or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 332

post #4966 of 11541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Another hard-working public servant felled by chronic fatigue syndrome. I will keep him in my prayers.

Fibromyaligia. Or he was tired because he couldn't get to sleep due to Restless Leg Syndrome.
post #4967 of 11541
I have some sympathy for the guy. He nods off and he's responsible for killing four people. I'm glad my work screw ups can't kill any one.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he should go to jail.
post #4968 of 11541
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

I have some sympathy for the guy. He nods off and he's responsible for killing four people. I'm glad my work screw ups can't kill any one.

Don't get me wrong, I still think he should go to jail.

eh, I've firmly decided "fuck that shit". Guy was paid nearly $150K a year plus union benefits and pensions to not fuck up stopping at stations correctly.

http://data.newsday.com/new-york/data/politics/metro-north-salaries-overtime-pay/?searchField=name&q=rockefeller
post #4969 of 11541
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post


eh, I've firmly decided "fuck that shit". Guy was paid nearly $150K a year plus union benefits and pensions to not fuck up stopping at stations correctly.

http://data.newsday.com/new-york/data/politics/metro-north-salaries-overtime-pay/?searchField=name&q=rockefeller


150k to drive a train?  Meanwhile treehuggers are saving the whales and the jungles, facing unimaginable dangers in birkenstocks but no deodorant for peanuts!

post #4970 of 11541
Thread Starter 
Rumpel, you said, "Never happened in DC. Sorry." Now you have acknowledged, more than once, three cases in which it did, in fact, happen in DC. You want to change the subject to a lot of irrelevant crap (all of which I could answer, if I had any inclination to or confidence that you could comprehend the answers, which I don't).

You lost pages ago. Why you keep going on I have no idea.
post #4971 of 11541
I've said this many times: I should have worked for the MTA or become a cop.
post #4972 of 11541
Speaking of liars and fools: I'll be in sucky New York (briefly) next week. What was originally going to be a full day and evening Tuesday is now turning into a 2/3 day. Might switch my Wednesday morning flight home to Tuesday evening. If I don't, I'd be happy to try to console any of you miserable Gothamites (well, almost any of you) with booze Tuesday evening. I'll be staying in midtown.
post #4973 of 11541
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

I've said this many times: I should have worked for the MTA or become a cop.
Cop, you only have to put in 20, but the starting pay is miserable, you can't really even live on it. Plus, you might get killed. OTOH, some chicks dig the uniform and the cuffs.

MTA, much better pay (at least on the commuter lines, not so much on the subways or busses) but you have to put in 30 to get the pension. No cache.

Fireman: best of all by far. Chance of death, yes, but everyone loves firemen even (esp?) when they die, so there is that consolation.

Best of all, do two (or 3!) and double or triple dip!
post #4974 of 11541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Cop, you only have to put in 20, but the starting pay is miserable, you can't really even live on it. Plus, you might get killed. OTOH, some chicks dig the uniform and the cuffs.

MTA, much better pay (at least on the commuter lines, not so much on the subways or busses) but you have to put in 30 to get the pension. No cache.

Fireman: best of all by far. Chance of death, yes, but everyone loves firemen even (esp?) when they die, so there is that consolation.

Best of all, do two (or 3!) and double or triple dip!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I know the State Police Superintendent collects a huge cop pension (I think he was the Yonkers police chief or something like that) on top of his six figure salary.

Ever watch "Rescue Me," the Denis Leary show about NYC firefighters? They walk into bars and the women melt (pun intended). And since TV is reality, that must happen all the time!
post #4975 of 11541
Thread Starter 
It absolutely happens, I've seen it IRL.
post #4976 of 11541
I got knocked out with one punch once in a street fight while in High School.
I suppose that means it wasn't much of a fight.
post #4977 of 11541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Rumpel, you said, "Never happened in DC. Sorry." Now you have acknowledged, more than once, three cases in which it did, in fact, happen in DC. You want to change the subject to a lot of irrelevant crap (all of which I could answer, if I had any inclination to or confidence that you could comprehend the answers, which I don't).

You lost pages ago. Why you keep going on I have no idea.

 

With all of your blathering, changing your argument and carrying on like a woman  I am reasonably sure that you are a gay man (not that there is anything wrong with it) and you are the bitch in the relationship.  And if you aren't gay but straight, you are still a bitch.  Why?  Because only bitches argue so much about things that mean so little.

 

So you're right Manton.  There is a clear pattern of attacks on whites in DC that dates back at least to 2008, particularly in the Mount Pleasant and Adams Morgan sections of NW because of the 3 well documented cases of assaults: 1 assault from 2011 in an entirely different part of the city and 2 other assaults 2 weeks ago.  You win.   Now go drink your soy milk latte and shut the fuck up already.  Jeez

post #4978 of 11541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelstiltskin View Post

With all of your blathering, changing your argument and carrying on like a woman  I am reasonably sure that you are a gay man (not that there is anything wrong with it) and you are the bitch in the relationship.  And if you aren't gay but straight, you are still a bitch.  Why?  Because only bitches argue so much about things that mean so little.

So you're right Manton.  There is a clear pattern of attacks on whites in DC that dates back at least to 2008, particularly in the Mount Pleasant and Adams Morgan sections of NW because of the 3 well documented cases of assaults: 1 assault from 2011 in an entirely different part of the city and 2 other assaults 2 weeks ago.  You win.   Now go drink your soy milk latte and shut the fuck up already.  Jeez

Are you 15 years old?
post #4979 of 11541

I'm 15 because  I tire of going back and forth with a blowhard?  Please.  I told him he won.  What else do you want from me?

post #4980 of 11541
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Are you 15 years old?

Ouch
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks