or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Great 2012 Presidential Race Style Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Great 2012 Presidential Race Style Thread! - Page 3

post #31 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post


Is this guy a politician in Amercia?


Well, at that size he sure couldn't be a politician anywhere else.

post #32 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

My initial post was questioning what having Sicilian blood had to do with being morbidly obese. 

I dont expect overweight men to fit a certain mold. To each their own. Aside from a medical condition, I don't see how any sports injury could be an excuse for being that size. I think we can agree, Christie is a very very overweight man, playing in a space where perception often times becomes reality.

I find Christie intelligent charismatic and a rising star. I'd vote for him. I was merely stating an opinion. 

Stop being obtuse. It is not racial profiling to suggest Italian blood guys have a tendency to being overweight. It is the love = food part of the Italian culture aka his Mum. There is also a tendency to overweight when you are no longer working 8 hours a day in the heat of the Mezzogiorno and eating la cucina povera. Capisce?
post #33 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Stop being obtuse. It is not racial profiling to suggest Italian blood guys have a tendency to being overweight. It is the love = food part of the Italian culture aka his Mum. There is also a tendency to overweight when you are no longer working 8 hours a day in the heat of the Mezzogiorno and eating la cucina povera. Capisce?

How many real Italians have you met?

Clue for you. If you take bigger then a 54EU jacket you'll need to hit the big and tall shop in Italy. Maybe a 56 if you're lucky.
post #34 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post


Stop being obtuse. It is not racial profiling to suggest Italian blood guys have a tendency to being overweight. It is the love = food part of the Italian culture aka his Mum. There is also a tendency to overweight when you are no longer working 8 hours a day in the heat of the Mezzogiorno and eating la cucina povera. Capisce?

Wow thanks for clearing that up! ffffuuuu.gif

 

I am Italian and spend a month there every year, down south not to far from Sicily. If anything, on average, Italians (real Italians) tend to be slim! 

 

Btw, being overweight is different than being morbidly obese. Christie is pushing 400 lbs, which is 100% not the norm in Italy/Sicily -- working or not.

post #35 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post


How many real Italians have you met?
Clue for you. If you take bigger then a 54EU jacket you'll need to hit the big and tall shop in Italy. Maybe a 56 if you're lucky.

x2 ridiculous post.

post #36 of 49
Thread Starter 
Well...I called it...





Do we know who does his suits?
post #37 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post


Is this guy a politician in Amercia?

 

Governor of New Jersey and something of a rising star due to his propensity for "straight talk".

 

Personally I think he's a douche.

post #38 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Wow thanks for clearing that up! ffffuuuu.gif

 

I am Italian and spend a month there every year, down south not to far from Sicily. If anything, on average, Italians (real Italians) tend to be slim! 

 

Btw, being overweight is different than being morbidly obese. Christie is pushing 400 lbs, which is 100% not the norm in Italy/Sicily -- working or not.

 

Italian or Italian ancestry? lol

post #39 of 49
Thread Starter 
So...


Biden goes sans PS....


Obama goes all-blue...


Clinton switches to Full Windsors in his old age...
post #40 of 49
I like TJ Walker's YouTube video, he looks like Matt Lauer. wink.gif
post #41 of 49
I've been watching the coverage of both conventions on all the cable channels, and have found the sartorial standards have been very high. I can't think of any names offhand, but all of the commentators & pols have been showing some style.
post #42 of 49

Lawrence O'Donnell (political commentator) appeared to be wearing a suit with absolutely zero shoulder padding the other night.  Looked pretty good to me.

post #43 of 49
Thread Starter 
So last night...


I have to wonder: Do the campaigns talk to each other to decide who gets the blue tie and who gets the red tie for each debate?




And based on the news this morning, it looks to me that Ryan has gone from 4IH to Half Windsor to Full Windsor. Or maybe today he was just using a rather thick tie (thought I don't think one can get those at Walmart where he seems to get most of his clothes).
post #44 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDaniels View Post

Speaking as someone who has to work hard to maintain their weight, I still am absolutely shocked at how someone so in the public eye and scrutinized can appear in public looking like this:

If some rotund friend of yours ever considers the narrow lapel look, point him to this picture. It's worth a thousand words.
post #45 of 49
Thread Starter 
Is that one word per pound?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Great 2012 Presidential Race Style Thread!