or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Filson X Levi's Trucker Jacket in Black
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson X Levi's Trucker Jacket in Black - Page 2

post #16 of 32
It fits identically to the NEW tan, so definitely larger than your tan. But I don't have a Hunter jacket with which to compare. I suspect closer to that than the original tan.
Edited by dcg - 9/7/12 at 10:36am
post #17 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

It fits identically to the NEW tan, so definitely larger than your tan. But I don't have a Hunter jacket with which to compare. I suspect closer to that than the original tan.

Great...confused.gif

So, is it a full size bump? As if the OLD Large is like a NEW medium? Or is it not that drastic?
post #18 of 32
I think it's a full sized bump, yes. I'm 6'2", 185, 40 chest, and the XL fits me nicely. Not perfect, but L would look too small.
post #19 of 32
Been a few years since I tried on the original Tan. Back then, I remember a large fitting me well, but the sleeves were really short (I have very long arms). The new cut seems to me to have much longer arms, in addition to being larger overall (that is, the arms on the medium are JUST long enough for me).

I would think it's a full size, but again, I'm basing that on trying the original on once a couple of years ago. I'm 6' tall, 165 lbs. I can wear a large if I layer a bunch, but otherwise, medium looks better on me.
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsekh View Post


I'm interested in your Tan in medium. I live in the US though. Send me a PM?

 

hey there i assume you purchased this.

 

could you provide measurements plz ?

 

pit to pit

shoulder to shoulder

shoulder to cuff

 

that would be great.

post #21 of 32
My medium tan trucker has the following measurements:
21" pit2pit
17.5 shoulder
25.25 shoulder to cuff
post #22 of 32
hey kwaker, pm sent.
post #23 of 32
Since this is the top google styleforum post for this jacket, thought I'd post my fit findings here. Just got the tan (Jan 2013) it's labeled 8/2010 as manufacture but I'd bet that's not true judging by the rate of sale. This fits exactly like my *regular* fit Levi trucker in a size small. I called them up while making the order, they stated that they believed that it was cut like the slim at one point, but it caused too much trouble so they changed it. Of course, a Levi trucker, as you all probably know, fits small compared to say a peacoat. High waist, fits like a form-fitting shirt when buttoned, I easily buttoned it over a light sweater. Someone not looking for the classic trucker fit will not like this sizing, but anyone who already has and loves a trucker will do just fine.
post #24 of 32
If you want this* to fit the way it's "supposed" to fit, go TTS. As stated above, I'm 6', 165 lbs - medium fits great. I wish the sleeves were slightly longer, but that's because of my freakishly long arms (dress shirt - 15.5x35 or 36). Won't be a problem for the vast majority of people.

*The black version, or the current tan version.

Edit - see that I said pretty much the same thing a few posts up. Disregard. shog[1].gif
Edited by dcg - 1/18/13 at 9:43am
post #25 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

If you want this* to fit the way it's "supposed" to fit, go TTS. As stated above, I'm 6', 165 lbs - medium fits great. I wish the sleeves were slightly longer, but that's because of my freakishly long arms (dress shirt - 15.5x35 or 36). Won't be a problem for the vast majority of people.

*The black version, or the current tan version.

Edit - see that I said pretty much the same thing a few posts up. Disregard. shog[1].gif

Yup. I saw yours and used it for my decision making. I was just reiterating that I'd found the same thing, plus a little extra color. Just because there's such a hodge podge of info, and it's not clear who was saying it fit small (but didn't know that was how it was supposed to fit) and people who thought it fit smaller than a small denim levi. It fits like a regular trucker is supposed to fit.
post #26 of 32
Folks:

I recently purchased both a standard fit rigid trucker jacket in brown and a Filson black trucker. The Levis trucker is significantly bigger than the Filson one, so I'm planning to exchange for a medium. My question, though, is whether anyone has found this to be the case. Is it possible that my rigid trucker is sized larger to allow for shrinkage when washed, down to the size of the Filson one, or are the Filson ones just differently sized? My experience contradicts a lot of the evidence in this post :-/

Thanks!
post #27 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmpay View Post

Is it possible that my rigid trucker is sized larger to allow for shrinkage when washed

Nope. They don't really shrink. Levis currently has two cutting for their trucker jackets. Standard fit and slim fit. The Filson is the slim fit.
post #28 of 32
Can someone please post some fit pics of the black Filson jacket?
post #29 of 32
When I talked to Filson they stated it was definitively the regular fit. They changed it 2 years ago or so. I have a standard Folson and a standard Levi. The difference may be in that denim stretches and the tin cloth doesn't. Original size is different than worn in size.
post #30 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

When I talked to Filson they stated it was definitively the regular fit. They changed it 2 years ago or so. I have a standard Folson and a standard Levi. The difference may be in that denim stretches and the tin cloth doesn't. Original size is different than worn in size.

I have a number of Levis standard & slim fit trucker jackets purchased the past few years. The black Filson x Levis trucker jacket that I bought late last year is definitely the slim fit, much smaller than the standard fit Levis trucker jackets that I have. There are a number of people here said that the newer Filson x Levis jackets are bigger than when they were first released, but since mine was purchased in late 2012 (and black wasn't available before the second half of 2012), they may have just made it slightly bigger, but definitely still closer to Levis' slim fit than the standard fit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Filson X Levi's Trucker Jacket in Black