or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 484

post #7246 of 11479
I spent a good deal of time in Houston for work some years back. I hated it -- but mostly for reasons that are specific to being a visitor (and perhaps in particular to being a business visitor). None of them (except maybe the weather - my baseline is Los Angeles rather than NYC) are any sort of rebuttal to the points a_yuppie and TC raise.
post #7247 of 11479
ok, back to NY talk.


any recs for things to do and places to see in the Hudson area? We're going apple picking in Granite Springs this weekends and wouldn't mind adding some places to explore a bit.
post #7248 of 11479
Since the beginning of September the subways have been insanely more crowded. I think school and also people traveling winding down is certainly palpable.
post #7249 of 11479
I've noticed that school has made a huge difference on the L line. It's not just the trains either, but also the sidewalks near me. Full of kids.
post #7250 of 11479
post #7251 of 11479
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

ok, back to NY talk.


any recs for things to do and places to see in the Hudson area? We're going apple picking in Granite Springs this weekends and wouldn't mind adding some places to explore a bit.

If you have a car make the 15 minute drive to Kinderhook. It's a bucolic village, very New England-ish, and you can visit Martin van Buren's estate a few minutes outside of the village center.

Lots of awesome mid-century modern furniture in the Hudson shops.
post #7252 of 11479
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I've noticed that school has made a huge difference on the L line. It's not just the trains either, but also the sidewalks near me. Full of kids.




Same with my drive to work if I don't get out early enough.
post #7253 of 11479
post #7254 of 11479

in the post story shoe goes from "he grabbed my ass" to "it felt like he put 3 fingers on my ass ever so gently". Eventually it may get to "his hand brushed up against me".

Interesting tactic she is using. He wants to expose him as a groper, but of course brings up the $2 tip on the $15 bill. She mentions she hates what she does (and of course she was a college honors student). The guy comes off like a real douche, I don't know why he would resort to calling her the c word in the paper and I hope that he eventually gets knocked on his ass if he is running around grabbing everyone's ass but I also hope he sues the crap out of her. I'm tired of these one-sided public shamings that have proliferated on social media.
post #7255 of 11479
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

in the post story shoe goes from "he grabbed my ass" to "it felt like he put 3 fingers on my ass ever so gently". Eventually it may get to "his hand brushed up against me".

Interesting tactic she is using. He wants to expose him as a groper, but of course brings up the $2 tip on the $15 bill. She mentions she hates what she does (and of course she was a college honors student). The guy comes off like a real douche, I don't know why he would resort to calling her the c word in the paper and I hope that he eventually gets knocked on his ass if he is running around grabbing everyone's ass but I also hope he sues the crap out of her. I'm tired of these one-sided public shamings that have proliferated on social media.

They certainly are problematic but they do make for good reading...unless it's you, of course.
post #7256 of 11479
i would never touch a girl on the ass unless she asked me nicely, but i surely do some stupid shit when i'm drunk. the thought that someone could take my name from a receipt and put it on public display is a bit of a worry.
post #7257 of 11479
post #7258 of 11479
see, bring a stroller or a bike on, and I get annoyed (calm down, super dads, some of these fucking strollers are the size of spaceships). But I lol'ed at that chair.
post #7259 of 11479
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

in the post story shoe goes from "he grabbed my ass" to "it felt like he put 3 fingers on my ass ever so gently". Eventually it may get to "his hand brushed up against me".

Interesting tactic she is using. He wants to expose him as a groper, but of course brings up the $2 tip on the $15 bill. She mentions she hates what she does (and of course she was a college honors student). The guy comes off like a real douche, I don't know why he would resort to calling her the c word in the paper and I hope that he eventually gets knocked on his ass if he is running around grabbing everyone's ass but I also hope he sues the crap out of her. I'm tired of these one-sided public shamings that have proliferated on social media.

It looks like he's got striped pents & a solid jacket
post #7260 of 11479
The thing is a $2 tip on a $15 bill isn't the worst thing in the world. Who gives a shit how much money he makes he could have had two beers and tipped a dollar for each.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks