or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 533

post #7981 of 11478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I don't think I could ever date a female restauranteur because I'd just assume that she's a total hot headed bitch and that the restaurant industry has pretty much made her that way.
Could be fun for 3-6 months.
post #7982 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I don't think I could ever date a female restauranteur because I'd just assume that she's a total hot headed bitch and that the restaurant industry has pretty much made her that way.
Could be fun for 3-6 months.

she could be an animal in the sack
post #7983 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I don't think I could ever date a female restauranteur because I'd just assume that she's a total hot headed bitch and that the restaurant industry has pretty much made her that way.
Date: Yes. Marry: no. Actually, date is probably the wrong verb.
post #7984 of 11478

For a few years I dated bartendresses exclusively. It was great.

You always knew where they were on a weekend night.

You could go out with friends then head over to the bar at closing for a date with your GF.

You got into the best afterhours clubs.

Sitting at the end of bar from midnight to closing and watching guys throw passes at my hot GF was a master class in how not to pick up a girl and how not to order a drink.

 

lefty

post #7985 of 11478
I tried dating a bartendress and it didn't work for kind of the same reasons. She was always working when I wasn't.
post #7986 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

A picture is worth a thousand words but seeing it in person is knowing what the fuck it is and what the fuck it is like and whether you want it and fuck the internet.
For clothes or one-off items, sure. For mass-produced stuff and/or stuff you already know you want - not so much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I tried dating a bartendress and it didn't work for kind of the same reasons. She was always working when I wasn't.
It probably didn't work because you kept calling her a "bartrendress".
post #7987 of 11478
I kept calling her toots.
post #7988 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

NYC has many advantages but mass retail experiences are not among them.

my Ecuadorian NYPD neighbor friend had his beat right in SoHo (we were biking buddies and would watch yankees games together). he was really cool and would let me illegally park right on Prince Street with all the russian mobsters and politicians. It was especially awesome on weekends.

shopping in NYC is so much easier if you have a car. SoHo is basically a huge mall only with very pretty female european/asian/ect. tourist
post #7989 of 11478
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I kept calling her toots.
That should have worked :headscratch:
post #7990 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

my Ecuadorian NYPD neighbor friend had his beat right in SoHo (we were biking buddies and would watch yankees games together). he was really cool and would let me illegally park right on Prince Street with all the russian mobsters and politicians. It was especially awesome on weekends.

shopping in NYC is so much easier if you have a car. SoHo is basically a huge mall only with very pretty female european/asian/ect. tourist
I so disagree with you on the car thing. It boggles my mind how much you drove when you were here.
post #7991 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

It probably didn't work because you kept calling her a "bartrendress".

You'd be surprised. I once nailed/pulled/hit (not sure what the kids are saying these days) an insanely hot bartendress because I called my denim "dungarees"
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I tried dating a bartendress and it didn't work for kind of the same reasons. She was always working when I wasn't.

The key to that is to fill the early part of the evening with a diner waitress who needs be at work at 5:30 am.

lefty
post #7992 of 11478
I, um, dated a bartender once and learned few things. First, never talk about the bartender when you're sitting at the bar. No matter how far away she is, she can hear every single thing you say. Second....... okay that's the only thing I really learned from her. She is now a prison guard. Hot, right?
post #7993 of 11478
I find a lot of restaurant/bar "industry" people to be very odd. It's a world in of itself. Very cliquey, gossipy, and culty.
post #7994 of 11478
Oh wait a second, that's Style Forum.
post #7995 of 11478

lefty's Obvious Guide to Ordering a Drink and Possibly Picking up the Bartender/dress.

 

1. Don't be a tool.

2. Know what you want - brand and mix - don't waste the barkeep's time.

3. Have the money in hand, but discreetly on bar.

4. Smile and be polite, but don't try to be funny or charming. You're not.

5. Tip well, say "thank you", then get the fuck out of the way.

6. Don't be a tool.

 

To possibly hook up do all of the above, but sit alone at the end of the bar. Look like me. Read something that isn't your phone. Wait for the bartender/dress to engage you in conversation. Keep that conversation brief. Stay no more than two drinks. Say "thank you" when you leave. Come back three nights later at the same time. He/she should remember your drink. If you play it cool, your second drink may be on him/her. Tip well for that drink. Go from there.

 

lefty

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks