or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quality Shoes in Boston
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Quality Shoes in Boston

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Does anyone know of stores in (or around) the Boston area that offers quality shoes (C&J, Carmina, Trickers, AS, EG, JL, Vass, etc)? I have only been able to find Alden and AE and would like to try on a few others before I buy a pair but have come up empty. Any suggestions made in previous threads seem to have closed since then.
post #2 of 18
I know Neiman Marcus has some Lobbs on the website - try calling their Copley Plaza location to see if they're carrying them.
post #3 of 18
Thread Starter 
Anyone know where I can find C&J? I'd rather not just blindly order online until I find the right size and last.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post

Anyone know where I can find C&J? I'd rather not just blindly order online until I find the right size and last.

Barney's has C&J. Only place in Boston that I know of.
post #5 of 18

You will find what you need at Copley Place.....LV,Ferragamo,etc

post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post

You will find what you need at Copley Place.....LV,Ferragamo,etc

he said quality
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post

Anyone know where I can find C&J? I'd rather not just blindly order online until I find the right size and last.

Brooks Brothers Peal&Co shoes are C&J if they aren't the lightweight ones.  There's a big BB on Newbury.

post #8 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCleverName View Post

Brooks Brothers Peal&Co shoes are C&J if they aren't the lightweight ones.  There's a big BB on Newbury.

 

Except if they are AS

post #9 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumspice View Post

Except if they are AS

I could do C&J or AS, how can I be positive they are either of those when I am trying them on?
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post

Does anyone know of stores in (or around) the Boston area that offers quality shoes (C&J, Carmina, Trickers, AS, EG, JL, Vass, etc)? I have only been able to find Alden and AE and would like to try on a few others before I buy a pair but have come up empty. Any suggestions made in previous threads seem to have closed since then.

There is a place in Boston called Vox Sartoria you might want to look into. Vox Sartoria has all the brands you mention as well as an extensive range of AE seconds. I understand, however, that only limited sizes are available.
post #11 of 18
I understand they also offer AE seconds in smaller sizes to be used as trees for your AE firsts.
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post

There is a place in Boston called Vox Sartoria you might want to look into. Vox Sartoria has all the brands you mention as well as an extensive range of AE seconds. I understand, however, that only limited sizes are available.
Are you sure its still open? I can't find it one Google, any idea what the address is?
post #13 of 18
lurker[1].gif
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by circumspice View Post

 

Except if they are AS

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post


I could do C&J or AS, how can I be positive they are either of those when I am trying them on?

 

I was under the impression that all of the Peal&Co shoes other than lightweight ones are now C&J.  The only remaining AS shoes are deadstock on the website, but there's a good possibility I'm wrong.  As for telling which is which, the nail pattern on the heel can help you out.  There's a thread somewhere on here that details each one, I haven't seen it in a while though.  A search should bring it up.

 

Edit* It was stickied: http://www.styleforum.net/t/24109/hof-labels-heels-and-nail-patterns-secrets-to-id-the-maker

post #15 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCanavan6 View Post

Are you sure its still open? I can't find it one Google, any idea what the address is?

Try searching it as one word. I believe the proprietor is a member of these fora.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Quality Shoes in Boston