selling name brand clothing and accessories until i found my current job. Since I have a full time job, I've scaled back on buying and selling on ebay but continue to search for the best brands on sell.
post #120 of 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by heard546 View Post
I graduated from graduate business school from the Ohio State University and undergrad at Prairie View A&M. I became interested in cloths during my junior of high school when I got my first job. Since then, I've always tried to dress nice. I only became a brand person within the past year when I lost my job and had to find a way to make ends meet and pay for daycare. I sold my first name brand tie, Charvet, on ebay. I started buying and selling name brand clothing and accessories until i found my current job. Since I have a full time job, I've scaled back on buying and selling on ebay but continue to search for the best brands on sell.
I think half of the people on this board went to OSU.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › What universities / colleges you attend or attended