or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 551

post #8251 of 11466
Manhattan hedge fund manager fatally shot by son, 30, over cut allowance: source

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nyc-hedge-fund-founder-killed-son-allowance-source-article-1.2066224
post #8252 of 11466
That'll teach him.
post #8253 of 11466
A_Y, I think that means the count's now at x minus 1.
post #8254 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

That'll teach him.

crackup[1].gif
post #8255 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

Manhattan hedge fund manager fatally shot by son

 

Doing the jobs the Justice Department and SEC refuse to do.

post #8256 of 11466
how is it that people don't seem to understand that Brooklyn is a physically large area? When I was out of town visiting family, I had to hear "did you guys witness that police shooting????" over and over again.
post #8257 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

how is it that people don't seem to understand that Brooklyn is a physically large area? When I was out of town visiting family, I had to hear "did you guys witness that police shooting????" over and over again.

Agree.
I hear people who are visiting say..."I want to go to Brooklyn for the day. How do I get there?"
Really?
post #8258 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCarraway View Post

Doing the jobs the Justice Department and SEC refuse to do.

you're an idiot
post #8259 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

Manhattan hedge fund manager fatally shot by son, 30, over cut allowance: source

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nyc-hedge-fund-founder-killed-son-allowance-source-article-1.2066224

Entitled Millenial.
post #8260 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Entitled Millenial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Entitled Millenial.

In some ways, the "Mom, go out and get me a sandwich" thing is more disturbing than the "pay for my fancy apartment and social life" thing.

(I mean, even aside from the part about it being a ruse so he could get his dad alone and shoot him . . .)
post #8261 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


In some ways, the "Mom, go out and get me a sandwich" thing is more disturbing than the "pay for my fancy apartment and social life" thing.

(I mean, even aside from the part about it being a ruse so he could get his dad alone and shoot him . . .)

The most disturbing thing is she went out and got it!
post #8262 of 11466
Yeah. Choosing jail, dead parent, no money flow and no pad over a $100 less 30-year-old allowance. At least he must be utterly humiliated.
post #8263 of 11466
In the guy's defense $400 a month from a guy who's got more money than God is pretty stingy.

#millennial
post #8264 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

...from a guy who's got more money than God is pretty stingy.

On what do you base this assumption? I think the article said it was like <$50mn hedge fund. Rule of thumb is <$200mn is treading water / barely viable.
post #8265 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

The most disturbing thing is she went out and got it!
Agreed. That's really what I meant to say -- her willingness to do stuff like that probably did more to turn him into a worthless douche than the allowance and rent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Yeah. Choosing jail, dead parent, no money flow and no pad over a $100 less 30-year-old allowance. At least he must be utterly humiliated.
One would hope, but he doesn't strike me as someone with a well-developed capacity for self-reflection or taking responsibility. Most likely he'll find a way to blame his mom.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks