I have a Navy Blue pinstripe suit where the pinstripes (light blue) are so thin that you can't see them from more than a couple of meters away. My question is would a suit like this still be too "businesslike" for something like a wedding?
Related Forum Threads
- RLPL Suits Galore. 3 Suits Size 40. Wool Cashmere Flannels, Pinstripes Last post on 2/6/13 at 8:24am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Flying to Manhattan Saturday 6/16 Need Help to Find my Wedding Suit! Last post on 6/14/12 at 3:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Help: Tailor in Raleigh, NC Last post on 5/27/12 at 6:39pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 4:43 am in Classic Menswear
- Do you have to wear a suit to a wedding? Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Tuxedo Do I Need For A Black Tie Event?Last edited: 10/12/12
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Very thin pinstripe suit for a wedding or dinner?
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2 of 88/31/12 at 9:48ampost #3 of 88/31/12 at 10:11ampost #4 of 88/31/12 at 10:25ampost #5 of 88/31/12 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #6 of 88/31/12 at 11:44amWhat everyone else said. In the past, there was a pretty hard prohibition against pinstripes at social events. But given the general state of suit wearing these days, it really doesn't apply anymore. You should try, though, not to make it look like you dropped in on your way home from the office, especially if you did. For example, I have a very dark blue suit that has just very slightly lighter blue pinstripes which I sometimes use for social events. The pinstripes are only visible at all up close so this is a much better choice for social occasions a grey suit with more visible pinstripes.post #7 of 88/31/12 at 11:54ampost #8 of 88/31/12 at 12:03pmQuote:
I think this is fine for a wedding since the pinstripes are hardly noticeable.
- Very thin pinstripe suit for a wedding or dinner?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Currently, there are 1234 Active Users (177 Members and 1057 Guests)
- › FS : North Face Purple Label Down shirt - L 13 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 minutes ago
- › What are some tie colors that go well with a chocolate brown suit... 22 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)