or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 371

post #5551 of 11478
In the L train it is almost daily. I have even seen two different groups of dancers in one trip. I mean they are really good, but it is just aggravating after a day of work when you just want to get the hell home and chill out.
post #5552 of 11478
i haven't seen any in a while. i think that's because service has been cut enough that the trains are too crowded for backflips now.
post #5553 of 11478
the snow is making me skip drinks with Manton and coolpapa
post #5554 of 11478

What's the uber surge charge for this mess?

 

lefty

post #5555 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

What's the uber surge charge for this mess?

lefty

the drivers i trust the least in the snow are cab drivers
post #5556 of 11478
post #5557 of 11478

Seems only fair if people insist on walking on the roads.

 

lefty

post #5558 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

case in point

http://gothamist.com/2014/01/21/video_cab_driver_sidewalk.php

What's the problem, it looks like he knows what he's doing
post #5559 of 11478
my street has seen far fewer plows in the DeBlasio era
post #5560 of 11478
It looks like there are tracks coming off the sidewalk already, suggesting that he wasn't the first one to drive up on the sidewalk.
post #5561 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

the snow is making me skip drinks with Manton and coolpapa

Thanks for the invite TFTI™
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

my street has seen far fewer plows in the DeBlasio era

Agreed. Getting home last night was a nightmare. Pretty much none of the sidewalks were shoveled yet and there were no cabs in sight. Car service line was consistently busy.
post #5562 of 11478
Thread Starter 
Manhattan is totally not plowed. I mean, Park in the 50s. Really, people? I have never seen this, ever, in 20-odd years either living here or visiting here. My little flyspeck village in W'chester is spotless and Midtown East looks like Siberia.
post #5563 of 11478
i am working with the protection of a giant down comforter.
post #5564 of 11478
I can only speak of the one department where someone I know was the commissioner. DiBlasio had no transition team. None. In the months before the changeover, no one from the administration-to-be reached out to anyone of the senior staff to tell them what the plans were for the department or whether they would have jobs. So everyone who could get a job in the private sector did and left. This person could not, in good conscience ask anyone to stay. And these are not high level jobs necessarily. Just not permanent union staff and are technically political appointees but (not counting the commissioner) non-partisan career bureaucrat types.
Who knows what went on at the DOT
post #5565 of 11478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

I can only speak of the one department where someone I know was the commissioner. DiBlasio had no transition team. None. In the months before the changeover, no one from the administration-to-be reached out to anyone of the senior staff to tell them what the plans were for the department or whether they would have jobs. So everyone who could get a job in the private sector did and left. This person could not, in good conscience ask anyone to stay. And these are not high level jobs necessarily. Just not permanent union staff and are technically political appointees but (not counting the commissioner) non-partisan career bureaucrat types.
Who knows what went on at the DOT

That is inexcusable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks