or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 14

post #196 of 6607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

first decent day in New York in at least two months


I agree. Today is actually a really nice day to be outside. Low humidity and a slight breeze, feels great!

post #197 of 6607
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Isn't that about 100 miles from NYC?


I thought the question was "are there beaches in N.Y.?"

This is the view from the Fire Island light looking east - it's less than 50 miles from the city
post #198 of 6607
today was nice.

manton the maintenance record in the burroughs is even worse. public transportation is so horrible out here.

i also completely disagree with the "new yorkers know what to do." tons of new yorkers are on the left side of the escalator standing there and walking down a sidewalk super slow and blocking people from walking by. its so damn annoying.

agree with the people are nice, some are real assholes but i have met a lot of really nice new yorkers, probably my biggest surprise since moving here.
post #199 of 6607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

today was nice.
manton the maintenance record in the burroughs is even worse. public transportation is so horrible out here.
i also completely disagree with the "new yorkers know what to do." tons of new yorkers are on the left side of the escalator standing there and walking down a sidewalk super slow and blocking people from walking by. its so damn annoying.
agree with the people are nice, some are real assholes but i have met a lot of really nice new yorkers, probably my biggest surprise since moving here.

that is fukking true^^^
but NY is still da shit!
post #200 of 6607
Thread Starter 
When I first moved to the 'burbs, the trains were on time every day. I mean down to the minute. you could set your watch by them. Lately they have gone to hell. I don't think a train has both left and arrived on time in a year.

Of course, the MTA says they are all one time because they define "on time" as being within 5:59 of schedule. For a 27 minute ride. So if you're off by 22% at either end, or 44% total, you're still "on time." Right, guys.
post #201 of 6607
NY seems brilliant according to this thread, compared to Tokyo.

road tolls in Tokyo:

about $12 to enter the Tokyo-Yokohama wangan (it's like 7 miles or something)

Rent:

1 room (i say 1 room as literally, one room, something ridiculous like 100sq ft) starts at about 1200USD in the city, maybe $6-800 in the sticks. Getting walled off rooms is straight luxury, you might pay $3000+ for that, and move up to 3-400 sq ft.

Food is cheap, but cheap food is crappy. Expensive food is expensive.

Girls:

Can find a fuckable specimen everytime you go to the convenience to buy beer and drink away the cost of living sorrows, like me, and they will be 7-8's or above, no fatties, ever. You don't get involved with them because you know it's just going to cost you more money.
post #202 of 6607
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

there's just nothing I can say to this. But I laugh. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Y View Post

Someone needs to dub lightsabers on top of that video, sort of like this: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

I was thinking that exact same thing.
Give the internet 2 days.

just to follow up on this:


also:
29crutch2-cityroom-blog480-v3.jpg
post #203 of 6607
Thread Starter 
every building is NY is always scaffolded because of the greedy unions.
post #204 of 6607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

every building is NY is always scaffolded because of the greedy unions.

ugh. The worst.
post #205 of 6607
Parking is free and relatively easy to find after 4pm on the UES.
post #206 of 6607
the bumpers on cars that park there get beat to shit soon enough.
post #207 of 6607
Hmm, never had that issue. I'm just happy to park for free.
post #208 of 6607
Those rubber retard bibs on the backs of nice cars in NYC crack me up. Only place I've ever seen them (might've seen them in Chicago too, but Chicago doesn't even exist to me), they might as well brand them with Mets and Yankees logos.
post #209 of 6607
Never see those in the city... ?
post #210 of 6607
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Those rubber retard bibs on the backs of nice cars in NYC crack me up. Only place I've ever seen them (might've seen them in Chicago too, but Chicago doesn't even exist to me), they might as well brand them with Mets and Yankees logos.

they do look dumb. but I've seen my fair share of bad bumpers to realize their utility - the worst bumpers look like they were blasted with a high powered BB gun for hours. Next time I see one (so next time I walk outside), if I have StyleForvm on my mind, I'll snap a picture for this thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks