or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 358

post #5356 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Am considering having an electrician hang a light so my man card is soon to be pulled. Maybe it will work in the subway?

lefty

i can barely change lightbulbs. wife has a network of contractors for anything else.





speaking of, we are thinking about having new pillows made...
post #5357 of 11466

That's such a NYC thing ... she's got a guy.

 

And if she doesn't have a guy she knows a guy whose brudda has got a guy.

 

Keeper.

 

lefty

post #5358 of 11466
Unfortunately the "people" my girlfriend has I would file under the "useless" category. "Let's get together with so-and-so she's a spiritual healer!" "Let's see so-and-so he's clairvoyant!" ffffuuuu.gif
post #5359 of 11466

First rule of home ownership - start to collect people who know how to do shit.

 

lefty

post #5360 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Unfortunately the "people" my girlfriend has I would file under the "useless" category. "Let's get together with so-and-so she's a spiritual healer!" "Let's see so-and-so he's clairvoyant!" ffffuuuu.gif

invite spiritual healer over.
rip a silent one.
comment on feeling healed.
??
profit
post #5361 of 11466
Funny you say that. I asked one of her "healer" friends if she could fix my digestive issues. She said she could, but she would have to be present during one of my bowel movements. I lolled and obliged. Haven't made an appointment yet.
post #5362 of 11466
people are so weird, and it's not just you.



it would make for a good DT though: "ITT we decide Booth's diet leading up to the event of him pooping in front of a spiritual healer"


oh, and it absolutely must be corn and hot sauce heavy.
post #5363 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

First rule of home ownership - start to collect people who know how to do shit.

lefty

My plan will be to call my dad (former general contractor and general handy man know it all) and get his advice. Do it myself.

Done.

Unless it involves submitting plans and getting permits from some stupid Building/Code Enforcement committee, then screw that noise.
post #5364 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Funny you say that. I asked one of her "healer" friends if she could fix my digestive issues. She said she could, but she would have to be present during one of my bowel movements. I lolled and obliged. Haven't made an appointment yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

people are so weird, and it's not just you.



it would make for a good DT though: "ITT we decide Booth's diet leading up to the event of him pooping in front of a spiritual healer"


oh, and it absolutely must be corn and hot sauce heavy.

We're not quite there yet, but this is also a potential cross-post for "What's the Deal w/ the Guy in the bathroom" thread
post #5365 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

My plan will be to call my dad (former general contractor and general handy man know it all) and get his advice. Do it myself.
 

 

What's he doing this weekend?

 

lefty

post #5366 of 11466
i can't even operate our shades correctly. I can get them down, but never up. I'll pull and tug for like 10 minutes, and I'll try all different ways, speeds, angles, etc. and nothing. Wife will come over and WHOOSH they're up with her first try.



one time, however, I did fix the broken chain in the toilet upper thing. I didn't do it correctly as you have to hold the lever down way too long to achieve proper flush, but it's something.
post #5367 of 11466
paying $6K to a rental broker.
post #5368 of 11466
Did he at least give you the reach around?
post #5369 of 11466
Subway stairs at 59th and Lexington coming from the 4, 5, 6. ffffuuuu.gif
post #5370 of 11466
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Subway stairs at 59th and Lexington coming from the 4, 5, 6. ffffuuuu.gif

i find 68th to be even worse ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks