or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 512

post #7666 of 11478
I am being interviewed for a thesis this phd candidate is doing on gentrification in NYC.
post #7667 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i need a steam vacuum. any place to rent one in Brooklyn?

Where in Bk are you? There is a good spot in Park Slope....Brooke....
post #7668 of 11478
W'burg


I just need to clean a 4x6 carpet.
post #7669 of 11478
Just buy a new one you cheap fuck.
post #7670 of 11478
i don't buy cheap rugs or furniture
post #7671 of 11478
And? Buy a new one you cheap fuck.
post #7672 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

W'burg


I just need to clean a 4x6 carpet.

Roll it up and take it to somebody. The machines they can run them through are much better than some portable steam cleaner (a less-than-ideal solution for wall to wall carpet that can't be removed).
post #7673 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

And? Buy a new one you cheap fuck.
it takes the wife like 8 months to pick something out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Roll it up and take it to somebody. The machines they can run them through are much better than some portable steam cleaner (a less-than-ideal solution for wall to wall carpet that can't be removed).
ugh, a pain in the ass.
post #7674 of 11478
Better solution: Get rid of it and don't have an area rug?
post #7675 of 11478
Less of a pain than going somewhere and bringing back some bulky machine and then doing the work yourself?

A lot of dry cleaners contract with rug cleaners...you could probably just roll it up and drop it off around the corner.
post #7676 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Better solution: Get rid of it and don't have an area rug?
bamboo floors are really slippery
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Less of a pain than going somewhere and bringing back some bulky machine and then doing the work yourself?

A lot of dry cleaners contract with rug cleaners...you could probably just roll it up and drop it off around the corner.
indeed more of a pain. roll it up and it's still big, heavy, and flimsy. I'll check with the dry cleaners to see what they can do.
post #7677 of 11478
Agree with:

-Getting ride of it, or...
-Taking to dry cleaners.....or at least asking them for a rec.

The women below my apartment came up to my apartment for something once....She has similar floors to mine. She mentioned that she really needs to take up her area rug to highlight the wooden floors in the manner that I have in my apt.
post #7678 of 11478
the dog slips and slides on our floors. She can't even sit without ending up all contorted.

One time she slipped while making the leap up to the bed. Heck of a crash.
post #7679 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

the dog slips and slides on our floors. She can't even sit without ending up all contorted.

One time she slipped while making the leap up to the bed. Heck of a crash.

Serves her right!
post #7680 of 11478

 

lefty

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks