Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 662

post #9916 of 11821
today marks the start of "couldn't find an internship" season. Hello clipboard people.
post #9917 of 11821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

A bear was caught in my neighborhood overnight.
While I don't get it, I thought the stigma would be gone by now.
post #9918 of 11821
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

Everybody in my building smokes too. There's even this one guy who dresses up in drag each weekend and then chain smokes in the common backyard. He's a nice dude.

The big difference in my building is nobody gives a fuck about what you do, so it's a nice mix of well-off young people and punky hipsters.

You could have just said: "I live in Brooklyn."
post #9919 of 11821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

A bear was caught in my neighborhood overnight.

Can we eat it?
post #9920 of 11821
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

Everybody in my building smokes too. There's even this one guy who dresses up in drag each weekend and then chain smokes in the common backyard. He's a nice dude.

The big difference in my building is nobody gives a fuck about what you do, so it's a nice mix of well-off young people and punky hipsters.

You could have just said: "I live in Brooklyn."

Everybody in my building falls into the 25-32 years old age bucket. It's a nice change from my UES building. That age bucket means people are still pretty rowdy on Friday and Saturday nights ... but they clean up after themselves.

Almost everybody has a dog as well, the exception being my druggie friends (but they have my dog that they hang out with).

It's a fun building.
post #9921 of 11821
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Can we eat it?
TV news said it was going to be examined by a vet and then released into a state park in Putnam County.
post #9922 of 11821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

TV news said it was going to be examined by a vet and then released into a state park in Putnam County.

So, no.
post #9923 of 11821
Thread Starter 
You could always go to Putnam and try to catch it.
post #9924 of 11821
there are a lot of animals I haven't eaten but would try ... alligator, all types of birds, horse ... but bear meat isn't on that list.
post #9925 of 11821
Isn't bear liver really good for you? Or maybe poisonous. I can't remember. I wish there were a way to look stuff like that up before posting.
post #9926 of 11821
Thread Starter 
According to one of my old cookbooks, it was a traditional hunter's feast in rural France.
post #9927 of 11821
I've had bear on a number of occasions as one of my brother-in-laws gets one most every year. Bear pot roast was usually pretty good but it can depend per animal. Bear ribs pretty good. Moose is pretty much hard to deal with but moose steaks done with bacon are not bad...because, bacon I guess.
post #9928 of 11821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

According to one of my old cookbooks, it was a traditional hunter's feast in rural France.

I've heard bears caught in the spring are not good eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I've had bear on a number of occasions as one of my brother-in-laws gets one most every year. Bear pot roast was usually pretty good but it can depend per animal. Bear ribs pretty good. Moose is pretty much hard to deal with but moose steaks done with bacon are not bad...because, bacon I guess.

On North Woods Law (Animal Planet show my kids like) all the Maine trailer folks love moose
post #9929 of 11821
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

I've heard bears caught in the spring are not good eating
too lean because of hibernation?
post #9930 of 11821
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

Everybody in my building falls into the 25-32 years old age bucket. It's a nice change from my UES building. That age bucket means people are still pretty rowdy on Friday and Saturday nights ... but they clean up after themselves.

Almost everybody has a dog as well, the exception being my druggie friends (but they have my dog that they hang out with).

It's a fun building.

That's funny. At 30, I am the youngest person in my building by at least 5 years.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks