or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 547

post #8191 of 11478
No, I'm framing it exactly right to maximize my opportunities for feeling morally superior.
post #8192 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

You think he'd send you the requisite letter to use at tax time?
I think you're misframing that. Per pB's story, if the bum had said nothing, all would have been good. Again, from the story, I don't think the guy was looking for any positive feedback, but rather decided upon being harangued in public, to rescind his gift.

Holy shit! This reminds me! I donated a lot of clothes to a Goodwill a couple months back and they gave me a slip for tax deduction purposes. I hope I still have it..
post #8193 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Well it was 400 degrees in Penn Station

Yeah and it was packed to the gills.
post #8194 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Holy shit! This reminds me! I donated a lot of clothes to a Goodwill a couple months back and they gave me a slip for tax deduction purposes. I hope I still have it..

Take pictures of the clothes, make an itemized list, then let your tax guy apply the value as there is some table for that shit. I print the pictures of the donation and staple them with an itemized list to the slip and keep in that year's tax folder. Sort of like the Tom Cruise character in The Firm I'm very fucking paranoid about the power of the IRS.
post #8195 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Take pictures of the clothes, make an itemized list, then let your tax guy apply the value as there is some table for that shit. I print the pictures of the donation and staple them with an itemized list to the slip and keep in that year's tax folder. Sort of like the Tom Cruise character in The Firm I'm very fucking paranoid about the power of the IRS.
You're the only cheap fuck in the world who must do this to write $80 off of his taxes.
post #8196 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

You're the only cheap fuck in the world who must do this to write $80 off of his taxes.

I actually would rather toss them but Mrs. Piob freaks out when I do things like that. You're right, $80 is nothing, but it's just the wedge the IRS will use to get into your taxes because so many people cheat or exaggerate on this stuff. I'm not letting that happen and have all the documentation I can gather for this type of donation.
post #8197 of 11478
Thread Starter 
Bill Clinton once wrote off his underwear.
post #8198 of 11478
NYPD cops furious with Bill de Blasio turn their backs on the mayor as he enters hospital where officers died

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-cops-turn-backs-de-blasio-hospital-article-1.2052215
post #8199 of 11478

^Man....the guys getting smack left and right... Just curious, who did you guys vote for as mayor? 

post #8200 of 11478
I voted for Joe Lhota...
post #8201 of 11478
Man.The 84th precinct is walking distance from my house. That's the precinct that both cops were based at.
post #8202 of 11478

Had to smile at this one in the morning's NYT. The name, picture and brief obit. Bet she was a pistol.

 

 

BLEETSTEIN--Glenna Dee, of Salt Lake City then New York, died on Sunday, December 14 at an age she preferred not to mention. Widow of Jacob Bleetstein, beloved mother of Oscar and grandmother of Henry. She loved her friends dearly and will be missed by many. Services will be held on December 23, 2014 at 11am at Frank E. Campbell in Manhattan.

 

lefty

post #8203 of 11478
Minutes after two NYPD cops killed execution style


http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c71_1419119373
post #8204 of 11478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post

NYPD cops furious with Bill de Blasio turn their backs on the mayor as he enters hospital where officers died

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nypd-cops-turn-backs-de-blasio-hospital-article-1.2052215
I've never heard of anything like this, and cops have been plenty angry at mayors in the past.

This is a massive blow to DeBlasio and he needs to correct course, hard. He won't, I know, but this basically means his mayoralty is ... not over, per se, but he is now simply the mayor of only part of New York. And not the best part.
post #8205 of 11478
heard people on the street talking about what happened, but didn't bother checking the news until this morning. Christ.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks