or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 460

post #6886 of 11478
LOL
post #6887 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

Was hanging out at my friend's place in W-burg (on Kent, right by the water) the other night. I was floored when he told me how much he was paying for his one-bedroom apartment (admittedly in a really nice building). It was my first time in the area in a few years, and the changes were really pronounced. Felt sort of like Park Slope and sort of like that one third-tier douchy patch in LIC.

My friend spends so much on rent that he didn't want to go to dinner. No Red Farm for me ffffuuuu.gif

I was looking at an apartment in that area about 2 years ago. I think the one bedroom we were looking at was around $2,850. We figured if we were going to pay that much we might as well stay in the city.
post #6888 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba View Post

Congrats Gome.

Now you need to take on an obscure, victorian era, hobby.

May I suggest learning to play the lute?
post #6889 of 11478
Lutes are awesome.
post #6890 of 11478
i don't even know what a lute is, so i guess it'd be perfect.
post #6891 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

May I suggest learning to play the lute?

Hurdy gurdy > lute
post #6892 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i don't even know what a lute is, so i guess it'd be perfect.

Ugh, such a philistine.
post #6893 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Lutes are awesome.

 

Yes they are. http://www.pixyland.org/mymusic.html

 

 

lefty

post #6894 of 11478
^ Is that guy wearing board shorts and a pork pie?
post #6895 of 11478
wife was texting me all in distress yesterday because she dearly wanted a Peanut Butter Acai bowls from Juice Generation (we used to live next to one). I promised her that there had to be some yuppy juice bar around the corner, but then we realized there wasn't, and that made us both happy.
post #6896 of 11478
There's one on Graham ave and Metropolitan. Just a short walk away.
post #6897 of 11478
Where did you end up Gomey? I just spent some time recently around the Graham/Grand stops.

Was in the area a lot more when I was dating a girl around there.
post #6898 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

wife was texting me all in distress yesterday because she dearly wanted a Peanut Butter Acai bowls from Juice Generation (we used to live next to one). I promised her that there had to be some yuppy juice bar around the corner, but then we realized there wasn't, and that made us both happy.

Unless she was/is pregnant, I would have ignored!
post #6899 of 11478

Need a dinner recommendation for tonight in the Empire State Building/34th st area. Know nothing about the neighbourhood.

 

lefty

post #6900 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Need a dinner recommendation for tonight in the Empire State Building/34th st area. Know nothing about the neighbourhood.

lefty

there is one of those brewhouse/burger type places right next to it and you also have all the korean places a block or so away. if you are willing to walk a few blocks south, you;ll have a few more options
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks