or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Official 2012 College Football Season Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Official 2012 College Football Season Thread

post #1 of 861
Thread Starter 
I can't believe we don't have this thread yet.

The utterly fictional polls have all been released. The rest of the country is complaining because people actually have positive things the to say about something in the South, and they know they'll hear those things constantly until after the New Year. Millionaires paid by universities are preparing for their role as the Single Most Important Person on Campus, despite the fact that they neither research or teach. Grown men are staking their happiness on the performance of a bunch of entitled teenagers, while using words like "we" and "us" when giving their predictions for the potential success of those teenagers.

This can mean only one thing:

IT'S COLLEGE FOOTBALL SEASON!!111!eleventy!!1

I'll get things going:
GO DAWGS!!!

post #2 of 861




post #3 of 861
y'all enjoy this season. I'll be avoiding any sort of college football talk this year, and here's why:

One of my alma maters - Houston - just graduated Case Keenum and their head coach Sumlin went to Texas A&M. New coach, new QB, this will be a rebuilding year by any measure. FWIW, when we attended the red-white game in the spring, it was just awful. None of the QB's had much going on. Maybe they develop in the summer, but it just wasn't working for me.

My other alma mater - Texas A&M - just brought in a new head coach (Sumlin) and is starting a FRESHMAN at QB, in their first year in the SEC. And it gets better: Sumlin is pass-happy (see Keenum, most prolific NCAA passer in the history of forever) while A&M is run-happy. In 20+ years of being an Aggie, last year is the first year the pass has been relevant to the offense - and both Taneyhill and Sherman are now at Miami.

The upside: at least we don't have to play Texas. God, I did not want that disaster looming.
Edited by Thomas - 8/27/12 at 10:23am
post #4 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

y'all enjoy this season. I'll be avoiding any sort of college football talk this year, and here's why:
One of my alma maters - Houston - just graduated Case Keenum and their head coach Sumlin went to Texas A&M. New coach, new QB, this will be a rebuilding year by any measure. FWIW, when we attended the red-white game in the spring, it was just awful. None of the QB's had much going on. Maybe they develop in the summer, but it just wasn't working for me.
My other alma mater - Texas A&M - just brought in a new head coach (Sumlin) and is starting a FRESHMAN at QB, in their first year in the SEC. And it gets better: Sumlin is pass-happy (see Keenum, most prolific NCAA passer in the history of forever) while A&M is run-happy. In 20+ years of being an Aggie, last year is the first year the pass has been relevant to the offense - and both Taneyhill and Sherman are now at Miami.
The upside: at least we don't have to play Texas. God, I did not want that disaster looming.

I've always wanted an excuse to go to an Aggie game. When ya'll play Tennessee at College Station, I'll try to make it over.

BTW - Your fan base probably has no idea what they are getting into. The venom in the SEC is just ridiculous.
post #5 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I've always wanted an excuse to go to an Aggie game. When ya'll play Tennessee at College Station, I'll try to make it over.
BTW - Your fan base probably has no idea what they are getting into. The venom in the SEC is just ridiculous.

For serious? I'm planning a business trip to take a few of the guys I work with down.
post #6 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I've always wanted an excuse to go to an Aggie game. When ya'll play Tennessee at College Station, I'll try to make it over.
BTW - Your fan base probably has no idea what they are getting into. The venom in the SEC is just ridiculous.

Holla and I'll try to score tickets. May be a tough one, I have no idea what to expect these days. Actually, I have no idea what the place looks like now, except bigger.

and I agree. We don't have much hate in the rivalries, not even against UT. Then again, after meeting a few LSU fans earlier this summer, everyone might feel kind of sorry for us. We're certainly in for some serious ass-kickings this year.
post #7 of 861
Three moar days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifbounce2.gifcheers.gif

post #8 of 861
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

...

From which Wide Right season is this program?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

y'all enjoy this season. I'll be avoiding any sort of college football talk this year, and here's why:
One of my alma maters - Houston - just graduated Case Keenum and their head coach Sumlin went to Texas A&M. New coach, new QB, this will be a rebuilding year by any measure. FWIW, when we attended the red-white game in the spring, it was just awful. None of the QB's had much going on. Maybe they develop in the summer, but it just wasn't working for me.
My other alma mater - Texas A&M - just brought in a new head coach (Sumlin) and is starting a FRESHMAN at QB, in their first year in the SEC. And it gets better: Sumlin is pass-happy (see Keenum, most prolific NCAA passer in the history of forever) while A&M is run-happy. In 20+ years of being an Aggie, last year is the first year the pass has been relevant to the offense - and both Taneyhill and Sherman are now at Miami.
The upside: at least we don't have to play Texas. God, I did not want that disaster looming.

Man, Texas A&M got the short end of being an SEC rookie. I'd much rather have Missouri's schedule, especially in the first year in the conference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

I've always wanted an excuse to go to an Aggie game. When ya'll play Tennessee at College Station, I'll try to make it over.
BTW - Your fan base probably has no idea what they are getting into. The venom in the SEC is just ridiculous.

I'd be willing to try to make an SF football meet-up when Georgia plays out there, though I don't know which will happen first. I know A&M doesn't catch either one this season.

It's called "intensity and commitment," not "venom." teacha.gif
post #9 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

From which Wide Right season is this program?

This was probably the year that FSU was turned away from the SEC. Seeing that the cheerleaders in that picture have all their teeth, I can see why.

Actually, that would have been the 1985 Gator Bowl (unless FSU played Oklahoma State another time between 1958 and 1985 that I'm unaware of).
post #10 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

(...)
Man, Texas A&M got the short end of being an SEC rookie. I'd much rather have Missouri's schedule, especially in the first year in the conference.
I'd be willing to try to make an SF football meet-up when Georgia plays out there, though I don't know which will happen first. I know A&M doesn't catch either one this season.
It's called "intensity and commitment," not "venom." teacha.gif

It gets worse. The A&M starting quarterback is a Freshman out of Kerrville Tivy. Enrollment: 1,333. Fucking hell, going from AA to the bright lights of the SEC is...I don't even. Good Lord, I feel so bad for the kid. I hope he's a fighter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

This was probably the year that FSU was turned away from the SEC. Seeing that the cheerleaders in that picture have all their teeth, I can see why.
(...)
\
oh, SNAP.

(wait, y'all have girls out there.)
post #11 of 861
Here's a prediction - Miami will suck.
post #12 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Here's a prediction - Miami will suck.

At least Jacory is gone.
post #13 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Here's a prediction - Miami will suck.

So will Penn State.
post #14 of 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

At least Jacory is gone.

Thank god for small favors
post #15 of 861
Washington will give LSU all they want and more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Official 2012 College Football Season Thread