or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Official 2012 College Football Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread - Page 12

post #166 of 861
Texas defense is absolutely atrocious.
post #167 of 861
But damn, Ash looked stellar.
post #168 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Is it just me or has LSU always, ALWAYS been painfully boring to watch?

Pretty much.
post #169 of 861
Canes vs. Irish saturday. If they pull this off it'll be a miracle.
post #170 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Canes vs. Irish saturday. If they pull this off it'll be a miracle.

I actually am thinking 50/50. Wouldn't bet against Miami and I HATE Miami.
post #171 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNS View Post

Texas defense is absolutely atrocious.

The Big 12 is getting hard to take seriously. No one plays defense.
post #172 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

The Big 12 is getting hard to take seriously. No one plays defense.

Surprisingly, Texas Tech is #1 in total defense and in the top 5 in points allowed along with TCU. Also, at least the Big 12 wins their cupcake games unlike the ACC.
post #173 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmade View Post

Surprisingly, Texas Tech is #1 in total defense and in the top 5 in points allowed along with TCU. Also, at least the Big 12 wins their cupcake games unlike the ACC.

rolleyes.gif Alright, let's get into it - which of "our" two pathetic football conferences is better? I'll actually admit that the Big 12 is better than the ACC this year (and last year, at least), but I will stand by my statement that "your" defenses are a complete joke.

Texas Tech's opponents to date - Northwestern State (?), Texas State, New Mexico, and Iowa State. They should be #1. That's ridiculous.
TCU - actually has a legitimate defense, probably the best in the conference. Opponents to date - Grambling, Kansas, Virginia, and SMU.

As far as the whole conference's defenses? Some random stats:

Nine of the ten teams are averaging more than 11 yards per completion - no one likes to tackle
Only two teams average fewer than 4.5 yards per rush
Ten Big 12 defensive tackles have been taken in the last six drafts. Ten.
The leage quarterback rating is 159.9

Granted, the conference has some incredible offenses, but you have to admit, the defenses are terrible.
post #174 of 861
FLMM, don't even try to compare the B12 to the ACC even over the past seven years.
post #175 of 861
Thread Starter 
You guys are so cute, what with your arguing over third place and all. devil.gif
post #176 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

You guys are so cute, what with your arguing over third place and all. devil.gif

YOU'RE so cute - living vicariously through the success of others in your conference.
post #177 of 861
Thread Starter 
Yeah, I mean it's not like Georgia is in the Top 5 or anything. Or the reigning winner of its division. Or the favorite to win its division again. Or a popular pick to be a dark-horse NC team.

Where, exactly, Georgia stands will become clearer after the UGA-USC game this weekend, but Georgia is hardly a team that has to live "vicariously through the success of others in [its] conference."
post #178 of 861
You're right, as long as you look at a very thin sliver of your team's history.
Smack-talk aside, I hope you win it all (and by "all" I mean the SEC) because I hate Bama, Florida, Auburn. I kinda like that crazy fucker Les Miles, though.
post #179 of 861
Thread Starter 
I think there's a case to be made that the whole "SEC is teh greatest" requires looking at a thin sliver of college football history in general. I mean, it's always been good, but the way the conference has dominated football talk in recent years is unprecedented. In fact, I think the biggest reason Georgia doesn't have one or two NCs in the last decade is because its best years of the decade were just before the SEC was, at least in the voters' eyes, the S.E.C.

Either way fistbump.gif on Georgia winning the SEC. I think it's a possibility, but it will depend upon whether or not the Dawgs can bring it when it needs to be brought. The team, at its best, can compete with everyone, but I worry about inconsistency. One thing I do like about this year's team is that it seems to be able to win games it could well have lost last year, and I"ll be curious to see if that holds true now that they're going to be facing stiffer competition.
post #180 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

rolleyes.gif Alright, let's get into it - which of "our" two pathetic football conferences is better? I'll actually admit that the Big 12 is better than the ACC this year (and last year, at least), but I will stand by my statement that "your" defenses are a complete joke.
Texas Tech's opponents to date - Northwestern State (?), Texas State, New Mexico, and Iowa State. They should be #1. That's ridiculous.
TCU - actually has a legitimate defense, probably the best in the conference. Opponents to date - Grambling, Kansas, Virginia, and SMU.
As far as the whole conference's defenses? Some random stats:
Nine of the ten teams are averaging more than 11 yards per completion - no one likes to tackle
Only two teams average fewer than 4.5 yards per rush
Ten Big 12 defensive tackles have been taken in the last six drafts. Ten.
The leage quarterback rating is 159.9
Granted, the conference has some incredible offenses, but you have to admit, the defenses are terrible.

That is pathetic.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Official 2012 College Football Season Thread