Burn the tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on Yesterday at 8:42 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- A bunch of ties-NWOT, NWT from Drake's, Isaia and Panta Last post on 1/24/14 at 7:50pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NWOT RLPL and RLBL ties Last post on 8/21/13 at 9:28pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suggestions for pocket square with this tie. - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
IF I were to wear that tie I would probably wear it with a light colored linen suit and either a light blue or a cream colored shirt. The intense contract with your chosen suit and shirt is what makes an already marginal tie look atrocious.
I think that looks a lot better. Practice tying that tie knot - the knot itself should be a nice upside-down triangle and the length of tie extending downwards should have a dimple where it meets the knot. Like this http://www.bows-n-ties.com/cherryred-striped-necktie-p-13858.html?r=o
Also, assuming that's a two-button suit jacket, keep the top button buttoned unless you're sitting down. This will show off the suits silhouette.
So would this pocket square work? It's the first one I listed when I first posted.
I'd pass on that one. I'm not too big on solid pocket squares unless they are white. Not everyone agrees with this, but it's just a personal thing. I'd go with something like this...
It's a bit match for me personally, but I'd hesitate to go with anything too contrasting in this situation simply because all eyes would be drawn to the square and nothing else.
ETA: Link for the square, in case you want it.
- Suggestions for pocket square with this tie.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Advice re: navy suit jacket 54 seconds ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 1 minute ago
- › Closed vs open channel stitching 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)