Burn the tie.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NWT Drake's London Ties - Shantung, Grenadine, and a Cashmere Last post on 1/8/15 at 8:26pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- TOM FORD Ties - Silk, Knit, Woolens Last post on 1/13/15 at 7:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- RLPL - Purple Label Tie Clearout Last post on 12/4/14 at 6:16am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Drops & Adds! TIES - Drake's, Tom Ford, Isaia, Zegna, Cappelli, Cucinelli... Last post on 7/20/14 at 7:10pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Ties for sale, all are either BNWT or BNWOT-Many maker Last post on 6/28/14 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suggestions for pocket square with this tie. - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
IF I were to wear that tie I would probably wear it with a light colored linen suit and either a light blue or a cream colored shirt. The intense contract with your chosen suit and shirt is what makes an already marginal tie look atrocious.
I think that looks a lot better. Practice tying that tie knot - the knot itself should be a nice upside-down triangle and the length of tie extending downwards should have a dimple where it meets the knot. Like this http://www.bows-n-ties.com/cherryred-striped-necktie-p-13858.html?r=o
Also, assuming that's a two-button suit jacket, keep the top button buttoned unless you're sitting down. This will show off the suits silhouette.
So would this pocket square work? It's the first one I listed when I first posted.
I'd pass on that one. I'm not too big on solid pocket squares unless they are white. Not everyone agrees with this, but it's just a personal thing. I'd go with something like this...
It's a bit match for me personally, but I'd hesitate to go with anything too contrasting in this situation simply because all eyes would be drawn to the square and nothing else.
ETA: Link for the square, in case you want it.
- Suggestions for pocket square with this tie.
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 27 seconds ago
- › Grey W&H Zip Up Cotton Sweat Top (size Large) 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 13 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...