or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help! My bespoke suit is too baggy :(
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help! My bespoke suit is too baggy :( - Page 5

post #61 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

To be perfectly frank, it looks like the shiny RTW polyester rag-bag efforts they sell here in China for about 300-500RMB($50-$70 USD). That the peasantry usually wears for weddings or Spring Festival.

Dear Mike, for real?
post #62 of 71
Get this and go get the pants and sleeve hemmed. your build is not that far off from mine

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3900-STILE-LATINO-by-Cesare-Attolini-Gray-Wool-Suit-42-NEW-EU-52-/120959841407?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item1c29c4b47f
post #63 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Dear Mike, for real?

Yup, very much for real. nod[1].gif They're basically single-use disposable suits. The quality really is dreadful. They wear them once just for the wedding, and that's usually it. Or the one of the traditions of Spring Festival is to wear new clothes, which sometimes means one of these very inexpensive suits for men.

Here's a friend of mine modelling his spiffing Laxdn of Guangzhou suit at his Hunan Province village wedding.

He only wore it the once, AFAIK it went in the garbage afterwards. Note it's rather shiny and has the "Laxdn" sleeve label still attached.
post #64 of 71
Palmtree, go to the Harry Rosen at First Canadian Place and pick up a suit from there.

They had tonnes of suits at a steep discount. Examples:

Ralph Lauren Black Label Solid Charcoal for $749 (this is a forum favourite; and they have a very aggressive cut like the suit ads you posted up) icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Lanvin Solids for $1150 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Zegnas for $1500 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Tom Ford Solid Charcoal for $1850 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Brioni's for just over $2k icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

But today is the last day of the sale, so move fast!!!
post #65 of 71
If you are going to get a back up - and I suggest that you should since the other suit looks gold and shiny - other options in Toronto besides Tom's is Harry Rosen outlet in the Heartland Town Centere in Mississauga. As with all outlets it's hit or miss but you could likely get a nice Samuelson suit for $500-600. Skip the BR Monogram.

BTW - congrats on the wedding - you will just be arm candy for the bride. The only standard you have to meet is to try to not look ridiculous -if so, no one will care what you are wearing.
post #66 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDT View Post

Yup, very much for real. nod[1].gif They're basically single-use disposable suits. The quality really is dreadful. They wear them once just for the wedding, and that's usually it. Or the one of the traditions of Spring Festival is to wear new clothes, which sometimes means one of these very inexpensive suits for men.
Here's a friend of mine modelling his spiffing Laxdn of Guangzhou suit at his Hunan Province village wedding.

He only wore it the once, AFAIK it went in the garbage afterwards. Note it's rather shiny and has the "Laxdn" sleeve label still attached.

Where are the stylish man in China? The ones I met over UK dress very nice. I can imagine the norm mainlanders is that bad.

Anyway, look like your friend enjoyed the night, even forgot to remove the tag
post #67 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Where are the stylish man in China?

They're mostly in Beijing and Shanghai driving BMWs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

The ones I met over UK dress very nice. I can imagine the norm mainlanders is that bad.

Probably because they're wearing Kiton, Brioni or Zegna, along with Ferragamo or John Lobb shoes. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif My friend is a school teacher in a Changsha primary school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

Anyway, look like your friend enjoyed the night, even forgot to remove the tag

I was a very good night. Don't think we got up the next day.
post #68 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmtree8 View Post

Hi everyone...

 

I got a bespoke suit made last month, and I got it today.

 

I've got to say that it's too snug/baggy for my taste. Here are some pics, and I am sure you guys will probably agree that everything has to be heavily altered? I am 511", 170 lbs, and the suit makes me look fatter than I really am...!

 

 

 

 

 

The clothes look too loose or baggy on you. It certainly helps to bring along a picture of your desired style tailors do welcome images so they have a better grasp at the kind of style you're going for.

post #69 of 71

too big and loose for your frame, maybe just stick with a 2-piece suit.

post #70 of 71
Doesn't look like they accounted for your sloping left shoulder.
post #71 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsanders65 View Post

too big and loose for your frame, maybe just stick with a 2-piece suit.

What does that have to do with the fit? confused.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Help! My bespoke suit is too baggy :(