I have a Navy Blue pinstripe suit where the pinstripes (light blue) are so thin that you can't see them from more than a couple of meters away. My question is would a suit like this still be too "businesslike" for something like a wedding?
Related Forum Threads
- RLPL Suits Galore. 3 Suits Size 40. Wool Cashmere Flannels, Pinstripes Last post on 2/6/13 at 8:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Flying to Manhattan Saturday 6/16 Need Help to Find my Wedding Suit! Last post on 6/14/12 at 3:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Help: Tailor in Raleigh, NC Last post on 5/27/12 at 6:39pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 6:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Do you have to wear a suit to a wedding? Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Very thin pinstripe suit for a wedding or dinner?
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 88/31/12 at 9:48ampost #3 of 88/31/12 at 10:11ampost #4 of 88/31/12 at 10:25ampost #5 of 88/31/12 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #6 of 88/31/12 at 11:44amWhat everyone else said. In the past, there was a pretty hard prohibition against pinstripes at social events. But given the general state of suit wearing these days, it really doesn't apply anymore. You should try, though, not to make it look like you dropped in on your way home from the office, especially if you did. For example, I have a very dark blue suit that has just very slightly lighter blue pinstripes which I sometimes use for social events. The pinstripes are only visible at all up close so this is a much better choice for social occasions a grey suit with more visible pinstripes.post #7 of 88/31/12 at 11:54ampost #8 of 88/31/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
I think this is fine for a wedding since the pinstripes are hardly noticeable.
- Very thin pinstripe suit for a wedding or dinner?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Currently, there are 2017 Active Users (532 Members and 1485 Guests)
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Canada Goose 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...