or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why New York Sucks - Page 127

post #1891 of 6837
No, I mean the whole thing. Blegh.

Well, let me be more clear. There are individual things I like that happen to be downtown. Like Ippudo. But the surroundings, the people, all of that, I could happily do without.
Edited by mafoofan - 6/6/13 at 4:25pm
post #1892 of 6837
eh, I love it downtown. Whole different vibe and atmosphere, and all the good and bad that comes with that different atmosphere.
post #1893 of 6837
Downtown as below 14th or below 59th?
post #1894 of 6837
14. Naturally. Some leeway is given for Chelsea from 9th ave and beyond.
post #1895 of 6837
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

No, I mean the whole thing. Blegh.

Well, let me be more clear. There are individual things I like that happen to be downtown. Like Ippudo. But the surroundings, the people, all of that, I could happily do without.

Guess the midtown Ippudo's going to be one less reason to go downtown.
post #1896 of 6837
Ippudo is great.


but I can't get me enough $5.50 big bowl of spicy beef soup from Super Taste.
post #1897 of 6837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston S. View Post

Guess the midtown Ippudo's going to be one less reason to go downtown.

Huzzah for that. Haven't had a better bowl of ramen in the city. Porkalicious like none other.
post #1898 of 6837

Jin Ramen - 125th and Broadway.

 

Just arrived home after an event at the Friars Club. Matthew Morrison sang a few show tunes with Smokey Robinson in the audience.

 

It was a goddamn thrill to stand in the place where giants once tread.

 

lefty

post #1899 of 6837
post #1900 of 6837
Thread Starter 
Is there a block anywhere in Manhattan without a double-parked, loudly idling, smog-belching 18-wheeler?
post #1901 of 6837
On the weekend, there are none. You should visit sometimes smile.gif
post #1902 of 6837
Yes, but then on the weekend you have the ambulances idling for an eternity, what with their diesel super duty engines and sense of entitlement.
post #1903 of 6837
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

Downtown as below 14th or below 59th?

If you have to ask . . . .

I like downtown NYC, but I'm always a little skeeved by the droplets of random moisture that land on me from time to time. You hope it's just A/C condensation . . . hope being the operative word
post #1904 of 6837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

Is there a block anywhere in Manhattan without a double-parked, loudly idling, smog-belching 18-wheeler?

Many!
post #1905 of 6837
This fucking torrential rain.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Reasons why New York Sucks